Coca cola & others boycott Facebook | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Coca cola & others boycott Facebook

I don't think this is it. This is what they're saying it is; political. But again... Facebook doesn't actually care about free speech and Corporations that are boycotting Facebook actually don't give a shit about politics, that donate to both parties, whoever wins they lobby, they don't care who.

The only incentive corporations have to do anything is the profit motive. Everything like donating money to charities and woke commercials are all brand imaging moves to boost the value of their reputation.

So with Facebook's reputation already have been damaged recently with the public hearings about security, this is a hard blow to Facebook's image. For other companies to essentially launch a PR campaign against Facebook demanding policy changes in the company,

Imagine if companies stopped doing all business with Toyota because they wanted Toyota to extend the length of it's warranty coverage on all of its cars sold.

Pretty weird behavior from companies.

Part of it is not wanting to get burned and just wanting to be able to keep what they have unlike what happened to Gillette and Nike where they lost big while in truth the only things they ever gave a damn about was stock prices and share holders.

Part of it is not wanting to get burned and just wanting to be able to keep what they have unlike what happened to Gillette and Nike where they lost big while in truth the only things they ever gave a damn about was stock prices and share holders.
Wait what happened to Gillette and Nike

I don't watch news besides the stuff blasting 24/7 in the background while I work from home and my dad watches it. Try to tune it out. I'd rather live in my life than care about news.

I don't disagree with that, just thought that people were aware of that mess especially after all the toxic commercials though personally I don't watch TV at all preferring to stream online. How anyone can watch TV with commercials is beyond me.

Reactions: slant and b7$sl1JC0
I need more information I don't know what you're talking about.

The video explains it. It's pretty straight forward really. Companies are losing money from somewhere (one side or the other) if they take or even insinuate a political/identitarian stance.
People have become so radically polarized that they don't even understand how to human anymore.
So, since companies have to market to humans, and humans don't know how to human anymore, they gotta close up shop and re-calibrate.
Facebook is still trying to live in the old west of the internet.
It's about power, as always. Those in power must stay in power, and to do so they gotta profit and control in this new landscape.

Reactions: slant and b7$sl1JC0
I don't watch TV either since years, but where I am, in the middle of Europe and hearing news in 3 different languages, it amaze me.
All news are the same and yet different, cuttied out and changed according the country's population needs or better weaknesses, its funny how they play and unfortunately we will never find out the truth about whats happening with all these corporations, i kind of think that we get what they actually want.
All the globe became a net and yet nowadays we starve for right informations

Reactions: slant and Wyote
I personally see it as largely backing the popular opinion of the fan base but also beneficial to take down the independent, non official avenues of communication. These are hard to control and the influences change rapidly. Easier to market and communicate when there are approved channels.
Exactly.

I think the move to ban Facebook is futile. It has a global reach and it has allowed its users to pay for advertising. There are millions of MSMEs relying on Facebook for marketing. The fact that the basic user can opt to pay for facebook will keep it afloat. They forget facebook wasn't always monetizing ads.

The corporations are also underestimating the necessity of these platforms. Television is not as effective and they can't put an ad on paid service. Their best visionary option is to amp up the quality of their products. It's time for the green industries to shine. The manner of manipulating the market has simply changed. People are psychologically hooked to notification bells. Many are clamoring to be social media influencers because these days that's where both the money and fame is at. The best bet for corporations is to navigate that system.

The facebook privacy scam was something but I doubt it will stop because of it. The humble facebook user is not hooked on facebook because of privacy, they want it because of the public acknowledgement they claim.

I am not a fan of facebook but honestly the psychological levels of maneuvering they have over the users are brilliant. That much power won't go away unless they voluntarily shut it down. They're powerful because people go to them and they've globally sowed their seeds. Even if facebook died in America, it would re emerge elsewhere. Except China. Apparently.

I highly doubt companies want to stop their commercial relationship with social media; that's where Facebook and Google get data for their machine learning to enhance their AI algorithms. It's probably just google trying to take down Facebook. They are the two main companies competing against each other with their deep learning programs.

https://fortune.com/2019/05/07/facebook-google-pytorch-tensorflow/

At the core of their fight is the underlying software for creating neural networks, the software that learns on its own to recognize patterns within data. Although neural networks have been around for decades, it wasn’t until recently that researchers discovered that the technology could be useful for helping computers with tasks like automatically translating languages and recognizing people and objects in photos.

Currently, there’s no easy way for companies to create neural networks, like there is for developing more conventional software. But, in recent years, several big companies have introduced so-called developer “frameworks” that are a first stab at helping coders build neural networks and at making the technology more practical to use widely in apps.

In 2015, Google debuted TensorFlow, the leading toolkit for building neural networks, according to researchers who track the software. TensorFlow’s popularity has so far eclipsed rival toolkits from the likes of Amazon and Microsoft.

Until now, that is.

Last week’s annual Facebook developer conference highlighted several updates to PyTorch, Facebook’s neural network construction kit that succeeded an older and less sophisticated version. PyTorch has emerged as one of the fastest growing free open source technologies, according to some surveys, and is used by a handful of big companies like Genentech, Toyota, and Airbnb
guess which companies aren't boycotting?

Toyota....air bnb.

The plot thickens. Is there any reason why these other companies would side with Google over Facebook when from the looks of the political donations they don't seem to mind who wins provided they're tight with the winner?

Reactions: Wyote and slant
Facebook buys start-up in latest push to take on Apple and Google at street-level mapping
PUBLISHED FRI, JUN 19 2020 6:53 AM EDT

Facebook’s MARGE AI summarizes and translates documents without fine-tuning
KYLE WIGGERS@KYLE_L_WIGGERS JUNE 30, 2020 12:50 PM

Lots of developments lately

The plot thickens. Is there any reason why these other companies would side with Google over Facebook when from the looks of the political donations they don't seem to mind who wins provided they're tight with the winner?
Good question. Looks like coke has a working relationship with Google:

Coca-Cola Looks to Google to Boost Retail Sales
A new flavor for digital signage.

• BY
  • BARB DARROW
March 15, 2017 11:04 AM EDT

Beverage giant Coca-Cola is using several Google technologies to power a digital signage system that it says is less expensive than existing systems while laying the groundwork for a better connection between Coke and its customers.

Digital signs pair software with high-resolution displays so that a message can be changed instantly based on what the operator wants to communicate or sell. Digital signage often appears at bus stops and in building lobbies. Some restaurants use these changeable signs to publicize specials.

Honda, Google in talks for self-driving vehicle partnership
Honda said it had entered into formal talks with Alphabet Inc's new self-driving division Waymo to add self-driving technology to its vehicles, marking the second potential customer for the automation software.
Dec 22, 2016, 08.01 AM IST

Many of these companies seem to have strong ties to Google

Many of these companies seem to have strong ties to Google

Exactly!
The car industry to be able to operate properly and with safety self-driving technology needs Google maps. They would need billions to develop their own map software.
Tesla also is highly dependent on Google and Apple

Facebook is the most intrusive weapon out there. It looks past privacy rights like they mean nothing. They dug up an old business associate from India from ten years past after just six months from me, so I quit using them. They have too much information about too many things, all rightly taken from people that allow it so they can use it. It is not social media: it is social spying.