Meka Istaqa
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 28, 2008
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
954 so/sx
After an initial test run there was an issue with the door on the capsule.

Right now I believe they are prepping to send somebody down, and if all goes accordingly they will start bringing miners up to the surface.

The first miner is going up!

Yeah, i'm watching it right now . . .

Reactions: Galileo
One down lol. Gonna be a long night.

YAAAY! That was beautiful. Boy, it's going be a long night though...

ETA: Jinx!

Reactions: Wyote
I'm wondering how it's going to affect them long term to have eyes of the world on them as they come out. Isn't that a bit too much attention after all they've gone through?

Long night indeed..

Watching the boy and the first miner gone up..was so emotive!

Dos amigos

Glad to see they are all making their way out. I can not even begin to imagine what they are all feeling right now. I bet its like christmas x3 with cake, icecream, kittens, and your first bicycle.

5 down 28 to go

I'm wondering how it's going to affect them long term to have eyes of the world on them as they come out. Isn't that a bit too much attention after all they've gone through?

I agree with you on this. Personally, I am rather concerned that things like this have been turned into a media event, able to be watched by the entire world..while I and others around the world felt for those people trapped down there, I'm quite sure that television stations didn't have them in mind when they televised it.

There used to be a time when we'd all be happy with a wonderful tribute on the daily news or perhaps a long newspaper article about the rescue, but these days it seems like this sort of thing has to be turned into a mediafest.

I agree with this. Not only that, but I don't really like how a rescue like this has been turned into some sort of high-rating event.

while I and others around the world felt incredibly sorry for these people and were hoping they would get out safely, is that really what the television stations had in mind when they decided to televise this?

There used to be a time when a wonderful tribute on the daily news or a long article in a newspaper would have satisfied us. I don't think this sort of mediafest is better....

the same goes for when famous people die. they used to mention it in news updates and so on only, they never used to interupt a mornings worth of telivision/radio to the subject.

It's the advantage of modern media, were capable now seeing things as they happen.

Indeed, I accept that it's what modern media is capable of, but I don't accept that it's always going to be an advantage.

Indeed, I accept that it's what modern media is capable of, but I don't accept that it's always going to be an advantage.

I can agree with that, some things don't need to be seen or at least they take the focus off the things that should be seen.

I agree with this. Not only that, but I don't really like how a rescue like this has been turned into some sort of high-rating event.

while I and others around the world felt incredibly sorry for these people and were hoping they would get out safely, is that really what the television stations had in mind when they decided to televise this?

yeah, i'm curious about the long term effects all this attention will have. Because all this media attention is just beginning.

Well if the way the media has affected the families on the outside is any indication of how it will affect the miners, it wont be good. I already feel bad for them because I am sure they have created a tight bond, but the various families have been feuding with one another so carrying that bond on is going to be difficult. I don't blame them for all wanting to be the last man out.

On the other hand, I feel that by having this televised it shows the weight of the circumstance better, and that the rest of the world can celebrate with them.

I'm watching it on BBC on the internet.

I get stares in the college library whenever I cheer when a man comes up. But they see why and they aren't mad. :p

oh yes, and 23 up. :D