Corona / Wuhan virus | Page 107 | INFJ Forum

Corona / Wuhan virus

all - do you know how much money they would all lose
Yeah, that's why they all cry that it's too expensive! It costs too much to make healthcare a right! But here's a magical trillion dollar bailout and a few thousand for the poor and middle class that they can give back to us when they pay their premiums.

UK passes 20,000 dead.

I predicted 20,000 back in March as an expected death toll, with below being a good win.

We are now beyond that.

The British Government have fucked up royally, worse than the US (balanced for population, considering we have 1/6 of the population of the US) and we have free healthcare.

Our numbers are staggering for our population. It should never have come to this.

We're a damn island. Germany has 6,000. France and Italy are ahead but Italy was the centre following China so that is to be expected.

WTF happened and why didn't we learn before it got that bad.

WTF happened and why didn't we learn before it got that bad.
We Americans learned from our parent's. As is usually, or sometimes, or every now and again is the case, kids turn out better than their parents. We obliterated you in the race to the top! Sucker!
*Sings*
Ameeeerrrrica Ameeeerrrrica.... We win at life and viruses... From things and stuff to stuff and things, we win from sea to shining sea!......

The British Government have fucked up royally, worse than the US
YOU TAKE THAT BACK NOW, NAUGHTY IMMIGRANT!!!!!!!!

We Americans learned from our parent's. As is usually, or sometimes, or every now and again is the case, kids turn out better than their parents. We obliterated you in the race to the top! Sucker!
*Sings*
Ameeeerrrrica Ameeeerrrrica.... We win at life and viruses... From things and stuff to stuff and things, we win from sea to shining sea!......
fred-trump-donald-trump.jpg

YOU TAKE THAT BACK NOW, NAUGHTY IMMIGRANT!!!!!!!!
You guys are just pissed mother Britannia loves Canada more than you.

had someone ask me last night if 53000 death was worldwide or just the US. . they were shocked when I pointed out it was the good old US of A. . they then just kind of shrugged it off. .. .ignorance helps you sleep at night I suppose, but it also spreads the virus, come on people. .

had someone ask me last night if 53000 death was worldwide or just the US. . they were shocked when I pointed out it was the good old US of A. . they then just kind of shrugged it off. .. .ignorance helps you sleep at night I suppose, but it also spreads the virus, come on people. .
I don't think it's that people want to be ignorant of the facts, it's just that the numbers are too large to wrap our heads around. On top of that, we all know those numbers are incomplete as we have nothing close to comprehensive testing going on and many tests are showing up as false negatives. All we can see are trends.

These people who think it's time to re-open America are the ignorant ones. I'd like to see the graphs show significant drop in new cases, hospitalizations and deaths before I started to even consider allowing non-essential shops to re-open. re-infuse those shops with money to keep their payrolls going. Demand proof that that is what the money is being used for. Billionaires should all be reinvesting in their own companies. There are some good ones that are, but most, particularly in the financial industry have their wallets clamped shut tighter than a Natick data center on the bottom of the ocean. (Sorry for the tangent, I'll stop as finances are not my thing.)

The trend shows some leveling off. No where near what we need to say Marshalls and the nail salon can open back up.

Last edited:
Meanwhile... somewhere in the world of Disney (China), social distancing testing starts using employees.

(Note, below image is not of a Disney park attraction, but of a competitor's... Disney is doing similar)

Attractions-Magazine-China-Fantawild-Park-Scattered-Seating-700x467.jpg

So far they've set up a checkpoint for temperature checks at entrances for guests and employees (not effective if someone is an asymptomatic carrier), all people must wear face masks (hey, new income source for sales) and are distancing family groups in shows.

Edited to add: We need a Mytbusters episode with Adam and Jamie on a roller coaster, staggered out as shown. Have one person two rows up spray an aerosol paint can forward while the person behind holds up poster board. I know, no need for someone to sit behind to get a splatter image on a board, but it adds some fun to it :)

Last edited:
So far they've set up a checkpoint for temperature checks at entrances for guests and employees (not effective if someone is an asymptomatic carrier),

thank you.. can we please do away with this myth? not having a fever does not mean anything, other than you don't have a fever

Give them a comparison...
And this had a whole generation out protesting...oh how apathetic we are these days.

"The Vietnam Conflict Extract Data File of the Defense Casualty Analysis System (DCAS) Extract Files contains records of 58,220 U.S. military fatal casualties of the Vietnam War."

Researching lately a lot about technology, social media and the impact that has on loneliness. I've been researching this far before the pandemic but it seems striking during this time.

Thinking about how hard it's currently for people deprived of basic even nonsexual human touch.

Thinking about the parallels between this pandemic and 9/11; there are technology and privacy surveillance changes going on now that seem to mirror back then, just going further.

Frustrating to be living in surveillance capitalism. Frustrating that this pandemic may be willfully exploited to take it all to the next level.

Researching lately a lot about technology, social media and the impact that has on loneliness. I've been researching this far before the pandemic but it seems striking during this time.

Thinking about how hard it's currently for people deprived of basic even nonsexual human touch.

Thinking about the parallels between this pandemic and 9/11; there are technology and privacy surveillance changes going on now that seem to mirror back then, just going further.

Frustrating to be living in surveillance capitalism. Frustrating that this pandemic may be willfully exploited to take it all to the next level.

I've been doing the same re loneliness over the last twelve months .. except on loneliness in general.

There's not much out there about it which is funny seeing we have so much loneliness.

It's not just about presence of physical beings, it's about a connection you feel (or not) with them. It's a weird emotion / condition :/

I've been doing the same re loneliness over the last twelve months .. except on loneliness in general.

There's not much out there about it which is funny seeing we have so much loneliness.

It's not just about presence of physical beings, it's about a connection you feel (or not) with them. It's a weird emotion / condition :/
Have you read

"Alone together"? That's a good book... And ironic, especially since the current popular hashtag for the pandemic on social media is #alonetogether

There is also a film I watched that is free on Amazon prime called "we live in public", it was extremely fascinating, talking about a project that was done on 1999 by one of the earliest tech millionaires from the .com bubble who essentially had this giant complex where people could live. Free food, free alcohol, free drugs, free recreation, no rent. The only stipulations? There were cameras and microphones everywhere and anything they recorded was their property. They also had "interrogation" sessions for the participants on a weekly basis where he had an ex cia trained guy attempt to psychologically break them. Josh Harris, the guy who ran the project, said he was trying to demonstrate what surveillance capitalism will end up doing to the human psyche.

People who participated in the project said that even though they had access to cameras and could watch anyone they wanted at any time, they felt lonelier than they had in their entire lives. It's an extreme example but I think it demonstrates perfectly much of what is gradually rolling out in society.

Not trying scare anyone unnecessarily...it's good to stay informed though.
Keep an eye out for stroke symptoms.
Stay healthy all...much love!
:<3white:

Young and middle-aged people, barely sick with covid-19, are dying of strokes
Doctors sound alarm about patients in their 30s and 40s left debilitated or dead.
Some didn’t even know they were infected.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/04/24/strokes-coronavirus-young-patients/

Reports of strokes in the young and middle-aged — not just at Mount Sinai, but also in many other hospitals in communities hit hard by the novel coronavirus — are the latest twist in our evolving understanding of the disease it causes.
The numbers of those affected are small but nonetheless remarkable because they challenge how doctors understand the virus. Even as it has infected nearly 2.8 million people worldwide and killed about 195,000 as of Friday, its biological mechanisms continue to elude top scientific minds.
Once thought to be a pathogen that primarily attacks the lungs, it has turned out to be a much more formidable foe — impacting nearly every major organ system in the body.

Don't disagree with you there.

Its bad enough what they did in Australia. A software developer can be instructed by the government to install a back door. They are not allowd to tell their employers and if they do, or they refuse the order, they can be given a prison sentence without public trial.

Its bs and terrifying. And this was several years ago. I don't want this imported to the rest of the Anglo-sphere and I want it banned in Australia ASAP.

Its why I won't buy Australian tech until its reversed. That includes Jira and Atlassian and all other Aussie Tech.

https://www.wired.com/story/australia-encryption-law-global-impact/

Edit - better link