Careers and the key to success for each type | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Careers and the key to success for each type

Oh wow indigo *applause* 20 years and getting your pHd :m105:

No no no. pHd is my long term goal. Currently I am just an undergraduate in my 3rd year. I have been working in a research lab for a year now though so I am off to a good start. After that I am off to grad school for 4 or 5 years where I will leave it with my pHd (hopefully). :)

Speaking of Organic chemistry, I'm taking advanced chemistry next term! :)

WOOHOO!!!! :D

No no no. pHd is my long term goal. Currently I am just an undergraduate in my 3rd year. I have been working in a research lab for a year now though so I am off to a good start. After that I am off to grad school for 4 or 5 years where I will leave it with my pHd (hopefully). :)

WOOHOO!!!! :D

Ahh I thought so haha, 20 was a little to early to have a pHd in chemistry xD but still that is a great goal :) From the impression I have that you really like chemistry! I think you are more than capable of pursuing it! :m105:

So is it true what they say that advanced chem is much more fun than the basic (all the calculations of mole, molarmass and all that jazz)?

Hah.

"Difficulty working on projects that conflict with values" is not a weakness, that's called integrity, sirs and madams.

In fact, I don't think those weaknessness listed on the INFP description are really weaknesses at all--well besides a tendency to be unrealistic/overly idealistic and a lack of discipline in attending to details. I'd like to develop better habits regarding those two in myself.

Ahh I thought so haha, 20 was a little to early to have a pHd in chemistry xD but still that is a great goal :) From the impression I have that you really like chemistry! I think you are more than capable of pursuing it! :m105:

So is it true what they say that advanced chem is much more fun than the basic (all the calculations of mole, molarmass and all that jazz)?

Big time, because you learn deeper concepts which are far more interesting. If it is still general chemistry; to me it isn't that interesting. However, the first go-around is. My heart though is in organic chemistry, and that is what I find to be the most facenating.

"Difficulty working on projects that conflict with values" is not a weakness, that's called integrity, sirs and madams.

I read that and thought the same thing.

Big time, because you learn deeper concepts which are far more interesting. If it is still general chemistry; to me it isn't that interesting. However, the first go-around is. My heart though is in organic chemistry, and that is what I find to be the most facenating.

Aww I hope I will find an area that really fascinates me too (except biochemistry ^^) :) Out of curiousity haha, could you e.g. make LSD ?

Absolutely love MMA, I use it in my workout routine a lot.g

I would recommend the following:

Boxing
Thai boxing/Muay thai

They're tough but the fitness and conditioning is incredible. Don't worry about getting your teeth knocked out, a good school/club will build you from the ground up, progressively and with absolute safety in mind.

Judo
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
Wrestling

These next three grappling arts are really amazing. Grappling/wrestling in general builds an incredible level of proprioceptive awareness. It really develops your bodies kinaesthetic intelligence. They're bloody fun as well.

Or, you could do MMA which is a mixture of all of the above. But the general competitive atmosphere may be a turn off. I know it was for me.

Absolutely love MMA, I use it in my workout routine a lot.g

Alright, and afterwards you go out and kick some ass? Riiiight?

Right?:m081:

Just kidding, I don't think you can really use those sports on the street anyway in a proper fight. Maybe boxing?

Just kidding, I don't think you can really use those sports on the street anyway in a proper fight. Maybe boxing?

Like you said, boxing is a sport.

Like you said, boxing is a sport.

Yea I didn't say it wasn't, silly pants.
I tried to say that one of the few you could actually use might be boxing?
sorries mai anglish isnt dat gud lolol.
I'd hate to just box. I'd get bored so easily. I once took a lesson because the kickbox teacher was absent. It's the same thing, over and over again.

was it Carl Jung who said the key to success for each type
is to become more of their type

If you are an introvert, to become more of an introvert
to be your true self

I think he called it individuation

Aww I hope I will find an area that really fascinates me too (except biochemistry ^^) :) Out of curiousity haha, could you e.g. make LSD ?

If I had the chemicals, and a procedure (which is in the literature), I easily could. lol.

If I knew 100% for certain that I would not get caught, I would make LSD for people who would ask, along with most of the other psycadelics (psilocin, mescaline, and pretty much all the trypamines, and phenylethylamines). That'd be some pretty good profit! Reson being is I have no problem with those drugs really.

If I knew 100% for certain that I would not get caught, I would make LSD for people who would ask, along with most of the other psycadelics (psilocin, mescaline, and pretty much all the trypamines, and phenylethylamines). That'd be some pretty good profit! Reson being is I have no problem with those drugs really.

:O:O WOW haha we'd all be in heaven then :m124: