Buddhist Quote- Monday | INFJ Forum

Buddhist Quote- Monday

sookie

On Holiday
Oct 29, 2009
MBTI
INFX
"It is important to keep the promises made to friends. This is the true meaning of friendship. To become people who can do so, however, we must first learn to keep the promises we have made to ourselves. "
This is a quote by the SGI president Daisaku Ikeda

Additional Information- President Ikeda submits a peace proposal to the United Nations every year. He has met and had dialogues with Rosa Parks, Mikail Gorbachav, and Nelson Mandela to name a few.

Hello sookie,

I think we can fulfill those promises which were made to our friends, when we really want it to fulfill or we really try to do it.

Actually i believe, we should make less promises, but mostly we should try to best with our friends, we should try best as we can. Try one's best.

I agree Federer. What about making promises to yourself?

I agree Federer. What about making promises to yourself?

I will go for and i am now on the track for it. I will work hard to fulfill promises which i made it to myself.

1. Make changes which are needed for my success
2. Be humble with everyone
3. Be honest with myself
4. I will love myself.

These are to me and i will stay on the course for forever.

"It is important to keep the promises made to friends. This is the true meaning of friendship. To become people who can do so, however, we must first learn to keep the promises we have made to ourselves. "

I sense much fortune in this quote of a cookie.

However what the quote says is true. For a person to be real to their friends one much be real to themselves. Harder said than done as we all have insecurities, bad habits, self lies, some we are aware of, some we aren't.

In my experience it is not enough just to know the bad habit, insecurity and/or self lies but you should to reflect upon it.
Have an open and respectful conversation with that part of yourself and come to understand it, form a relationship with that part of yourself.
Many times a that part of yourself will come to terms with the truth of the matter and willingly choose another course of action.

Last edited:
True friendship seeks no promises, only the will to love.

This is a quote by the SGI president Daisaku Ikeda

Additional Information- President Ikeda submits a peace proposal to the United Nations every year. He has met and had dialogues with Rosa Parks, Mikail Gorbachav, and Nelson Mandela to name a few.

Wonderful, plays into commitment as well, part of love.

Wise words. Took me a long time to follow them, still working on it.