CNN, tabloid fake news. | Page 15 | INFJ Forum

CNN, tabloid fake news.

NFL national anthem flap sees Steelers coach Mike Tomlin rap Alejandro Villanueva - CNN

Just unbelievable. You live in America and enjoy a good salary and good opportunities because of it. If you can't stand America to point you won't stand for the Anthem go to any other county of your choice. What's That? You don't want to? You like America better even with all it's faults? Then stand and pay respect to the country that's provided you with so much. Trumps absolutely right.

I don't like the Anthem because of the references to a god in it. I still stand and pay respect.

Sickening actions by crybabies. Leave, just leave.

Some would say that even if he is right he is wrong
Untitled.jpg
nfl us 18 code 227

And it IS a racial thing.
It was first started as part of the “Black lives matter” protests, not to mention that 80% of the NFL is black, with all white owners save one.
They all support their players.
They all support their first amendment rights.
And conservatives and supposed “libertarians” say they support the first amendment and their right to protest...just so long as it’s them.
Black people can’t, “Antifa” can’t, nobody is allowed to protest unless they are white and on the right.
Tell me HOW they are supposed to protest?
What would be an acceptable way?
Because seriously...taking a knee during the National Anthem is not a dangerous, nor is it disrespectful of the flag or those who fought for what it’s supposed to stand for - would you rather they burn it in the end zone?
Really....give me an acceptable way to protest the injustice that the US inflicts upon those who are not white.
What should they do?

And let me see...according to Trump, these guys are “SOB’s”, but the Nazis are made up of "very fine people”.
Yep...not a racist asshole at all.

76e987d7-c250-4cf5-aa02-7228a7ebab58.jpg

nflreax24f-3-web.jpg

Reactions: acd
Some would say that even if he is right he is wrong
View attachment 37471
nfl us 18 code 227
That's very interesting. Another law I was unfamiliar with probably because I've never had to worry about it. I suspect Trump and many others in the political realm are unfamiliar with it as well.

However I think the key wording here that safe guards Trump from being influance by it is "solely on the basis of partisan political affiliation'. Trumps comments clearly are not that.

That's very interesting. Another law I was unfamiliar with probably because I've never had to worry about it. I suspect Trump and many others in the political realm are unfamiliar with it as well.

However I think the key wording here that safe guards Trump from being influance by it is "solely on the basis of partisan political affiliation'. Trumps comments clearly are not that.
He brought it up at a political rally to cheers from his supporters, the video is extremely political
And on the 14th of sept his press secretary was accused of violating the very same statuteUntitled.jpg

He brought it up at a political rally to cheers from his supporters, the video is extremely political
And on the 14th of sept his press secretary was accused of violating the very same statuteView attachment 37473
Yeah ok. There simply never any reasoning with you. The left will try to say this had something.to do with political affilation in clear hopes of effecting a President that doesn't have their own political affilation.
My saying that you can't possible see this as political won't have any sway with you in light of this. No use for me to argue or continue this conversation.

@Eventhorizon I don't like seeing political protests at sports, but I think this is maybe symptomatic of a problem. Sport brings very different people together, that's why I feel that way.

I think instead of arguing, finding a practical way of improving things, is what makes sense. Racial tensions exist everywhere, if it was me, I'd invite the protesters to talk. That's where King George went wrong. He just never understood the NFL.

Reactions: Skarekrow and Stu
I think Trump is doing a great job of uniting people against his despotic tendencies. Probably a lot of people out there who aren't paying attention to politics, but who do pay attention to sports. He's made it political. Kaep ain't even playing this year, anyway! But Trump has made a non-issue an issue because he doesn't know how to effectively govern and get anything done; he just creates spectacles. Meanwhile, N.Korea says US has declared war against them because Trump is Tweeting nonsense. (He needs a handler; an adult to slap his phone out of his hands whenever he gets the urge to Tweet before he gets us nuked.)

You know I've never met a vet who had a problem with citizens exercising their freedom of speech. It's always the lazy cowards who don't have the guts to sign up and serve who want to make patriotism compulsory. They don't seem to understand that our national symbols and songs are meaningless without the right to speak out and protest injustice.

No one is shitting all over America or servicemen and women. It started with Kaepernick protesting police brutality against minorities (A huge problem in the US). He took a knee, which is a sign of respect; and a nod to MLK peaceful protests. The flag is not the symbol of our military; it's a symbol of all Americans, even those in protest.

In 2009, the DoD started to pay the NFL to have players stand for the national anthem. Our taxes hard at work issuing nationalist propaganda (a marketing ploy to recruit servicemen and women.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Skarekrow and Stu
That's where King George went wrong. He just never understood the NFL.
O/T
There's a BBC documentary about King George (the genius of the mad king) which I thought was quite fascinating. Seems the guy wasn't a total nincompoop, unlike his eldest son of course.

On topic: Nazi's are bad, mkaaaaaay. Don't be a Nazi.

Reactions: James
O/T
There's a BBC documentary about King George (the genius of the mad king) which I thought was quite fascinating. Seems the guy wasn't a total nincompoop, unlike his eldest son of course.

On topic: Nazi's are bad, mkaaaaaay. Don't be a Nazi.
Wat
Are you a Nazi?

@Eventhorizon I don't like seeing political protests at sports, but I think this is maybe symptomatic of a problem. Sport brings very different people together, that's why I feel that way.

I think instead of arguing, finding a practical way of improving things, is what makes sense. Racial tensions exist everywhere, if it was me, I'd invite the protesters to talk. That's where King George went wrong. He just never understood the NFL.
Ok. But the protests have nothing to do with racial tensions or if they do...its the wrong way to protest. Not respecting the flag or anthem is not respecting the country that has given them the opportunity to be successful. They are saying they don't want to be American? Fine I understand some people feel that way. But it's so simple to renounce their citizenship and leave.
I for one will am tired of the stance the NFL has taken. The players should be fined. If that doesn't work just fire them so they can find a job in another country flipping burger. At least they'll be happy.

Ok. But the protests have nothing to do with racial tensions or if they do...its the wrong way to protest. Not respecting the flag or anthem is not respecting the country that has given them the opportunity to be successful. They are saying they don't want to be American? Fine I understand some people feel that way. But it's so simple to renounce their citizenship and leave.
I for one will am tired of the stance the NFL has taken. The players should be fined. If that doesn't work just fire them so they can find a job in another country flipping burger. At least they'll be happy.
What if you look at it this way-- people who protest things do so because they want to solve a problem, not because they hate their country. Also, why is the NFL intertwined with patriotism? Why should it be? If you read my post above, this is a recent thing starting with your favorite person's administration in 2009.

Reactions: Skarekrow