Consequence of Riots in London | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Consequence of Riots in London

I have empathy for people who are fighting for their equality and understand why some people feel rioting is necessary. The amount of people actually engaging in this behaviour seems to be very, very small in comparison to those protesting peacefully anyway. I don't know if you can ever stop people from it. As someone who has been through a riot and had my own neighbourhood destroyed by one, I very much do not like it and it is not something that I would personally engage in. But I understand it. Is that a justification? I suppose you've made up your mind.

Mate, don't be passive. You never clarified until now.

Reactions: David54
He shouldn't be the martyr of BLM, period.
I don't see it that way. Maybe his life lost was the breaking point. Because so many African Americans are routinely killed, bullied and brutalized by police. I don't know anything about George Floyd..I've no interest in googling his arrest record. All that matters to me is a person was murdered by police. Regardless of your opinion of him, he still had a right to due process and to live. And his death still demonstrates a very broken criminal justice system in the US.

I don't see it that way. Maybe his life lost was the breaking point. Because so many African Americans are routinely killed, bullied and brutalized by police. I don't know anything about George Floyd..I've no interest in googling his arrest record. All that matters to me is a person was murdered by police. Regardless of your opinion of him, he still had a right to due process and to live. And his death still demonstrates a very broken criminal justice system in the US.
Floyd might even be an ideal candidate for that very reason.

Reactions: acd
let's nominate the dead man,killed by the police, that should stand for the cause of the death of black men by the police. . .when we get consensus we can submit his, or her name to BLM as a better choice to represent their cause. I nominate Michael Brown. . no wait, Emmet Till, no, come on. . Eric Garner, Dontre Hamilton, John Crawford, Ezell Ford. . .etc, etc. .