Condoms | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

Condoms

I thoguht this was maybe derived frmo the story of Onan, who was struck down by God after he spilt a lil seed?? :m051:

It is, but not because the sperm is a dead human.

its actually abramist law that if a man dies without any children, than his brother must marry his widow and have children in his name (that what deuteronomy says).

I wonder if this is still practiced. I was just reading that around the 10th century they stopped practicing polygyny because some Rabbi told them too.

The thing is, I don't want to defend the bible, I'm wiccan, the bible says I'm going to hell, I don't really want to go to hell.

Dont worry, you are doing a bad job of it.

So god cared more about wanking, than he did about the dude cuckolding his wife?

So god cared more about wanking, than he did about the dude cuckolding his wife?
You know what they say. God must be a Malkavian.

I just think God doesn't like the withdrawal method for birth control. He was clearly making a statement that condoms needed to be invented and used instead when he struck that guy down. :mpoke:

Last edited:
Sure, debate the subject, but the fact is, that unless god is constantly doing it, then he obviously doesn't care anymore.

God does bugger all these days, I wanna see some severe smiting!

That's a good point, he really showed those heathens!

God cared more that Onan wasnt bringing an heir to his dead brother.

VindurNott: with the Biblical passages you are referring to - you have to remember that the Church is not 'Biblical Fundamentalist'. It tries to understand each passage according to the intent of the author.

For example, the case of Onan is more a moral teaching than one about the qualities of semen. And the Creation account is more about the cause of the various things we see in the world, than an attempt to provide a chronological description of events.

That said, a reasonable number of Christians (non-Catholics and confused Catholics) hold fundamentalist positions - but their merit is a different debate.

VindurNott: with the Biblical passages you are referring to - you have to remember that the Church is not 'Biblical Fundamentalist'. It tries to understand each passage according to the intent of the author.

For example, the case of Onan is more a moral teaching than one about the qualities of semen. And the Creation account is more about the cause of the various things we see in the world, than an attempt to provide a chronological description of events.

That said, a reasonable number of Christians (non-Catholics and confused Catholics) hold fundamentalist positions - but their merit is a different debate.
sorry, unresolved anger at my parents tends to make me enjoy poking fun at the church. If I have/am/ever offend you, I'm sorry.

sorry, unresolved anger at my parents tends to make me enjoy poking fun at the church. If I have/am/ever offend you, I'm sorry.

I can relate to what your saying - I have been trying to keep my wits about me with some difficult people. So much so, that I started a thread: 'do other types spoil religion for INFJ's'.

I can relate to what your saying - I have been trying to keep my wits about me with some difficult people. So much so, that I started a thread: 'do other types spoil religion for INFJ's'.

Being no expert in either religion or INFJs, Eastern Orthodoxy seems to attract people who I might characterize as INFJ.