Retired Staff
Sep 22, 2009
MBTI
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Reactions: jn56uytrx
Last edited:
Great NAI. Thx. One of the interesting things they mention about INFJs, is an ability to communicate across distances. Does anyone here experience this?

Great NAI. Thx. One of the interesting things they mention about INFJs, is an ability to communicate across distances. Does anyone here experience this?
yes

I have only experienced it with INFJs.:m183: My non-spiritual explanation is that Ne+Ni, after long training in knowing each other, can predict the other side's reaction so well, as if it's present. And that happens subconsciously - our brains are constantly making predictions anyway - so it looks exactly like coming from distance. Then people confirm they were indeed thinking this at the same time, and it seems there was direct communication. Of course, that can't fully explain sensing when the other one is in trouble and things like that, but there may be confirmation bias involved too. (i.e. if we worry all the time, half the time we would be right)

Last edited:
It seems so interesting. How does it work? What usually happens?
Its not always a definitive, and it only happens with my BFF who is ENFJ...And we always call eachother when it happens...All of a sudden an image of them pops in my mind and I have to call.

Its not always a definitive, and it only happens with my BFF who is ENFJ...And we always call eachother when it happens...All of a sudden an image of them pops in my mind and I have to call.

Aren't we BFF's??? QUICK!!! BEAM ME SOMETHING!!!

The INFJ one looks to be directly from Please Understand Me II by David Keirsey.

Yep. Takes an initial attunement, and then it just works from there. It's definitely an Fe thing, as you have to have the "feel" of the target, either through direct involvement with them or with someone who has their "feel."

Yep. Takes an initial attunement, and then it just works from there. It's definitely an Fe thing, as you have to have the "feel" of the target, either through direct involvement with them or with someone who has their "feel."

Yes, this is exactly how it would work in my experience. I can't sense anything from a distance but if you know someone well enough, or you connect with someone quite well, and both have a strong Ni, then you may be able to sense each other's feelings or vibes, but apart from that don't think i sense anything beyond that.

I have been very attuned to others, but it is always when I am with them. If I just saw a picture of someone, I have a hard time deducing what is happening in their head, especially if I don't know them.

I have never experienced anything remotely close to ESP except for a weird thing the day an obituary was printed for a friend/former manager.

Otherwise I would say all my "vibes" of others are based on logical deductions. I.E. the tone of their voice, their eye movements, body language, words they use, etc.

Last edited: