SamE

Community Member
May 16, 2010
MBTI
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Magic or Mysticism?

Hi everyone, how are you doing. recently I went to an alternative meditation session with a difference.

The session consisted of psychic healing and channelling. I tried channeling an ancestor and it didn't turn out so well. The message I got was how can I stand the loneliness. And I felt in a negative vibrational state for a good while, where I felt a bit brain dead. Am I messing with stuff I lack a sound grasp and knowledge with. Is this my active imagination playing tricks on me, did I see a different language scroll past my eyes. The entity felt awful, was I channeling an ancestor or wasn't I. I know my entire family and genealogy is messed up and channeling any entity that may or may not be part of my family tree would be a vibrationally negative experience. I don't have any loved ones that I can actually call loved ones.

Did the lady that saw into me really see what she saw, that the lights were out and I was in a state of blankness. I could agree with that wholeheartedly.

Did I really see my spirituality as a spiritual elevator or was this wishful thinking. Was some of the descriptions others expressed intuitive psychic or suggestive for them to know so much details about others through just a name and be pretty accurate about it without having anything to do with them and so much more.

Do INFJ's to have a psychic intuitive bent? When it comes to mediumship and the hereafter, how much do you believe in it?

There are many theories that surround channeling, and it is understandable why since it has been around for many years. The most basic is that the channeled spirits are who or what they say they are. The Ancients believed that they were indeed invoking the spirits of the passed on souls and that view is still held till today.

Well known Psychiatrist Sigmund Freud was a skeptic on the subject of channeling, believing it was merely wish fulfillment. While Dr. Carl G. Jung offered two explanations, the first being the channeled spirits came from complexes that had become repressed and separated from consciousness. The second was that they represented archetypes accessed to the collective consciousness, the shared rational memories residing in all humans.
How do you feel about channeling. What's your take on the idea of channeling and mediumship?

Experiences and discussions, anything welcome.

Ps should I buy a Oujia Board now. :D

Magic or Mysticism?

I tried channeling an ancestor and it didn't turn out so well. The message I got was how can I stand the loneliness. And I felt in a negative vibrational state for a good while, where I felt a bit brain dead. Am I messing with stuff I lack a sound grasp and knowledge with. Is this my active imagination playing tricks on me, did I see a different language scroll past my eyes. The entity felt awful, was I channeling an ancestor or wasn't I. I know my entire family and genealogy is messed up and channeling any entity that may or may not be part of my family tree would be a vibrationally negative experience. I don't have any loved ones that I can actually call loved ones.

Did the lady that saw into me really see what she saw, that the lights were out and I was in a state of blankness. I could agree with that wholeheartedly.

Did I really see my spirituality as a spiritual elevator or was this wishful thinking. Was some of the descriptions others expressed intuitive psychic or suggestive for them to know so much details about others through just a name and be pretty accurate about it without having anything to do with them and so much more.

You are the only one that can answer your questions. Ultimately it is up to you. No matter what anyone else says or other people's experiences you have to decide what did or didn't happen what you did or did not feel.
I realize this probably isn't that helpful but I just don't want you to lose faith in something just because other people tell you you are wrong nor do I want you to develop some sick sense of hope because other people can affirm that they've had similar experiences.

Reactions: sassafras
You are the only one that can answer your questions. Ultimately it is up to you. No matter what anyone else says or other people's experiences you have to decide what did or didn't happen what you did or did not feel.
I realize this probably isn't that helpful but I just don't want you to lose faith in something just because other people tell you you are wrong nor do I want you to develop some sick sense of hope because other people can affirm that they've had similar experiences.

I am a reserved soul and do see significance and patterns in events most would ignore and find this as a possibility, that's why I brought it up. However I'm in a somewhat sarcastic humorous mood tonight.

That's why I'm going to another session on past life regression too. I already went to one and its a real piece of vivid strangeness. But I digress, this thread isn't about whether reincarnation is a possibility, its about whether channeling spirits is a possibility. And whether its the magical or mystic way or the highway. :D

And while I have more questions than answers and having others affirm or tell me their experiences would be interesting and helpful to understand a better sense of the current path that is traveled.

With the medium I go to for sessions my brainfog clears up and am a lot more focused and clear minded then when I go to sessions where her presence isn't there. She has a strong spiritual presence, I knew that four years ago as soon as I met her, that goosebumps feeling.

I've always had an interest in this kind of activity. In retrospect I've been accumulating knowledge and esoteric literature for a long time. Somehow going to events that too few young people are interested in and feeling more than a bit old soulish when I see people in their forties. Luckily I am nearing that age enough, enough time for the next seven years to travel the corridors of time as the corridors of time prevail.

I do believe channeling is possible, but I don't think everybody has this gift. Have you had any experience before with channeling or was this just a try out?

I do believe channeling is possible, but I don't think everybody has this gift. Have you had any experience before with channeling or was this just a try out?

While I have looked into other forms of metaphysical aspects this would be the first time. Tried to see what happens, haven't done it before.

This is me taking a more active interest and exploration of the subject.

Developing and probably not gifted as much haha. Makes for good

After all Carl Jung gives this some thought and believed the collective unconscious and more and he started the ideology behind personality theory.

This is interesting to note

http://www.newswithviews.com/West/marsha5.htm[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]"Jung’s research asserts the concept of an impersonal or “collective unconscious” (a type of library containing everything ever known) present in each person’s unconscious. The inspiration came to Jung from contacting the spirit realm. Jung claimed that his spirit guide, Philemon (more on “it” later), was a source of information that gave him crucial insights. According to Don Matzat, “Jung theorized that all humanity, past and present, were connected on an unconscious plane. Therefore, deep within each individual was the collective wisdom of the ages, including all religious, mythical content. ? Jung placed a "scientific" footing under occult phenomenaa and mystical experience. Jung was deeply involved in the occult and did his doctoral thesis on parapsychology. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Carl Jung was a “spiritual thinker” who offered Western culture a way back to religion that places no shame on being human. Spiritual teacher, codependency therapist and author, Robert Burney, agrees with Jung: “We are not sinful, shameful human creatures who have to somehow earn Spirituality. We are Spiritual Beings having a human experience."[/FONT]

Last edited:
hahaha and the plot thickens. :D

The automatic writings of Jung I want to read The Red Book (Liber Novus) so bad now, it could be madness.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIBQFSwX1UY"]YouTube- The Making of The Red Book[/ame]

According to its editor, The Red Book presents

Have you seen this book?
http://www.brianweiss.com/

Many Lives, Many Masters.

"As a traditional psychotherapist, Dr. Brian Weiss was astonished and skeptical when one of his patients began recalling past-life traumas that seemed to hold the key to her recurring nightmares and anxiety attacks. His skepticism was eroded, however, when she began to channel messages from "the space between lives," which contained remarkable revelations about Dr. Weiss's family and his dead son.
Using past-life therapy, he was able to cure the patient and embark on a new, more meaningful phase of his own career."

I've been trying to find someone nearby to work with me like this. But can't find anyone ( I live out in the rural countryside).

I find the idea fascinating.

Hope you share whatever you can on this journey.

Have you seen this book?
http://www.brianweiss.com/

Many Lives, Many Masters.

"As a traditional psychotherapist, Dr. Brian Weiss was astonished and skeptical when one of his patients began recalling past-life traumas that seemed to hold the key to her recurring nightmares and anxiety attacks. His skepticism was eroded, however, when she began to channel messages from "the space between lives," which contained remarkable revelations about Dr. Weiss's family and his dead son.
Using past-life therapy, he was able to cure the patient and embark on a new, more meaningful phase of his own career."

I've been trying to find someone nearby to work with me like this. But can't find anyone ( I live out in the rural countryside).

I find the idea fascinating.

Hope you share whatever you can on this journey.

I certainly will, this is a subject of great interest, the channeling and past life is. For it is an aspect of self exploration to learn what kind of psychic residue is present in our current life too.

Somehow I've seen his face before and probably looked at the website briefly, seems familiar. Of course the way of it is to remove the aspects that mayn't be genuine from the ones that are since some past lives could be projections. However trying to learn about any past life is a good step in learning about our psyche and what goes on in the subconscious to translate into the conscious.

In one past life I was a Turkish general, I am Slovakian, so being a Turkish general with heavy armour and a beard was very curious. It was a time of war and I went against orders and refused to continue to fight for the regime and in doing so I was devastated to see my wife and children perish before my eyes. The details weren't all that because we didn't write them down and it was meant to be a state of clearing for me. I certainly want to delve some more into them, I had more, whether the same ones crop up or different. And how my mind interprets those events.

Last edited:
I digress.

When it comes to modern channeling perhaps the most prominent are the persons behind 'The Secret' who have been removed from its philosophy and the intention behind the book called The Secret is off kilter, following the books ideology is missing crucial elements for the intention of the law of attraction and abundance and to manifest in the manner that people hope for.

Jerry and Esther Hicks, in particular Esther is channeling Abraham to give new ideas. And there the interpretation is intriguing me because without Esther, Abraham's philosophies mightn't have existed. On the proviso Abraham is a spiritual entity channeling through Esther. Very curious the kind of information that is being expressed through the automatic writing and speech that Jerry and Esther Hicks interpret of Abraham's.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTMx3LFCuPE"]YouTube- Abraham on: THE STREAM - Esther & Jerry Hicks[/ame]

Esther says what she does isn't channeling, gaining insight through an entity other than her own brains, sounds like translating spirit from another source than herself sounds like channeling to me. Interesting stuff.

Last edited:
Went to an expo and a friend said I am more clairaudient which is curious she should say that because there was another instance later in the day that a lady said my left ear needs clearing to be receptive to energy fields.

Clairaudience is the art of hearing voices, music, and sounds that are not audible to the normal ear, and may not be of physical form. The word clairaudience comes from the French word meaning “clear hearing”. Yoga describes this as the siddhi, and is experienced when the fifth chakra is acted which is located in the throat. The sounds of voices sound like voice overs to the perceived images.

The journey continues, great day for me in general. The energy, the atmosphere, it was too awesome and helped bring my spirit and my mind into better focus.

Last edited:
this thread isn't about whether reincarnation is a possibility, its about whether channeling spirits is a possibility. And whether its the magical or mystic way or the highway. :D

[MENTION=2698]SamE[/MENTION]

I don't think a person can come back in any way after death, whether in the form of a spirit or in the form of a human body.

Channeling is possible. But whether the spirit you channel is what you think it is is another story.

Oh it is, its not about what you think you see its about what you feel and know. I understand the distinction between negative and positive vibrational energies and the way spirits are in or out of alignment as surely as black spots. There was a group meditation session and people felt sick when there was a shadow manifestation, so much I could see it. I'm aware of too much that goes on, ever since 5 months ago the most remarkable things I am aware of.

As to pasts, there we are in existence, its strange I now get a feeling those energies that are in my life happen to be energy signatures I saw in past lives. Like in one I was looking after an orphanage and my real life friends feel like the energies of the orphans. Or I keep meeting women with single babies and I saw that too and other curious events that is a bit too personal now.

I would share what happens on this journey but in retrospect there is wisdom without looking into it, reservation a plenty.

We live in a world that is in scrutiny of reality and unreality rather than unified in its significance. There wouldn't be any other way to deal with aspects of life were we unable to blur out those aspects that create issues.

[video=youtube;0D3UoGqfvos]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0D3UoGqfvos[/video]​