Chronicles of Narnia Mafia Game Thread | Page 22 | INFJ Forum

Chronicles of Narnia Mafia Game Thread

I really don't like the idea of giving up, but being honest, having known you for so long I don't care at all for how you're being talked about, civvie or mafia. Gamewise it's one thing but personal is just unnecessary.

- DisgruntledPorcupine will be replacing OliviaPope -

[MENTION=13661]golden[/MENTION] it's been such a messy game and we've all royally screwed up when lynching people. I've seen a change in splints in the last few days -- she seems more aware and clued in. And the fish slap thing was pulling at straws, imo. No member, good or bad would want to be like "Oh hey, look! See that really obscure fishslap smiley? The one everyone is confused about? That's me! He's pointing the finger at me!" That's just silly :)

You've been caught in some lies in the last day or so. That's why I voted for you. I always thought maybe Art had something on you. I don't understand all these lengthy emotional posts though, I think all of this is confusing me. I like to keep things neutral, its less uncomftorable.

Ah thanks Heiots :) btw how much time do we have left?

and since the votes are split between Golden and Artfirst, they probably aren't on the same side, like Jacobi wondered about before.

Yeah, I didn't really believe that. So many civies have been killed off so stupidly that it makes you see conspiracies everywhere.

I'm not sure. Both artfirst and golden seem pretty guilty And they're both so sure the other is mafia. The biggest red flag is golden's reason for voting for drummergirl. Either it was a mafia hit or it was a really bad move which caused the loss of another good guy. Golden's been playing this game for a while. I would think he'd know better than to make such a rookie play.

Also if we believe that artfirst is mafia, then we have to also believe that splints is aswell. And honestly something in my gut is telling me otherwise. Though it's been wrong more than once in this game.

That is exactly why I said I was being framed. MetalMarsh dying meant that I was the obvious person to lynch. All the DG votes coming in also pointed at me. Everything was designed to point at me.

My only comment about Katniss doing that is - I hope it's because she is on Art and splints team. I don't know how anyone could genuinely think splints has her head screwed on straight, the number of things I've pointed out which do not make sense for someone that does.

For instance, her saying she thought at the time my vote for DG was me 'throwing a teammate under the bus'... this is just her trying to justify the difference between her stated thought processes and her actual vote, but what possible reason would anyone genuinely have to think, in that moment, that I would throw a teammate under the bus? When I (if bad) would have been a single civilian lynch away from probably winning the game...

There is also how hard Art has been speaking on behalf. "We are emotional people". For me, just further clear evidence that splints has gone back into the chat and been talking about how I've been incorrectly ascribing certain things to her game that aren't there, to me it looks like thats what she has done and Art has sort of taken it personally. He has taken it upon himself to speak for her as well, when if he was civilian he would not know she was civilian. See this post, for example:

TB - I hope that, if Katniss is bad, that means you aren't - rather than it meaning one of you is Edmund. And if one of you is Edmund, I hope that means Jacobi will listen to me. Whatever the case, I believe I have three allies, and four enemies, and this is on a knife edge, and I just really desperately hope that I'm right and ArtFirst is bad.

I've done all I can in this game to present the evidence of me being good. If I was bad, it would have been much easier for me to just sit back, instead of the approach I have taken. I hope you continue to play, TB, because you are great at this game, but whether you are good or bad today, whether I am lynched or not, one thing you should take away from this game is - baddies don't play the way I have played. I've been under the grill since day one, and you just don't want that kind of attention if you are bad. I could have been lynched on day one, day two, day four... and I've made all my views very clear, which if I was lynched and came back bad would immediately make it clear to everyone who my teammates were not. If someone who is mafia plays like me, they bring down their team.

Anyway, do what you will. I hope, if you are civ, you've really listened to me, like really listened.

*ponders* I don't know what to think, really. I agree that I wouldn't expect a baddie to be as vocal as you have, but then again since you're so close to being lynched and have been all game, it wouldn't make sense to stay silent either. If I was mafia and eyes were on me, I'd want to explain myself too. And it conveniently takes the spotlight off the other possible baddies.

Maybe you are right that Artfirst is talking on behalf of flints. I don't want to believe Art is guilty because I like him, he seems sincere to me. But Oliviapope was right, some unnecessary things have been said about you.. it's only a game, right? But Artfirst was making it personal, like an attack on you, and if he's mafia and felt like you were lying about his teammate flints, then that would make sense in a way. I know for me it's easier to defend someone else than just myself. But I don't really have any other evidence against Artfirst, so it's really hard to believe he's guilty just for that.

Ugh I don't want to be responsible for another civilian death, or bringing the game to an end if it comes to that. The main thing I have against you right now is the hug/nod smilie after I asked if drummergirl was silencing you, and the fact that you voted drummergirl knowing she was civilian. You say it was a tactical mistake and you only did it to find if flints was guilty, but I just don't buy it, we're so low on civilians as it is, if you were civvie you must have realized how bad another civilian death would be for us.
I'm giving it another 1/2 hr or so before I vote, gonna be busy later on so won't have time.

and welcome back to the land of the living [MENTION=13630]DisgruntledPorcupine[/MENTION] :)

Yeah, I didn't really believe that. So many civies have been killed off so stupidly that it makes you see conspiracies everywhere.

I'm not sure. Both artfirst and golden seem pretty guilty And they're both so sure the other is mafia. The biggest red flag is golden's reason for voting for drummergirl. Either it was a mafia hit or it was a really bad move which caused the loss of another good guy. Golden's been playing this game for a while. I would think he'd know better than to make such a rookie play.

Also if we believe that artfirst is mafia, then we have to also believe that splints is aswell. And honestly something in my gut is telling me otherwise. Though it's been wrong more than once in this game.

I was thinking the same thing.

what in your gut is telling you otherwise?

It was a rookie play. In my defence, I'm used to playing in games that start off at 30 people, I'm used to being able to pull a play like that early on in the game and it's not having such a massive effect. I didn't think it through, and see what a massive effect it could have. It snowballed very easily, in games I'm used to no-one is going to follow the guy posting in smilies. I really wanted to use a picture of Katniss, of Olivia Pope etc but I couldn't... the day just didn't pan out at all like it seemed in my head.

But here is one more think TB...

Don't be worried about 'causing one more civilian death'. If I die today, I can see I've brought it on myself.

Your number one priority should be to win. If you are civ, then I know you lose my voting me out. I don't know you keep our civilian game alive by voting Art out, but I feel pretty confident in it.

I genuinely believe his emotional outbursts were because he felt defensive of what I was saying about his teammate, which is why I don't understand why Jacobi's gut is saying they aren't linked...

(I also want Art to know, like, he apologised in the thread and he understood he crossed the line, and from my perspective apology accepted. So lets not make him feel too terrible about it. Sometimes these things can happen to us and I'm sure Art didn't mean it to get personal. It doesn't mean I think he is civilian, though.)

What I mean by that second line is... you won't have caused my death if you vote for me. The baddies have set me up, and I've willingly walked into the trap.

It was a rookie play. In my defence, I'm used to playing in games that start off at 30 people, I'm used to being able to pull a play like that early on in the game and it's not having such a massive effect. I didn't think it through, and see what a massive effect it could have. It snowballed very easily, in games I'm used to no-one is going to follow the guy posting in smilies. I really wanted to use a picture of Katniss, of Olivia Pope etc but I couldn't... the day just didn't pan out at all like it seemed in my head.

You were clearly targeting people with your smiley posts though. They read so very clearly and you got your points accross perfectly. What would have been the point of adding almost all of the players into the posts? Would there have even been a purpose? It sounds like excuses to me. It would have just got too confusing and made no sense. Also, if you had wanted to, it would have been relatively easy. I'm pretty sure an icon of a cat and a pope or some religious figure would have got the message accross.

I really hope Im not wrong about you, but you do seem to just be grasping at straws.

Z

Golden has played loads of games with less then 30 people. In fact the forum he started on played with about 15-20.
He is trying to play off the fact that you guys don't know him well.
Don't fall for it! He's a lawyer he knows how to convince with his words!

I just can't do it, I can't vote Artfirst. he seems genuine to me and has from the beginning, same as Katniss. Voting Golden. I'm really sorry golden, if you are innocent.

[MENTION=13661]golden[/MENTION] it's been such a messy game and we've all royally screwed up when lynching people. I've seen a change in splints in the last few days -- she seems more aware and clued in. And the fish slap thing was pulling at straws, imo. No member, good or bad would want to be like "Oh hey, look! See that really obscure fishslap smiley? The one everyone is confused about? That's me! He's pointing the finger at me!" That's just silly :)

You've been caught in some lies in the last day or so. That's why I voted for you. I always thought maybe Art had something on you. I don't understand all these lengthy emotional posts though, I think all of this is confusing me. I like to keep things neutral, its less uncomftorable.

It is interesting that the third person to vote for me is back to reinforce fingersplints ideas.

Katniss, if it's grasping at straws, why was splints able to so easily remember my smilie from years ago? And why did you say 'see that really obscure smily' - if any was obscure, surely my kiwi would be the most obscure of the lot...??

The only person whose word there is for the idea it was 'obscure' is fingersplints, who naturally wants you all to think it's obscure... except for the fact that we had this, like, chatbox... where she used that smilie ten times every day... the smilies were not obscure on RM. They represented us, we all had one or two or (in the case of heiots) three, and they were an inherent part of our identities. They were a very good way of representing who each other was in cases like being cursed by smilies. Is it possible splints and I have different views about whether that smilie represents her? Sure. But I'm 100% certain she knew I meant it to represent her. And I'm certain it came up in the baddie chat too... hence why the only person to interpret the fishslap (incorrectly) was Art.

If my smilie posts were so easy to interpret, I wonder why people could understand what I meant when I had a mafia next to Art, a mafia next to DG, but not understand I might mean a person when I had a mafia symbol next to a fishslap... I don't think they were that easy to understand. I do, however, wish I had the pope idea :D thats fantastic.

Anyway, TB, DP, jacobi - I think you should take note of the fact katniss is essentially pushing fingersplints word as gospel truth, I'm just hoping some people will really see this is whats happening...

I have no teammates to push my word as gospel truth, or push my perspective on events... I'm just working hard at trying to convince you myself.

Well jacobi, DP, it's up to you.

If you both vote with me, then it comes down to which side Susan is on. At least that gives me a 50/50 chance. If, as I suspect, the ones who voted for me are all a team, it might give me more than a 50/50 chance.

I was thinking the same thing.

what in your gut is telling you otherwise?

I don't know. It's just in the way he argued. First of all golden was the one to really initiate the conflict. His accusation seemed to come out of nowhere and splints seemed genuinely insulted by it. I've also gone through a lot of the thread and I can't see any sign of splints working with artfirst.

I do believe that artfirst is very suspicious and if golden wasn't in this game, he would definitely get my vote. Now it could all just be coincidence, it could be that golden's just been screwed by bad luck and timing from the start. One of my biggest weaknesses is looking for the more unlikely answer, ignoring the obvious in favour for the convoluted. But even for me, there's a point where I can't ignore the obvious and the obvious is that golden is mafia.

Really hope my gut is right here. Vote Golden