Completely Misunderstood the INFJs | INFJ Forum

Completely Misunderstood the INFJs

S

Shai Gar

I used to think that Idealists were like the flying nimbus. Soft, fragile and needing purity to be able to touch them. I've come to the realisation that they're most definitely not fragile. It's taken me lots of conversations with Silent Honest, and noting INFJ typodistribution on my favourite messageboard, and some of wyotes posts to note this.

Much MUCH harder than I'd have had any thought to previous.

I used to think that Idealists were like the flying nimbus. Soft, fragile and needing purity to be able to touch them.

Haha nah. We're counselors, meaning we have to be pretty open-minded and lax about things, how else would we be so easy to approach and speak to, for anybody. My friends over the years have fallen from the devout and feircely religous christians, to gunsmugglers(not kidding).

I don't still speak to them, they scared me.

We like peace and harmony, that doesn't make us wussy cloud frolicking do-gooders haha.

I want a Glock, but I'm happy borrowing my dad's Sig now and then.

Right!

I want peace and harmony and serenity too, and I'm not averse to kicking anyone who imposes on my peace harmony and serenity until they're dead.

(at least figuratively. and maybe verbally. but there wouldn't be any, like, actual boot-to-imposer contact)

Ok now,

We like peace and harmony, that doesn't make us wussy cloud frolicking do-gooders haha.

I want a Glock, but I'm happy borrowing my dad's Sig now and then.

I think you may have just described me, then again, I have a 500 or so year old Samurai sword...It was a Christmas present from my husband. (Isn't he romantic?! Acutally, it was highly symbolic...ohhh another time...gotta take Amanda to horseback riding...)

There is a don't mess with me element to us, yes. :nono: When I see it here I laugh.

Right!

I want peace and harmony and serenity too, and I'm not averse to kicking anyone who imposes on my peace harmony and serenity until they're dead.

(at least figuratively. and maybe verbally. but there wouldn't be any, like, actual boot-to-imposer contact)

...I've got a kickin collection of under-utilitzed boots with so much potential to help the undervalued. Ah, yes, I'm not of THAT warrior clan, but the other one who believe the pen is mightier than the sword and all. Swords are also pretty intimidating. I might just collect some more to look at.

Last edited by a moderator:
See, though I will maintain with my dying breath that The Pen Is Mightier Than The Sword (though an actual samurai sword is mighty impressive), I do have a cricket bat under the bed in case there's a home invasion or otherwise hostile event.

You can never be too careful.

You know me Shai. I would never argue or act stubbornly because I'm just so soft and fragile. :mcute:

I have a 500 or so year old Samurai sword.

I've never been so jealous. Where do you live? I must steal... I mean, how much for the sword? (I have no money so feel free to just mail it to me, or just put me in your Will if you are that attached to it =P).

Last edited:
So which types are soft and fragile?

That is an excellent question. I'm not so sure than any specific type is soft and fragile-these things are so dependant on the various experiences at hand. Perhaps it's more a matter of personal growth? Though feelers, in general, have greater potential to be fragile because of how strongly they are led by emotions.

So why do I keep noticing T's are often the first to be offended? and then go check INTJ Forum and they talk about emotional outbursts all the time, hmmm...

ESFJs seem to be pretty soft as they will take offence easily but not fragile as they will bounce back just as easily.

So why do I keep noticing T's are often the first to be offended? and then go check INTJ Forum and they talk about emotional outbursts all the time, hmmm...

ESFJs seem to be pretty soft as they will take offence easily but not fragile as they will bounce back just as easily.

that is an excellent point!!

I dunno. My ENTJ BFF is extremely sensitive. I wouldn't call her soft or fragile. But she is prone to strong emotional outbursts. My ISTP father is . . . more emotionally sensitive than he lets on. He may be closer to that image than many I know. Maybe it's an IT thing?

Maybe we should talk about what it means to be soft and fragile? Soft as in yeilding or submissive, fragile as in sensitive? Sensitive to rejection, other people's emotional states? That is how I've always viewed it, but we each have a different interpretation!

Off topic.
Well I went to the intj board and I thought I over-analyzed stuff. But holy mackadoodles they over-analyze things.

Don't they ever!! I went once, just once . . . wanted to blow my brains out by the time I peeled myself off the wall . . . a little too intense for me.

lol I love it that's how my brain works. :)

Wandering topics suit me just fine (notice we've diverged away from the divergence?).

The INTPs seem pretty sensitive, underneath the cynical-ism. But I don't know enough about the other types to really know...

And INFJs are humanitarians with an adversion to violence, but that doesn't stop me from threatening to kick people in the face and telling my sister that our parents don't love her (in a joking sense, of course....>.>)