Cognitive Processes | Page 22 | INFJ Forum

Cognitive Processes

INFP... my p and j are usually pretty close (3% difference) so I don't blame the quiz for misinterpreting that. :m080:

extraverted Sensing (Se) ********************* (21.3)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ******************* (19)
limited use

extraverted Intuiting (Ne)
**************************** (28.5)
average use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ****************************************** (42.6)
excellent use

extraverted Thinking (Te)
****************************** (30.2)
good use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************** (26.1)
average use

extraverted Feeling (Fe)
*************************** (27.4)
average use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ******************************************** (44.7)
excellent use

Last edited:
INFP... my p and j are usually pretty close (3% difference) so I don't blame the quiz for misinterpreting that. :m080:

You've got a really strong Fi score, which is the INFP dominant function, but this test tends to lead people to over rate their Fi due to the way the questions are worded.

Here are your scores in order of preference...

(Fi) ******************************************** (44.7)

(Ni) ****************************************** (42.6)
(Te) ****************************** (30.2)
(Ne) **************************** (28.5)

(Fe) *************************** (27.4)
(Ti) ************************** (26.1)
(Se) ********************* (21.3)
(Si) ******************* (19)

Your INFP functions don't match the INFP progression, but your INFJ functions do match the INFJ progression.

introverted Feeling (Fi) ****************************************** (42.9)
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ***************************************** (41.3)
introverted Sensing (Si) ********************************** (34.1)
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************************* (32)
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ******************************* (31.3)
extraverted Thinking (Te) ******************************* (31.1)
introverted Thinking (Ti) ********************* (21.8)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ***** (5.7)

This is also more of a match for the INFJ progression, especially considering the Fi bias on the test. However, if the difference between Si and Ne were slightly different, and Ne was stronger than Si, it would be a perfect INFP set.

Once again, it is not uncommon for INFJ's to get such spread, specially when we lean on our introverted function. To me that seems a pretty clear INFJ set, though INTJ is still a possibility. I see more INFJ in that spread.

I think I may have been thinking too much of my immediate family in answering the Fe questions though. When I think of people who are not in my close circle, I get different results:

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ************* (13)
unused
introverted Sensing (Si) ************* (13.9)
unused
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************************** (32.4)
good use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************************************** (46.4)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************************ (36.3)
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************************************* (43.3)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) *********************** (23)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ******************************** (32.1)
good use
Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INTJ

Cognitive ProcessLevel of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ********************* (21) limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ****************************** (30.1) good use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************************** (32.1) good use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************* (21) limited use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ****************************** (30.2) good use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************* (25.1) average use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) *************************************** (39.9) excellent use
introverted Feeling (Fi) **************************************** (40) excellent use

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ENFP
Lead (Dominant) Process
Extraverted Intuiting (Ne): Exploring the emerging patterns. Wondering about patterns of interaction across various situations. Checking what hypotheses and meanings fit best. Trusting what emerges as you shift a situation’s dynamics.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Introverted Feeling (Fi): Staying true to who you really are. Paying close attention to your personal identity, values and beliefs. Checking with your conscience. Choosing behavior congruent with what is important to you.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: INFP, or ESFJ

Well. This is unsettling.

Last edited:
Under skies, that looks like INFP results to me (although somewhat atypical).

I am starting to notice that this new site has a glitch or something with the algorithim that guesses the type.

Under skies, that looks like INFP results to me (although somewhat atypical).

I am starting to notice that this new site has a glitch or something with the algorithim that guesses the type.

It counts up all the extroverted functions to make the choice between extrovert or introvert.

It counts up all the extroverted functions to make the choice between extrovert or introvert.

Ah, that would make sense then. Not the most reliable methods if you ask me, but it works in some cases.

Introverted Intuition (Ni) ************************************************** (50.6)
Excellent use

Introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************** (38.3)
Excellent use

Extraverted Thinking (Te) ******************************* (31.1)
Good use

Extraverted Sensing (Se) ****************************** (30)
Good use

Introverted Thinking (Ti) **************************** (28.9)
Average use

Extraverted Feeling (Fe)
************************ (24.3)
Average use

Extraverted Intuition(Ne) *********************** (23.2)
Limited use

Introverted Sensing (Si) ************* (13.8)
Unused

Fi is still higher than Te. I know the test has a bias towards Fi, and since I'm an introvert, I might have a preference for my introverted function but...that's still weird! Obviously an INTJ result though. I tried to vary my answers more and I also had a few months just to pay attention to myself and such. I need to work on my Te, though.

introverted Feeling (Fi) ******************************************** (44.1)

introverted Intuiting (Ni) ***************************************** (41.9)

introverted Sensing (Si) ************************************* (37)

extraverted Feeling (Fe) **************************** (28)

extraverted Sensing (Se) *************************** (27.9)

extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************* (25.9)

extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************* (19.8)

introverted Thinking (Ti) ************** (14.6)

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ISFP - Nope
http://www.bestfittype.com/isfp.html
Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Feeling (Fi): Staying true to who you really are. Paying close attention to your personal identity, values and beliefs. Checking with your conscience. Choosing behavior congruent with what is important to you.

Extraverted Sensing (Se): Immersing in the present context. Responding naturally to everything tangible you detect through your senses. Checking with what your gut instincts say. Testing limits and take risks for big rewards.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ESFP, or INFJ

INFJ :D

Functions is this order:

Excellent use:
Ni
Fe
Ne
Fi

Good use:
Ti

Limited use:
Si
Te
Se

introverted Sensing (Si) ********************************************** (46.7)
excellent use
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************************** (38.4)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********************************** (34.6)
good use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************ (24.7)
average use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ********************* (21.1)
limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************** (20.1)
limited use
extraverted Sensing (Se) ************* (13.7)
unused

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ISTJ
If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ESTJ, or ISFJ

------------------

I redid it because I realized in hindsight the other day when I did it I was in a rather bad mindset, so it likely was not as accurate as it could have been. I'm actually kind if frusterated with myself that I ignored it, and took the test anyway. Oh well.

And yet I still get pretty much the same result, oy vey...

Anyone who has any ideas, insight, or thoughts on these results (cause it's becoming consistent), I would love to hear it.

Last edited:
introverted Sensing (Si) ********************************************** (46.7)
excellent use
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************************** (38.4)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********************************** (34.6)
good use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************ (24.7)
average use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ********************* (21.1)
limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************** (20.1)
limited use
extraverted Sensing (Se) ************* (13.7)
unused

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ISTJ
If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ESTJ, or ISFJ

------------------

I redid it because I realized in hindsight the other day when I did it I was in a rather bad mindset, so it likely was not as accurate as it could have been. I'm actually kind if frusterated with myself that I ignored it, and took the test anyway. Oh well.

Anyone who has any ideas, insight, or thoughts on these results (cause it's becoming consistent), I would love to hear it.

You are currently in a stage in your life which requires a severe amount of analytical thinking. After all, chemistry revolves around such and therefore your Te has developed. You are very focused right now on current preoccupations as life has been stressing you, and at times your facing reality more and more. You are becoming less idealistic. Your Si which has always been close to your Ni is at its peak. You have always underestimated the value of your Fe, and with all the stresses that have been occurring you are relying on your shadow processes. Remember chemistry requires a lot of intuition but it is also a very analytical and detailed science which has brought upon more analysis and less emphasis on emotional processes. I believe however this is not your natural self, and have somehow been forced to develop into this. ISTJ is simple one of the types you can alternate with, but I am certain your core self is INFJ. Observing your behavior patterns so far, I have noticed that you posses a great amount of Ni, which you sometimes doubt. Your Fe is also great, it is just that it is easily turned off by fake individuals. You are an introvert, you express your Fe in a special and different way an extrovert would. You are simply an INFJ with a very well developed ''thinking side''.

I believe this results mean that you are simply growing as a person and fitting in the ''IJ'' development just like many here are developing their ''NF'' traits. You are a different kind of INFJ, that's for sure.

I've been experiencing the same thing, and although I am no expert at typing, I am going to take a wild guess here.

I think it's because of our choices of career. I am in Engineering, and you are a chemistry major, I think. Right? They are both technical fields where we are required to use our logic and reason more than feelings and intuition. So our Se/Si and Te/Ti develop quite a bit, because they are needed for our everyday interaction.

We still have our I and J, because we still develop internally (or in an introverted fashion) and organize our toughts and come to our conclusions in the same way.

I am not sure how accurate what I jsut said was, but that's what I think it is.

The functions say one thing, but I don't get the standard ISTJ feel from you. ISTJs often bore me to tears with their quest for being normal and you don't.

I have to say you are an interesting case. :)

Cognitive ProcessLevel of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ********************* (21) limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ****************************** (30.1) good use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************************** (32.1) good use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************* (21) limited use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ****************************** (30.2) good use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************* (25.1) average use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) *************************************** (39.9) excellent use
introverted Feeling (Fi) **************************************** (40) excellent use

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ENFP
Lead (Dominant) Process
Extraverted Intuiting (Ne): Exploring the emerging patterns. Wondering about patterns of interaction across various situations. Checking what hypotheses and meanings fit best. Trusting what emerges as you shift a situation​

Well. This is unsettling.

These are classic INFP results. The way the computer tabulates sometimes messes this up, as it adds up your overall I and E scores. Here are your results in order of score.

introverted Feeling (Fi) **************************************** (40)
extraverted Feeling (Fe) *************************************** (39.9)
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************************** (32.1)
extraverted Thinking (Te) ****************************** (30.2)
introverted Sensing (Si) ****************************** (30.1)
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************* (25.1)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ********************* (21)
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************* (21)

You have a strong Fe score which is likely due to your Fi associating with Fe descriptions (very common for INFPs). Your Te and Si are so close, it's obvious that you're an INFP. Fi > Ne > Si > Te.

Reactions: under skies
extraverted Sensing (Se) ********************* (21.8)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ************* (13.7)
unused
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************************************** (44.2)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ******************************************* (43.4)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************** (26.9)
average use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************* (25.9)
average use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************************ (36.2)
excellent use
introverted Feeling (Fi) **************************** (28.1)
average use

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ENFJ

Lead (Dominant) Process
Extraverted Feeling (Fe): Building trust through giving relationships. Empathically responding to others' needs and take on their needs and values as your own. Checking for respect and trust. Giving and receiving support to grow closer to people.

Introverted Intuiting (Ni): Transforming with a meta-perspective. Withdrawing from the world and focusing your mind to receive an insight or realization. Checking if synergy results. Trying out a realization to transform things.

I don't know how it got ENFJ out of this.

I actually have taken this test before and got different results. My F functions and N functions were nearly equal, Fe and Ne were the strongest, and I'm pretty sure my Ti was high and my Te was unused. I think that my situation really makes it so I can't structure my world at all, so I intuit it. I look at patterns and complexities (Ne) and use them to make sudden realizations and extract insight (Ni). I think I always check with my external world nowadays before making a feeling or thinking judgment, but this kind of takes a backburner to just perceiving intuitively. My sensing functions have never been strong, of this I am sure.

EDIT: Thinking back on the test, I think they have crappy questions for Ni. They always make it sound like some mystical, all knowing function. But I see it more as big picture thinking or system building, which is more like Ne (patterns translate into systems, differentiating Ni from the structural system building of Te) on the test. Just a thought.

Last edited:
These are classic INFP results. The way the computer tabulates sometimes messes this up, as it adds up your overall I and E scores. Here are your results in order of score.

You have a strong Fe score which is likely due to your Fi associating with Fe descriptions (very common for INFPs). Your Te and Si are so close, it's obvious that you're an INFP. Fi > Ne > Si > Te.

does the Fe confused with Fi work vice versa at all or not?

I actually have taken this test before and got different results. My F functions and N functions were nearly equal, Fe and Ne were the strongest, and I'm pretty sure my Ti was high and my Te was unused. I think that my situation really makes it so I can't structure my world at all, so I intuit it. I look at patterns and complexities (Ne) and use them to make sudden realizations and extract insight (Ni). I think I always check with my external world nowadays before making a feeling or thinking judgment, but this kind of takes a backburner to just perceiving intuitively. My sensing functions have never been strong, of this I am sure.

EDIT: Thinking back on the test, I think they have crappy questions for Ni. They always make it sound like some mystical, all knowing function. But I see it more as big picture thinking or system building, which is more like Ne (patterns translate into systems, differentiating Ni from the structural system building of Te) on the test. Just a thought.

It's very possible you are an ENFP by these results. I reccomend looking into it if you have not done so already.