Can someone be too earnest or sincere? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Can someone be too earnest or sincere?

Oh. I guess I'm so much into this, that I didn't even get the thread at first. Of course, it's the only way to go, what else?!

:m176::m073:

Oh. I guess I'm so much into this, that I didn't even get the thread at first. Of course, it's the only way to go, what else?!

:m176::m073:

It's ok E. The posts are great. Like the discussions. So I don't mind but

I have this one little issue - I MUST BE UNDERSTOOD!!! :m182:

So, that's why i clarified and clarified, and tried to clear things up, because i, refuse to be misunderstood.

I hope no one took this too seriously. I was attempting to be funny. If it didn't come across this way, i'm sorry. ; )

If someone appears dorky, because they are being sincere, then the fault is with the person who is judging them to be dorky. That would seem to me to be a shallow way of judging a person, as it doesn't take into account the substance of their expression, but simply that according to some arbitrary standard, they are expressing too much.
I can imagine that the standard would be predefined by a peer group, or fashion or some other fear-based construct, designed to hem in the behaviour of others by those who are themselves repressed and acting out of an agenda based on fear. jealousy and the need to control others. Hopefully the so called 'dorky' person is not influenced by this agenda and continues to express themselves freely and naturally.