China Bans Reincarnation | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

China Bans Reincarnation

I remember the chinese govt said that there was no need to worry about rain when they hosted the olympics - they had a weather machine that would ensure good weather throughout the time it took place. Their continued authoritarian idiocy doesn't surprise me.

What does surprise me, if he did in fact say it, is that the Dalai Lama says that he will not be reincarnated in Tibet. I've always thought it would be an absurdity on one level entirely to think that one would leave this life as one person and be reborn as one person. Just like how one coin does not stay one coin if you melt it with 99 other coins and restamp them into 100 brand new coins (The one coin merges in with the rest and is "reborn" as part of the new set), the one person that dies does not maintain his identical spirit reincarnated as a human. It is a whole other thing to say that if he will be reincarnated, he can choose where he will be reincarnated - and that China's decision to do whatever they've done will have an effect on anything whatsoever on the spiritual side of things.

Of course, that's all speculation and none of us truly know. IN EITHER CASE! I see it as an idiotic reply to an idiotic assertion. Boo China! Boo Dalai Lama! Boooooo!!

I certainly hope there was non-noted sarcasm or silliness in his voice if he did say that for realsies.

Facetious would be better, but only if it were likely that the Chinese government had a sense of humour.

communist can be fun haven't you seen their parties

Communist_Party_by_executor32.png

my thoughts on the issue, verbatum:
herp de derp de derp de herpity derp.
:m107:

China has already begun grooming their choice for the next reincarnated "Dalai Llama". This saddens me to no end. I know many of you think reincarnation is ridiculous - but it is no more ridiculous than thinking Jesus Christ will return to this earth and save countless souls.

The point here is that a big bully can cause a rift in a people's society that has been peaceful for thousands of years just so they can prove a point and maintain their grip of power. This will be an act of extreme mental violence on the people of Tibet. Added on top of what China did 50 years ago.

This is no different than what America did to the Native Americans...

Reactions: bamf
errr, don't they have to be chosen at birth though?

It's actually a pretty sad thing that many of the dalai lamas past have died in theri late teens of unexplained occurances...

that might have had something to do with the regents who ruled in their stead until they were old enough to take on the responsibility not wanting to hand it over.

This is serious. This is about China taking control of the Tibetan monks. You might think the belief is silly, but the implications of this policy are not. My guess is that China wants to be calling the shots on who is the leadership in Tibet, and this is a step toward that.

This is serious. This is about China taking control of the Tibetan monks. You might think the belief is silly, but the implications of this policy are not. My guess is that China wants to be calling the shots on who is the leadership in Tibet, and this is a step toward that.

No, that's absolutely true. The rest of the article is implicitly saying this - it's a political move rather than a religious one...but it still sounds stupid in its onset.

But the truth is China has been against the Tibetan monks for a very long time and this is one way they feel they can control them.

I will choose to be reborn outside of tibet! Uhhh.. why not just say I want my successor not to be chinese?

Yeah, the political implications is really really clear.

And to think about it, I don't know how will it be received by Chinese people......... this is an American (?) site we're getting the source from. Within Chinese news, it might be different.

Now wait.
How does the next Dalai Lama get chosen, anyway? How will one --either the Tibetan monks, or Chinese government-- know whether X and Y is the real, reincarnated, Dalai Lama?

If, say, for instance, the next Dalai Lama is...like, the next baby that's born the moment / some moment after the current Dalai Lama's death...... then China's claim really really really REALLY MAKES SENSE AND IT IS SCARY. O_O; It's like having a certain communist government choose the Pope -- and rejecting others. O_O;;;;

Basically it's China's way of "yeah, so we can and are going to control you and your faith and your leaders, and there's nothing you can do to stop it. SUCK ON IT, BITCHES"

OH CHINA

Last edited:
yes it is only a political move to undermine the power of the dalai lama who is still the real leader of Tibet.

The tibetan political system works like this. You have a dalai lama who has the highest power and then you have the panchen lama, who is second in command. When the panchen lama dies it is the dalai lama who must find the incarnation (that can take some years so when the boy is found he can be already 5 years old). Then the dalai lama is in charge of the eductaion of the new panchen lama. Then when the dalai lama dies it is the panchen lama who has to find the new dalai lama and educate him.
Now the Panchen lama had died about 10-15 years ago. The dalai lama had found the new incarnation and the next day the boy was kidnapped by the Chinese and is never seen again. The Chinese forced the monks in Tibet to accept there choice for the new panchen lama, who offcourse comes from a family that supports the Chinese and he is sitting on the panchen lama chair ever since.
So in fact the dalai lama problem has already been solved since who is now going to be in charge to find and educate the new dalai lama? The corrupt fake panchen lama? Or can the dalai lama find someone else and will that person's choice for a new dalai lama be accepted?

By banning reincarnation they solve the whole problem of the dalai lama's influence in """THEIR""" Tibet. But if the dalai lama says he will be reincarnating outside of China there is nothing they can do to stop them from finding the new boy and putting him on the dalai lama chair because he will be out of their jurisdiction! :)

I'm sure the dalai lama will find a solution to this lunatic rule ... if reincarnation is really possible.

They test a new boy by showing him some objects among which one or more favorite objects of the previous lama. And if the boy immediately takes those objects that means he is the reincarnation.

I think it is really really sad that the world looks at the Tibetan disaster and does nothing to help them. China claims that Tibet was theirs 1000 of years ago. If every country starts claiming land that was theirs so many years ago than the whole world will be in war.

free-tibet.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Kgal
How can they ban something that they don't believe?

That makes my soul hurt in so many ways.

Rawr.

Reactions: Kgal
It's like having a certain communist government choose the Pope -- and rejecting others. O_O;;;;

OH CHINA

Thats probably not far off, they have their own state version of Christianity and catholicism which is void of a pope. China doesn't share power.

When I went to china they searched my bags, not for drugs or weapons, the searched me for that in NYC when I departed, they were searching for non-sanctioned bibles.

yes it is only a political move to undermine the power of the dalai lama who is still the real leader of Tibet.

The tibetan political system works like this. You have a dalai lama who has the highest power and then you have the panchen lama, who is second in command. When the panchen lama dies it is the dalai lama who must find the incarnation (that can take some years so when the boy is found he can be already 5 years old). Then the dalai lama is in charge of the eductaion of the new panchen lama. Then when the dalai lama dies it is the panchen lama who has to find the new dalai lama and educate him.
Now the Panchen lama had died about 10-15 years ago. The dalai lama had found the new incarnation and the next day the boy was kidnapped by the Chinese and is never seen again. The Chinese forced the monks in Tibet to accept there choice for the new panchen lama, who offcourse comes from a family that supports the Chinese and he is sitting on the panchen lama chair ever since.
So in fact the dalai lama problem has already been solved since who is now going to be in charge to find and educate the new dalai lama? The corrupt fake panchen lama? Or can the dalai lama find someone else and will that person's choice for a new dalai lama be accepted?

By banning reincarnation they solve the whole problem of the dalai lama's influence in """THEIR""" Tibet. But if the dalai lama says he will be reincarnating outside of China there is nothing they can do to stop them from finding the new boy and putting him on the dalai lama chair because he will be out of their jurisdiction! :)

I'm sure the dalai lama will find a solution to this lunatic rule ... if reincarnation is really possible.

They test a new boy by showing him some objects among which one or more favorite objects of the previous lama. And if the boy immediately takes those objects that means he is the reincarnation.

I think it is really really sad that the world looks at the Tibetan disaster and does nothing to help them. China claims that Tibet was theirs 1000 of years ago. If every country starts claiming land that was theirs so many years ago than the whole world will be in war.

free-tibet.jpg

How is that form of choosing a successor any less corrupt or dictatorish then what the Chinese want to do? The people of tibet still have no say in it.

Thanks @Morgain; for the info. That certainly...sheds a lot of unpleasant light towards this whole issue. So the current Dalai Lama is the sole guardian against China's grasp of Tibet..and they're simply bidding their time. It could be anytime soon, isn't it?

Oh, the politics.

Thats probably not far off, they have their own state version of Christianity and catholicism which is void of a pope. China doesn't share power.

When I went to china they searched my bags, not for drugs or weapons, the searched me for that in NYC when I departed, they were searching for non-sanctioned bibles.
I believe so. I wonder how much censoring are applied...

How is that form of choosing a successor any less corrupt or dictatorish then what the Chinese want to do? The people of tibet still have no say in it.
I understand what you're talking about (albeit probably you're looking from a democratic, Western PoV)
In my perspective, at the very least, the decision lies upon the decision of the actual leader itself. This is like a kingdom having its ruler picked by the opposing empire.
And if Dalai Lama is as good as 'ruling' Tibet as he is depicted in mass media, then the horror.... ETA : I mean, the horror for a people of Tibet, who'd seen their benevolent ruler being replaced by basically a puppet?

Last edited:

that is true but let the people of Tibet decide what they want and not China. And even though the dalai lama is not elected he is very much loved and honored by his people and most of them don't like the Chinese suppression. And I know I have been in Tibet.

It is forbiden in Tibet to poses a picture of the dalai lama. When they express anti-chinese thoughts on the streets they are arrested. There are spy's everywhere. People get arrested in the middle of the night without knowing what they have done wrong. They disappear to concentration camps and are tortured and forced into labor without a trial. And the land is completely abused. China has cut many trees there, realized that by doing so they had destabilized the land and now try to fix it with planting new trees which are now sticking out of the dry land like death sticks. They cut tunnels through the mountains which is a horror to the Tibetan because the mountains are sacred to them ...

and yes they brought progression and modernism to the ancient country but can you force modernism onto people at all costs?