Charisma - What is it and have you got it? | Page 17 | INFJ Forum

Charisma - What is it and have you got it?

It's the source of it in my opinion. Facial expression the quick relay in conversation, the connection through words.

Hmm, would being emotionally vulnerable be a necessity as well then? I was always wondering on that for a bit.

To be charismatic is to open yourself emotionally to others (I've read that before here) so there is a form of trust, while
standing strong enough in your own core self to not being overtaken...or something in that trend.

Hmm, would being emotionally vulnerable be a necessity as well then? I was always wondering on that for a bit.

To be charismatic is to open yourself emotionally to others (I've read that before here) so there is a form of trust, while
standing strong enough in your own core self to not being overtaken...or something in that trend.

The most sincere people are usually the most emotionally available so that makes sense in my mind.

In our research, we have identified a dozen key CLTs. Some of them you may recognize as long-standing techniques of oratory. Nine of them are verbal: metaphors, similes, and analogies; stories and anecdotes; contrasts; rhetorical questions; three-part lists; expressions of moral conviction; reflections of the group’s sentiments; the setting of high goals; and conveying confidence that they can be achieved. Three tactics are nonverbal: animated voice, facial expressions, and gestures.

Aww shit, guess who's got charisma?
this-guy.jpg

That's undoubted

I don't think of myself as charismatic. I'm not, compared to a lot of people.
But I must hold some because I do tend toward these things.

Sorry, I've made this thread all about me.
I'm an asshole.
Carry on.

somehow coincidentally this one of the last things I read about you. you talking about ppls enigma. are you fascinated?
Funnily enough we were talking about 'ambiguphobia' the other week and my discomfort around ambiguous or uncertain things. It's not a 'phobia', really, or 'distressing', so much as it is a need to uncover the reality or truth of things... and so enigmatic or 'unsolved' people do fascinate me, yeah.

It's a draw, and a polar draw because I'm not like that, really.

This topic is very interesting and I feel like many have said it much better than I ever could. For me a charismatic person is someone with excellent emotional and social skills, having a strong presence, able to influence others at emotional level; also charming and magnetic.

I'm not charismatic the least bit, lol.

Funnily enough we were talking about 'ambiguphobia' the other week and my discomfort around ambiguous or uncertain things. It's not a 'phobia', really, or 'distressing', so much as it is a need to uncover the reality or truth of things... and so enigmatic or 'unsolved' people do fascinate me, yeah.

It's a draw, and a polar draw because I'm not like that, really.
giphy.gif