Consequence of Riots in London | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Consequence of Riots in London

I wish everything said about progress made was true. . unfortunately, if there had not been a camera there, George would just be another day in police society..Breonna Taylor's injuries listed on the incident report the night she was shot 8 times by the police? "no injuries". . the response of the officer to a black man being told he can't breath during an arrest, again with another officer with a knee to the neck. . "I don't care". . as he was being suffocated to death. .
yes, the black man should be satisfied with the progress we have made. .

I wish everything said about progress made was true. . unfortunately, if there had not been a camera there, George would just be another day in police society..Breonna Taylor's injuries listed on the incident report the night she was shot 8 times by the police? "no injuries". . the response of the officer to a black man being told he can't breath during an arrest, again with another officer with a knee to the neck. . "I don't care". . as he was being suffocated to death. .
yes, the black man should be satisfied with the progress we have made. .

First, it's a fact that we've made a lot of moral progress regarding minority rights. To deny this is simply myopic.
Second, Floyd was an awful, awful man. A quick google search on his criminal history will show this. Not saying the Police are justified for killing him.
Third, minority rights have improved by using either peaceful protest, or carefully planned rioting. Not using senseless violence.
Fourth, the rhetoric that "we've tried everything else" is simply not true. Not even close.

First, it's a fact that we've made a lot of moral progress regarding minority rights. To deny this is simply myopic.
Second, Floyd was an awful, awful man. A quick google search on his criminal history will show this. Not saying the Police are justified for killing him.
Third, minority rights have improved by using either peaceful protest, or carefully planned rioting. Not using senseless violence.
Fourth, the rhetoric that "we've tried everything else" is simply not true. Not even close.
OK, what else should be tried? If it's true that they're not even close to having tried everything else, then you must have a list and I am sure we'd all be better for hearing your recommendations.

OK, what else should be tried? If it's true that they're not even close to having tried everything else, then you must have a list and I am sure we'd all be better for hearing your recommendations.

Keep doing what we've been doing. It works, and its still working. Saying that "nothing as worked" is simply a lie.

Yes, he used drugs, but I don't think you can determine his character from his criminal history alone. In fact, a deeper dig yields some charges that are absolutely preposterous (e.g. "failure to recognize a police officer").

Something curious: why are you mentioning that he's an awful man if you aren't trying to justify what happened to him? Implying that you are stating information just for giggles or for some reason other than justification seems dishonest.

A person's character should have NO influence on the expectations of law enforcement to handle a situation professionally and ethically, and bringing in someone's character is immature and inane.

Yes, he used drugs, but I don't think you can determine his character from his criminal history alone. In fact, a deeper dig yields some charges that are absolutely preposterous (e.g. "failure to recognize a police officer").

Something curious: why are you mentioning that he's an awful man if you aren't trying to justify what happened to him? Implying that you are stating information just for giggles or for some reason other than justification seems dishonest.

A person's character should have NO influence on the expectations of law enforcement to handle a situation professionally and ethically, and bringing in someone's character is immature and inane.

He aimed a gun at a pregnant woman's stomach in an attempted robbery. That's pretty despicable if you ask me.

Also, you can read into my intentions if you like, but that doesn't mean you're right.

From what I understand the mass majority of people have been peaceful. I don't think you're going to talk people out of causing damage or looting if that's what they want to do.

Lets not stray from the topic. You have openly supported rioting and looting with the rhetoric "we've tried everything else, what else can we do". This is what I'm going after, not the idea of rioting itself.

He aimed a gun at a pregnant woman's stomach in an attempted robbery. That's pretty despicable if you ask me.

https://www.snopes.com/news/2020/06/12/george-floyd-criminal-record/

"Nothing in the court documents suggests she was pregnant at the time of the robbery, contrary to what memes and Owens later claimed."

Regardless, maybe doesn't fit the model of a "good" person, but again, character doesn't enter into it or excuse actions.

Also, you can read into my intentions if you like, but that doesn't mean you're right.

Cool... I'll just assume your comment was just for fun - without any sort of motivation behind it.

Reactions: Milktoast Bandit
Lets not stray from the topic. You have openly supported rioting and looting with the rhetoric "we've tried everything else, what else can we do". This is what I'm going after, not the idea of rioting itself.

So because I can understand their perspective you have decided you think you know my position on rioting and looting. Ok!

If you aren't justifying anything, then what is the point in saying this then? It's baffling. Maybe you can clarify why your opinion of him is relevant to prevent anyone from reading into your intentions.

If you aren't justifying anything, then what is the point in saying this then? It's baffling. Maybe you can clarify why your opinion of him is relevant to prevent anyone from reading into your intentions.

He shouldn't be the martyr of BLM, period.

You're the one that tried to justify it. I'm not just making shit up.

I have empathy for people who are fighting for their equality and understand why some people feel rioting is necessary. The amount of people actually engaging in this behaviour seems to be very, very small in comparison to those protesting peacefully anyway. I don't know if you can ever stop people from it. As someone who has been through a riot and had my own neighbourhood destroyed by one, I very much do not like it and it is not something that I would personally engage in. But I understand it. Is that a justification? I suppose you've made up your mind.

ah yes, George Floyd was a terrible person. . oh, not that we excuse his murder, but, come on. . he was no saint. . .seriously?
we've made lots of progress. . why black folk can now use the same bathroom as us. . drink out the same fountain. . but, can they walk, run,deliver to your neighborhood, use your pool, look at birds, without having the police called, and then potentially be arrested or killed for it??
and seriously, there are so many things we haven't tried. . like being invited to meet with the president at a round table on race, or kneel at a football game, or meet with congress to have legislation passed. . those things all worked, so keep doing them. . write more letters,,make more calls. . . you son of a bitch (to quote the president). .for the love of God