CNN, tabloid fake news. | Page 16 | INFJ Forum

CNN, tabloid fake news.

What if you look at it this way-- people who protest things do so because they want to solve a problem, not because they hate their country. Also, why is the NFL intertwined with patriotism? Why should it be? If you read my post above, this is a recent thing starting with your favorite person's administration in 2009.
My favorite person....
It's intertwined with the NFL because the players chose to make it so. They chose to kneel during the Anthem so that they could become special.

However, this is America and players ...everyone has the right to protest lawfully. Just as the NFL has the right to fire them...lawfully.

My favorite person....
It's intertwined with the NFL because the players chose to make it so. They chose to kneel during the Anthem so that they could become special.

However, this is America and players ...everyone has the right to protest lawfully. Just as the NFL has the right to fire them...lawfully.
And like I said above, Kaepernick is not playing this year as a result of his protest last year. No one wanted to sign him. Why is Trump making it an issue?

Reactions: Skarekrow
And like I said above, Kaepernick is not playing this year as a result of his protest last year. No one wanted to sign him. Why is Trump making it an issue?
Perhaps hes sick of seeing successful people derespecing the country that gave them the opportunity to be sucessful.

Perhaps hes sick of seeing successful people derespecing the country that gave them the opportunity to be sucessful.
Protest is not disrespectful. But I think you've made up your mind to be a zealous patriot. This isn't about hating America. It's about people who see problems and want to enact change to make things better. Do you think people who protested in the Civil Rights era hated America?

Besides, the NFL has been paid to make them stand out there for the anthem.

Last edited:
Protest is not disrespectful. But I think you've made up your mind to be a zealous patriot. This isn't about hating America. It's about people who see problems and want to enact change to make things better. Do you think people who protested in the Civil Rights era hated America?

Besides, the NFL has been paid to make them stand out there for the anthem.
Please stop trying to turn this around on me. They started protesting the flag and anthem. It's that simple. The very symbols that allow people to protest peacefully. In a sense they are protesting their right to protest.

Please stop trying to turn this around on me. They started protesting the flag and anthem. It's that simple. The very symbols that allow people to protest peacefully. In a sense they are protesting their right to protest.
No one is protesting the flag and anthem. Symbols don't allow anyone to do anything. How are they protesting their right to protest? Please explain that one.

No one is protesting the flag and anthem. Symbols don't allow anyone to do anything. How are they protesting their right to protest? Please explain that one.
Absolutely they are. And now I see the disconnect.

Ok. But the protests have nothing to do with racial tensions or if they do...its the wrong way to protest. Not respecting the flag or anthem is not respecting the country that has given them the opportunity to be successful. They are saying they don't want to be American? Fine I understand some people feel that way. But it's so simple to renounce their citizenship and leave.
I for one will am tired of the stance the NFL has taken. The players should be fined. If that doesn't work just fire them so they can find a job in another country flipping burger. At least they'll be happy.

I don't want to argue either way, I think the issues are complex. But simply put, do people want to see political protests at sport? Personally I don't.

If the nfl players are given an opportunity to raise their issues away from the arena? Then they can do so, or not. I don't think firing players or escalating it will help.

Imho top sport players globally, are hugely over paid, which ironically is often destructive for them. I do think though, America has been successful in large part on its instinct for freedom, and allowing protest.

I guess in NK people kneel because they have no choice. In terms of protest, kneeling is very low risk, non violent. If I meet the Queen, I'm meant to kneel or bow. Never gonna happen. I've blocked her texts, lol. ;)

Reactions: Milktoast Bandit
I don't want to argue either way, I think the issues are complex. But simply put, do people want to see political protests at sport? Personally I don't.

If the nfl players are given an opportunity to raise their issues away from the arena? Then they can do so, or not. I don't think firing players or escalating it will help.

Imho top sport players globally, are hugely over paid, which ironically is often destructive for them. I do think though, America has been successful in large part on its instinct for freedom, and allowing protest.

I guess in NK people kneel because they have no choice. In terms of protest, kneeling is very low risk, non violent. If I meet the Queen, I'm meant to kneel or bow. Never gonna happen. I've blocked her texts, lol. ;)
You don't want to argue either way. So what is this comment?

Look there wouldn't be any issue if all they did was wear a band or a sticker on their helmet or had a press conference that no one would ultimately remember. Nope what theyve chosen to do is kneel during the Anthem to showing disrespect and hate of the country that's provided them so much. All I'm saying is ok, Yep you have a right to protest just like people have the right to fire you and not hire you. Very simple.

I don't see the problem with them kneeling. I do see a problem with people making a fuss about posture. This whole "stand up or leave the country" thing seems a bit extreme to me.
If I hated some place and had the ability to leave I would. I wouldn't protest the very thing that allowed me to do it.

You don't want to argue either way. So what is this comment?

But simply put, do people want to see political protests at sport? Personally I don't.

What the NFL players or owners do is up to them, I guess it will eventually work itself out. I refuse to kneel to anyone EH, but I have a bad back. It's not political.

Quietly kneeling doesn't say "hate" to me. Their message is still respectful. They could be spitting and grabbing their dicks instead.
Fair enough.

I don't know how to explain it better. In the end it's only my opinion but I would be more than fine if they get fired
What the NFL players or owners do is up to them, I guess it will eventually work itself out. I refuse to kneel to anyone EH, but I have a bad back. It's not political.
I just do not think these people understand what they have. So many people protesting America have never been outside of its borders. Look at the rest of the world and then tell me you don't feel lucky. Thats even true of the UK. I see them as disrespectful spoiled babies.

Last edited:
Reactions: James
Ok. But the protests have nothing to do with racial tensions or if they do...its the wrong way to protest. Not respecting the flag or anthem is not respecting the country that has given them the opportunity to be successful. They are saying they don't want to be American? Fine I understand some people feel that way. But it's so simple to renounce their citizenship and leave.
I for one will am tired of the stance the NFL has taken. The players should be fined. If that doesn't work just fire them so they can find a job in another country flipping burger. At least they'll be happy.

How are they supposed to protest right (as in correctly)?
Do tell?
They were made to stand on the field like has been stated and originally it was one person taking a knee to show solidarity for the Black lives matter movement.

So what is the proper and correct way for someone to protest that is copacetic in your eyes?
Every time someone flies a Confederate flag they are disrespecting the US flag - so don't give me that BS that you are so concerned about people respecting the flag.
The players should not be fined - Trump should shut the F*** up.

Really...I want to know....because people can’t march peacefully...then they’re called “thugs”.
In what way can african americans protest the blatant mistreatment and brutality by police and our criminal justice system.
Statistics don’t lie - and they are not on your side in this regard.

Should they all make puffy-paint shirts and sell baked goods in the parking lot to raise money against racism in the American Justice System?
What’s the right way to protest that wouldn’t chaff your ass?

Do you have a solution other than - stifle them?

Reactions: Milktoast Bandit
Fair enough.

I don't know how to explain it better. In the end it's only my opinion but I would be more than fine if they get fired

I just do not think these people understand what they have. So many people protesting America have never been outside of its borders. Look at the rest of the world and then tell me you don't feel lucky. Thats even true of the UK. I see them a disrespectful spoiled babies.

I get it EH. Millionaire sports stars are not making the same protest Rosa Parks made. Yes even in Britain younger people don't know, though usually many do travel abroad. But it's on holiday, sun tan and fiesta.

I think the issues are complex, but imho people go to sports to forget their troubles.. Not argue.

I get it EH. Millionaire sports stars are not making the same protest Rosa Parks made. Yes even in Britain younger people don't know, though usually many do travel abroad. But it's on holiday, sun tan and fiesta.

I think the issues are complex, but imho people go to sports to forget their troubles.. Not argue.
Yup.

Reactions: James