Charisma - What is it and have you got it? | Page 14 | INFJ Forum

Charisma - What is it and have you got it?

Not in a discussion about charisma.

308681-20;1459441255t.jpg

Not in a discussion about charisma.

I don't want to pursue this further, but maybe think about whether, in an academic setting, you would use that kind of tone. If you answer 'yes', I say I'm worried about what might happen. If you answer 'no', then are you not implicitly ascribing different statuses to the people with whom you engage in critical discussion? And would that be fair? Personally, I think it is better to always keep to the same tone. It also makes it easier to avoid misunderstandings.

Anyway, I don't mean to derail the thread any further. We can continue this in PM at some point if you want.

I don't want to pursue this further, but maybe think about whether, in an academic setting, you would use that kind of tone. If you answer 'yes', I say I'm worried about what might happen. If you answer 'no', then are you not implicitly ascribing different statuses to the people with whom you engage in critical discussion? And would that be fair? Personally, I think it is better to always keep to the same tone. It also makes it easier to avoid misunderstandings.

Anyway, I don't mean to derail the thread any further. We can continue this in PM at some point if you want.
I don't know why you're so interested in what I do or don't say in an academic setting. That is my personal business and it's a completely different space to the forum.

This place is a lot more informal and bantery and my register reflects that.

If you think this point is seriously worth pursuing, then you're going to have to advise me to make sure that I don't talk too much about the cocks, balls and AKs of African warlords in conference, too.

I don't know why you're so interested in what I do or don't say in an academic setting. That is my personal business and it's a completely different space to the forum.

If you think this point is seriously worth pursuing, then you're going to have to advise me to make sure that I don't talk too much about the cocks, balls and AKs of African warlords in conference, too.

Oh my god. You completely missed my point again!

I give up :p

You're not allowed to have a personality.

@John K I was thinking about your idea of the charismatic person as being the shaper of a community/being carried along by the local vibes.

Given this notion, would it be fair to say that as far as this place is concerned... @Wyote is such a person? :grinning:

@John K I was thinking about your idea of the charismatic person as being the shaper of a community/being carried along by the local vibes.

Given this notion, would it be fair to say that as far as this place is concerned... @Wyote is such a person? :grinning:

giphy.gif

That kind of does happen at conferences. Not during the presentations, obviously, but afterwards during closing drinks for sure.

After several hours of dry, monotone, technical colloquium, you're kind of begging for a change of scenery.