CNN, tabloid fake news. | Page 19 | INFJ Forum

CNN, tabloid fake news.

CNN - GE is cutting 12,000. Jobs!!!! Oh my god the economy is tanking!!! Run for the hills!!!! Trump has destroyed us!!! DID YOU SEE !? 12,000 JOBS!
Never mind the Dow is sky rocketing under Trump or that in the grand scheme 12,000 is miniscule. Never mind it's because of poor buisness practice on GE part.
But nope, CNN wants you to believe it's a huge number and that Trumps responsible.

CNN, bringing more blindness to the world.

Trump is a businessman, he's not interested in good or bad, he's interested in his money. Do you know what that means? It means as long as it helps the economy, he's a good guy, and will do what he has to. other than that, not a fuckin chance

Reactions: Wyote
Trump is a businessman, he's not interested in good or bad, he's interested in his money. Do you know what that means? It means as long as it helps the economy, he's a good guy, and will do what he has to. other than that, not a fuckin chance
You don't know that. That is an assumption you are overlaying on him. You might be correct but holding the same standards I could say Trump is a space alien sent by his people to turn humanity into gelatin.

It actually isn't an assumption. do your homework on the people you say you support
I'm not going back and forth with you. My statement is correct.

CNN - GE is cutting 12,000. Jobs!!!! Oh my god the economy is tanking!!! Run for the hills!!!! Trump has destroyed us!!! DID YOU SEE !? 12,000 JOBS!
Never mind the Dow is sky rocketing under Trump or that in the grand scheme 12,000 is miniscule. Never mind it's because of poor buisness practice on GE part.
But nope, CNN wants you to believe it's a huge number and that Trumps responsible.

CNN, bringing more blindness to the world.

I'm guessing the 12,000 people out of a job this morning don't share your appraisal of the situation. Not saying it's Trump's fault or isn't, but dismissing a massive layoff of well-paying US industrial jobs is callous at best. The majority of those people simply will not find a job equivalent to the one they just lost.

As with every move in this vein, it is a cost-cutting measure by GE. It's not that they aren't making money. It's that they aren't making ENOUGH money. Stockholders flipped their shit when GE cut their dividend in half and demanded blood. This morning, they've got it.

Investors win, workers lose. Stock price goes up so it's a "win" for the economy. Right.

Reactions: Wyote and Skarekrow
I'm guessing the 12,000 people out of a job this morning don't share your appraisal of the situation. Not saying it's Trump's fault or isn't, but dismissing a massive layoff of well-paying US industrial jobs is callous at best. The majority of those people simply will not find a job equivalent to the one they just lost.

As with every move in this vein, it is a cost-cutting measure by GE. It's not that they aren't making money. It's that they aren't making ENOUGH money. Stockholders flipped their shit when GE cut their dividend in half and demanded blood. This morning, they've got it.

Investors win, workers lose. Stock price goes up so it's a "win" for the economy. Right.
Losing your job to layoffs suck. It's happened to me. There are many sides to that particular story I am sure. The one I chose to highlight is the story where CNN having lost its fricken mind long ago, continues to release it's bowels into the world on unsuspecting people.

Reactions: infinite dreams
Losing your job to layoffs suck. It's happened to me. There are many sides to that particular story I am sure. The one I chose to highlight is the story where CNN having lost its fricken mind long ago, continues to release it's bowels into the world on unsuspecting people.

I get that this thread is about CNN and your perception of its agenda. Obviously it's a good idea to be aware of biases in news sources and filter your interpretation of the information as such. But CNN isn't the only outlet reporting on this story in a similar fashion. Point blank - this move was driven by the new CEO to boost investment in the stock and juice the price. You'll find that when looking at public companies in particular, the vast majority of important actions they take serve this same purpose. I caution you not to fool yourself into thinking that a strong stock market = a strong economy. It simply means that fund managers and other high dollar investors foresee positive performance in the near-to-medium term. It speaks not at all to the average person just trying to get by every month.

I get that this thread is about CNN and your perception of its agenda. Obviously it's a good idea to be aware of biases in news sources and filter your interpretation of the information as such. But CNN isn't the only outlet reporting on this story in a similar fashion. Point blank - this move was driven by the new CEO to boost investment in the stock and juice the price. You'll find that when looking at public companies in particular, the vast majority of important actions they take serve this same purpose. I caution you not to fool yourself into thinking that a strong stock market = a strong economy. It simply means that fund managers and other high dollar investors foresee positive performance in the near-to-medium term. It speaks not at all to the average person just trying to get by every month.
That was a well thought out response. Thank you.
My assessment, the reason I posted (CNN trying desperately to damage Trump and his Presidency at all costs) remains accurate. GEs decision in this regard has nothing at all to do with anything Trump has done.

Fair enough, and I agree, but saying that Trump can't do wrong is where your argument went off the rails.
I never once said that. Not Here, not anywhere.

then do your homework
I did not realize I was in class. Ever heard of the double slit experiment and how it relates to quantum entanglement?