Trifoilum

find wisdom, build hope.
Dec 27, 2009
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Will you like it?

I am adjusting to it as best one can. It can force one to go where few dare to trod, but there is good to be found, even in aloneness. Fortunately, it is seldom total.

not really

Maybe within a certain context, but on its own the words sound unpleasant - very much so.

I have been completely alone before and I got by alright. After my friend Joe died I spent a lot of my middle school career coming straight home and bumming around my house. I didn't call anyone and I didn't receive any calls. I barely spoke to my parents. I don't think I could do it now. Not that I like to be surrounded by a lot of people all the time, but I love my friends.

Nope. I need to use my Fe in order to be fufilled, even though I'd rather not be using it 100% of the time as that would be tiring and non-meaningful.

There is no way I could do that...... I love the people in my life more than anything, and they are what make me happy. nothing else can accomplish that...... I have been alone for a long time before, and I survived but not happily.

It's just boring, but fine otherwise.

In theory, yes. Though I start to feel isolated and desperate and suicidal after too long.

No, I need people. I am an introvert, but I can only go so long without some kind of in person human interaction.

People are the most adaptable creatures alive, so yes I could adapt to that situation, and I think that I could even grow to like it. But I'd prefer to have at least some animals around.

EDIT: Now that I come to think of it, you (the OP) didn't really clarify what do you mean by "completely alone" term, because in a way some people are just that today even if they are surrounded by a hundred other people. A few days ago I was at a bus stop, just gotten into the bus, and while the bus was standing and other people were coming in, I was watching what was outside. There was a guy who just out of the blue started vomiting and he was looking like he is going to pass out. Nobody even turned around to see what was happening, nobody offered to help, nobody even wanted to take a look at him. And in a way he was completely alone, among so many other people around. This is one of the most disturbing things about our society today, IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: invisible
People are the most adaptable creatures alive, so yes I could adapt to that situation, and I think that I could even grow to like it. But I'd prefer to have at least some animals around.

EDIT: Now that I come to think of it, you (the OP) didn't really clarify what do you mean by "completely alone" term, because in a way some people are just that today even if they are surrounded by a hundred other people. A few days ago I was at a bus stop, just gotten into the bus, and while the bus was standing and other people were coming in, I was watching what was outside. There was a guy who just out of the blue started vomiting and he was looking like he is going to pass out. Nobody even turned around to see what was happening, nobody offered to help, nobody even wanted to take a look at him. And in a way he was completely alone, among so many other people around. This is one of the most disturbing things about our society today, IMO.

Well what can you do? Vomiting is a natural part of our human processess, there's no need to kid yourself into thinking that you can really offer help when it comes to something like that. And for that matter meddling in other people's business that you have no ability to really influence or fix without a serious personal investment and side-tracking of your OWN issues is generally why people don't look to get "involved" with someone vomiting on the street.

Last edited:
I have had long periods of my life when I have been completely alone. It is when I am most at peace, but I always end up taking on people, so my actions belie my yearnings for a solitary life.

Well what can you do? Vomiting is a natural part of our human processess, there's no need to kid yourself into thinking that you can really offer help when it comes to something like that. And for that matter meddling in other people's business that you have no ability to really influence or fix without a serious personal investment and side-tracking of your OWN issues is generally why people don't look to get "involved" with someone vomiting on the street.

What can you do?! Really?

You can ask if that person needs medical help, for instance. And yea, putting our own needs all the time before anyone else's is one of the reasons why people end up being so isolated.

If it was me I'd like someone to offer me help if I needed one, not just pass by me, because s/he might be late or just plain doesn't care.

I prefer being alone - around people (as contradictory as that sounds).

I do like being completely alone - and when I am, I spend a lot of time thinking nice things about absent people.

Yes.

I have a dream, in which I am the only human on the entire planet.

I will have a base, a hub of sorts, where I come and go as a please, with a mass of surveillance at my disposal, and lightspeed transport always at hand.

I shall perhaps check the weather in Canada, then see how a graveyard in England is, before searching for a nice warm spot in the heart of Spain, and after deciding I don't like it, will hurriedly run off to a Japanese library.:)

The world, almost exactly as it is, only silent, empty and spacious.

It is a beautiful dream.

I think at first it'll feel like bliss, and then after a point rapidly descend into hell on earth.