Breaking out of Western Christianity's Belief Control | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Breaking out of Western Christianity's Belief Control

(Please see above post for proven benefits of fasting.)

The following is a portion of the Gospel of Peace, an ancient Aramaic writing discovered by Edmond Bordeaux Szekely in the Vatican archives. A big portion of it is about the power of fasting and our connection to Mother Earth.
http://reluctant-messenger.com/essene/gospel_of_peace.htm

The following is a portion of the Gospel of Peace, an ancient Aramaic writing discovered by Edmond Bordeaux Szekely in the Vatican archives. A big portion of it is about the power of fasting and our connection to Mother Earth.

**Do you see how the church contrived to wrest total power over humanity away from the Mother Earth? When I learned about the Shamans and their ways from all over the globe the one thing they all stressed was keeping one's connection with nature — with the Earth — with the Mother of us all — Gaia - Pachamamma - etc. Once we lost our understanding of the Mother and quit living in harmony with nature you begin to see the cumulative negative effects on humanity resulting in scarcity, wars, and disease. *****

Many sick and maimed came to Jesus, asking him, "If you know all things, tell us, why do we suffer with these grievous plagues? Why are we not whole like other men? Master, heal us, that we too may be made strong, and need abide no longer in our misery. We know that you have it in your power to heal all manner of disease. Free us from Satan and from all his great afflictions. Master, have compassion on us."
And Jesus answered- "Happy are you that you hunger for the truth, for I will satisfy you with the bread of wisdom. Happy are you, that you knock, for I will open to you the door of life. Happy are you, that you would cast off the power of Satan (i.e., lower nature), for I will lead you into the kingdom of our Mother's angels, where the power of Satan cannot enter."

And they asked him in amazement: "Who is our Mother and which her angels? And where is her kingdom?"

"Your Mother is in you, and you in her. She bore you, she gives you life. It was she who gave to you your body, and to her shall you one day give it back again. Happy are you when you come to know her and her kingdom; if you receive your Mother's angels and if you do her laws. I tell you truly, he who does these things shall never see disease. For the power of our Mother is above all. And it destroys Satan and his kingdom, and has rule over all your bodies and all living things.

***I am coming in alignment with Gaia these days. I can feel her sing through me at times with unbounded joy as I send the Love, Light, and Grace of the Universe down into her core. Lately I can “feel”...or “sense”...another body within me that is my future self here on the planet. This body feels strong, lithe, and supple, and walks on the planet in total energetic connection with Earth and Sun. I “know” what this passage is trying to say...but it's hard to put into words as it's more of an intuition. I can feel myself “seeking” to go into the same frequency as Gaia much like when we tune a radio dial. Wow...even that's an old fashioned concept. [see how hard it is to describe one's experiences when this is all so brand new?}****

"The blood which runs in us is born of the blood of our Earthly Mother. Her blood falls from the clouds; leaps from the womb of the earth; babbles in the brooks of the mountains; flows wide in the rivers of the plains; sleeps in the lakes; rages mightily in tempestuous seas.

"The air which we breathe is born of the breath of our Earthly Mother. Her breath is azure in the heights of the heavens; soughs in the tops of the mountains; whispers the leaves of the forest; billows over the cornfields; slumbers in the deep valleys, burns hot in the desert.

*****Yes. Merging with the four Elements is part of this ascension process as the goal is to become one with the Earth and all her inhabitants. Physically speaking. I have had moments where I felt merged with Water as it is the first Element I began blessing and loving and watching with total amazement at it's abilities. Water is the base of blood...and it definitely falls from clouds, leaps from the ground of the Earth, flows across the plains, and powers the human body. The next of the four elements I began “courting” was Air. Blessing it — loving it — honoring it — and laughing in delight at WindAir — has brought me an ability to merge with it. I am often in awe at how it can dance with the other elements. In my daily meditations I invite Air to dance with all the cells of my body and my body shivers in anticipation of a visit from Air. I am noticing now that I can call WindAir to me and it comes to caress my skin. :love:*****

"I tell you in very truth, Man is the Son (Humans are the children) of the Earthly Mother, and from her did the Son of Man receive his whole body, even as the body of the newborn babe is born of the womb of his mother. I tell you truly, you are one with the Earthly Mother; she is in you, and you in her. Of her were you born, in her do you live, and to her shall you return again. Keep, therefore, her laws, for none can live long, neither be happy, but he who honors his Earthly Mother and does her laws. For your breath is her breath; your blood her blood; your bone her bone; your flesh her flesh; your bowels her bowels; your eyes and your ears are her eyes and her ears.

I tell you, unless you follow the laws of your Mother, you can in no wise escape death. And he who clings to the laws of his Mother, to him shall his Mother cling also. She shall heal all his plagues, and he shall never become sick. She gives him long life, and protects him from all afflictions; from fire, from water, from the bite of venomous serpents. For your Mother bore you, keeps life within you. She has given you her body, and none but she heals you. Happy is he who loves his Mother and lies quietly in her bosom. For your Mother loves you, even when you turn away from her. And how much more shall she love you, if you turn to her again? I tell you truly, very great is her love, greater than the greatest of mountains, deeper than the deepest seas. And those who love their Mother, she never deserts them. As the hen protects her chickens, as the lioness her cubs, as the mother her newborn babe, so does the Earthly Mother protect the Son of Man from all danger and from all evils.

***This reminded me of an article I read last year about a man who cured himself of some immune deficiency disease by doing something he called Earthing. He hollowed out a space in the ground in his back yard near some plants he had put there with love. He would lie down in the hollow space in only his shorts and he loosely covered himself with the soil he had left right there next to the hollow. I saw pictures of him resting peacefully with his eyes closed with loose dirt on his skin. I did a quick search and saw where a few others had shared their Earthing experiences with positive results. At some of my most fearful moments in the last few years I can remember calming down when I'd recite “I am safe in the embrace of the Mother (earth)”. *******

Jesus answered: "Seek not the law in your scriptures, for the law is life, whereas the scripture is dead. I tell you truly, Moses received not his laws from God in writing, but through the living word. The law is living word of living God to living prophets for living men. In everything that is life is the law written. You find it in the grass, in the tree, in the river, in the mountain, in the birds of heaven, in the fishes of the sea; but seek it chiefly in yourselves. For I tell you truly, all living things are nearer to God than the scripture which is without life. God so made life and all living things that they might by the everlasting word teach the laws of the true God to man. God wrote not the laws in the pages of books, but in your heart and in your spirit. They are in your breath, your blood, your bone; in your flesh, your bowels, your eyes, your ears, and in every little part of your body. They are present in the air, in the water, in the earth, in the plants, in th e sunbeams, in the depths and in the heights…. I tell you truly, that the scripture is the work of man, but life and all its hosts are the work of our God. Wherefore do you not listen to the words of God which are written in His works? And wherefore do you study the dead scriptures which are the work of the hands of men?"

****Yes! We are all one with God....which is to say we are OF god...and therefore god also as so is the grass...the trees...the air...the cells in our bodies...everything.*****

"Renew yourselves and fast. For I tell you truly, that Satan and his plagues may only be cast out by -fasting and by prayer. Go by yourself and fast alone, and show your fasting to no man. The living God shall see it and great shall be your reward. And fast till Beelzebub and all his evils depart from you, and all the angels of our Earthly Mother come and serve you. For I tell you truly, except you fast, you shall never be freed from the power of Satan and from all diseases that come from Satan. Fast and pray fervently, seeking the power of the living God for your healing. While you fast, eschew the Sons of Men and seek our Earthly Mother's angels, for he that seeks shall find.

****Wow! Even back then Jesus knew the human body was being polluted and diluted by the food of the “gods”...meaning grains. You see...at first...the human being wasn't designed to eat grain. Then our makers...the “gods” ….made a modification and then introduced us to grains. They had their reasons which I won't go into because who cares now...we are what we are...yes? Fasting allows the body to become more of it's pure form releasing the pollutant of spirit which is grain. Hmmm....this is interesting.......*****

"Seek the fresh air of the forest and of the fields, and there in the midst of them shall you find the angel of air. Put off your shoes and your clothing and suffer the angel of air to embrace all your body. Then breathe long and deeply, that the angel of air may be brought within you. I tell you truly, the angel of air shall cast out of your body all uncleannesses which defiled it without and within. And thus shall all evil-smelling and unclean things rise out of you, as the smoke of fire curls upwards and is lost in the sea of the air. For I tell you truly, holy is the angel of air, who cleanses all that is unclean and makes all evil-smelling things of a sweet odor. No man may come before the face of God, whom the angel of air lets not pass. Truly, all must be born again by air and by truth, for your body breathes the air of the Earthly Mother, and your spirit breathes the truth of the Heavenly Father.

*****Ooooo....I was just talking about that! *****

"After the angel of air, seek the angel of water. Put off your shoes and your clothing and suffer the angel of water to embrace all your body. Cast yourselves wholly into his enfolding arms, and as often as you move the air with your breath, move with your body the water also. I tell you truly, the angel of water shall cast out of your body all uncleannesses which defiled it without and within. And all unclean and evil-smelling things shall flow out of you, even as the uncleannesses of garments washed in water flow away and are lost in the stream of the river. I tell you truly, holy is the angel of water who cleanses all that is unclean and makes all evil-smelling things of a sweet odor. No man may come before the face of God whom the angel of water lets not pass. in very truth, all must be born again of water and of truth, for your body bathes in the river of earthly life, and your spirit bathes in the river of life everlasting. For you receive your blood from our Earthly Mother and the truth from our Heavenly Father.

****...and THIS too!...****

"And if afterward there remain within you aught of your past sins and uncleannesses, seek the angel of sunlight. Put off your shoes and your clothing and suffer the angel of sunlight to embrace all your body. Then breathe long and deeply, that the angel of sunlight may be brought within you. And the angel of sunlight shall cast out of your body all evil-smelling and unclean things which defiled it without and within. And all unclean and evil-smelling things shall rise from you, even as the darkness of night fades before the brightness of the rising sun. For I tell you truly, holy is the angel of sunlight who cleans out all uncleannesses and makes all evil-smelling things of a sweet odor. None may come before the face of God, whom the angel of sunlight lets not pass. Truly, all must be born again of sun and of truth, for your body basks in the sunlight of the Earthly Mother, and your spirit basks in the sunlight of the truth of the Heavenly Father.

***Well there you have it! Jesus was advocating for integrating the four Elements of Earth! Oh how cool is this?!?!?!? :bounce: ******

"For I tell you truly, the power of devils, all sins and uncleannesses shall depart in haste from that body which is embraced by these three angels. As thieves flee from a deserted house at the coming of the lord of the house, one by the door, one by the window, and the third by the roof, each where he is found, and whither he is able, even so shall flee from your bodies all devils of evil, all past sins, and all uncleannesses and diseases which defiled the temple of your bodies.

When the Earthly Mother's angels enter into your bodies, in such wise that the lords of the temple repossess it again, then shall all evilsmells depart in haste by your breath and by your skin, corrupt waters by your mouth and by your skin, by your hinder and your privy parts.

***This makes me think of my lymph system I've been learning how to heal.****

And all these things you shall see with your eyes and smell with your nose and touch with your hands. And when all sins and uncleannesses are gone from your body, your blood shall become as pure as our Earthly Mother's blood and as the river's foam sporting in the sunlight. And your breath shall become as pure as the breath of odorous flowers; your flesh as pure as the flesh of fruits reddening upon the leaves of trees; the light of your eye as clear and bright as the brightness of the sun shining upon the blue sky.
And now shall all the angels of the Earthly Mother serve you.

****And so it is.... ****

*****Fasting seems to be the answer. No wonder Jack Kornfield spoke so reverently for eating only one meal a day while he lived for two years as a Buddhist monk in Cambodia. He talked of how difficult it was for him to change his body's habit of eating three meals a day and his belief he needed to eat that much food. Yesterday morning was the first time I think in my life that I didn't wake up thinking about what to eat for breakfast. It wasn't until later in the day I began to wonder if I had eaten and forgotten...but no... it just didn't occur to me. I find that very remarkable...for this little old Taurus lady dearly loves her foooooood. :lol: Sigh... But I admit I've found myself wishing I could go live somewhere that only allowed me to eat one meal a day. That way I could detox...not only from the chemicals in my body but also detox the mind's idea I must eat three meals a day or it's “Fasting”!!! Hahahahahahaha.... You know what I mean. :w:

This is amazing to find written about Jesus' and his teachings! Very delightful! Of course there are millions of non Catholics who would dispute this as “valid” because it's not in their bible. Then there are those Catholics (my family for example) who question this as valid because it wasn't included in their bible either. Whatever...perhaps the Pope will do what's right and declare it's validity. ****

If a person actually does any kind of comparative religion, study, it will be found that many myths are universal among cultures. It seems that the Abrahamic religions are the only ones who say there can’t be any other belief system, or you’re doomed. A mind only works if it’s open. Abrahamic religions have such a fear-lock on people that they are afraid to even study other religions.

Are you seriously using the Jesus myth argument, this thing has been debunked a hundred a six times already. I mean do I have to talk about this?

Literally every single example you have is either out right wrong or so grossly simplified to the point where the connections are meaningless. I mean are we going to talk about how Isis was impregnated with a golden penis from the recreated body of her lover who lost his original penis to an alligator. Should I point out that no where in the Bible is December 25th ever mentioned. Or how about Dionysus having father... named zeus... who was know for not leaving women as virgins. Also in the case of Kansa, the tyrant King who tried to kill krishna, He only murdered six of Krishna's brothers not a full blown massacre.

The reality is most of the similarities between these figures and Jesus were added post Christianity not the other way around, the rest is just people being crazy.

Some sources to go with it.

The Jesus Copy

Jesus Myth, myth

But hey what ever floats your boat

the rest is just people being crazy.

I don’t believe that people who have beliefs different from mine are crazy.

I believe That Jesus is the Christ, my Savior and Lord. That he died Crucified for the Sins of mankind, and rose on the third day and after speaking for a while with his disciples ascended to Heaven to sit a at the right hand of the Father and will some day Return for the Judgement of sinners and mercy of believers and for the fulfillment of his kingdom.

You believe that “believers” of this creed will be shown mercy and sinners (which implies non-believers) will be judged and not be shown mercy. I believe that everyone’s path is different, and that everyone can experience for themselves that true love and connection involves one’s own openness to vulnerability and sacrifice – sacrifice that doesn’t involve dying for someone, but for living for others with love, compassion, and non-judgment. I don’t believe that one system or path is the only one that everyone should adopt, and I don’t believe that people who feel no connection with what is taught in the Bible are doomed. A person brought up in a Sufi, Buddhist, Shinto, Hindu, Taoist, Mormon, Muslim, Pagan, Druidic, Hopi, Lakota, Agnostic, Faerie, Sikh, or any other tradition can still learn what true love is and still find connection to the Absolute -- they are not lost or doomed, even if they don’t agree with Christian doctrines.

Last edited:
Lost or doomed: there are two words worth looking into the Greek texts.

Lost or doomed: there are two words worth looking into the Greek texts.

And the word “Hell” never was.
“Hell” or “Hel” is a Norse word…it was the niece of Odin and ruler of the underworld.
In the medieval times the word “Hel” became synonymous with a root cellar as it was underground.
The original words were “Gehenna”, “Tartarus", “Sheol", and “Hades”.
Gehenna was an actual place…a burning trash dump that Jesus likened mens heart’s to.
Tartarus and Sheol and Hades mean “grave” or “underworld” where EVERYONE goes when they die.

Somehow these all became the word “Hell”…which doesn’t even belong there at all…and it certainly doesn’t have the connotations to the Hell portrayed and made popular by the Church in the Inferno.
It was always made to scare people into submission.

Last edited:
I don’t believe that people who have beliefs different from mine are crazy.

You believe that “believers” of this creed will be shown mercy and sinners (which implies non-believers) will be judged and not be shown mercy. I believe that everyone’s path is different, and that everyone can experience for themselves that true love and connection involves one’s own openness to vulnerability and sacrifice — sacrifice that doesn’t involve dying for someone, but for living for others with love, compassion, and non-judgment. I don’t believe that one system or path is the only one that everyone should adopt, and I don’t believe that people who feel no connection with what is taught in the Bible are doomed. A person brought up in a Sufi, Buddhist, Shinto, Hindu, Taoist, Mormon, Muslim, Pagan, Druidic, Hopi, Lakota, Agnostic, Faerie, Sikh, or any other tradition can still learn what true love is and still find connection to the Absolute -- they are not lost or doomed, even if they don’t agree with Christian doctrines.

I'm not here to challenge your religious beliefs, just the things you're claiming about Christianity. Which you tend to be ignoring.

[MENTION=5807]AJ_[/MENTION]

If you have never read this, I can’t recommend it enough.
Sorry the jpg is so giant…but at least you can read it…haha.

41EsDFa3J6L._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
819VrGjmHNL.jpg

Thank you, Skarekrow! I feel like lectures and books like this one that help people to see similarities and connections in different traditions are an essential step in the pathway to peace for humanity.

Reactions: Skarekrow
I know Whom I have believed, and am persuaded that He is able
To keep that which I've committed unto Him against that day.

In 1933, the population of Germany was approximately 67% Protestant and 33% Catholic. ["The German Churches and the Nazi State". USHMM]

"We tolerate no one in our ranks who attacks the ideas of Christianity ... in fact our movement is Christian."
-Adolf Hitler
[Speech in Passau 27 October 1928 Bundesarchiv Berlin-Zehlendorf; from Richard Steigmann-Gall (2003). Holy Reich: Nazi conceptions of Christianity, 1919-1945. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. pp. 60-61]

I wonder how it could be considered the world’s oldest love story, when there were about a dozen other “God-man gets sacrificed” stories spread throughout the ancient world?

Many stories in the Bible are images of the collective unconscious, as well as astrological events (I recommend An Order Outside Time: A Jungian View of the Higher Self from Egypt to Christ by Robert Clarke). The Age of Taurus (the Bull) was succeeded by the Age of Aries the Ram (Moses destroyed the Golden calf, symbolically representing the change from the Age of Taurus to the Age of Aries):
And when Moses came down from the Mount Sinai, he held the two tables of the testimony, and he knew not that his face was horned from the conversation of the Lord. And Aaron and the children of Israel seeing the face of Moses horned, were afraid to come near.” (Exodus 34:29–30, D-R).
The age of Aries was succeeded by the Piscean age, represented by the fish (the fish being a symbol of deeper consciousness as found in the stories of Enki, Vishnu, Adonis, Bacchus, etc). The Piscean age is succeeded by the Age of Aquarius: “A man will meet you carrying an earthen pitcher of water; follow him into the house where he goes in” (Luke 22:10). Since ancient times Aquarius was called the “water-bearer” and is symbolized by the Face of a Man in the Book of Revelation as one of the fixed signs of the zodiac.

What is found in the government-created Christianity is an amalgamation of at least a half-a-dozen other God-man myths about a god incarnating, and then being killed or sacrificed, and then raising from the dead. All of these older myths are in relation to the actual event of the Sun going into the winter solstice (dying) on December 22 and then re-emerging on December 25:

Mithra and the history of Sun-Worship
http://jdstone.org/cr/files/mithraschristianity.html

a. The sun "dies" for three days on December 22, the winter solstice, when it stops in its movement south, to be born again or resurrected on December 25, it resumes its movement north.
b. In some areas, the calendar originally began in the constellation of Virgo, and the sun would therefore be "born of a Virgin."
c. The sun is the "Light of the World."
d. The sun "cometh on clouds, and every eye shall see him."
e. The sun rising in the morning is the "Savior of mankind."
f. The sun wears a corona ("crown of thorns") or a halo.
g. The sun "walks on water."
h. The sun's "followers" or "disciples" are the 12 months and the 12 signs of the Zodiac, through which the sun must pass.
i. The sun is "crucified," which represents it's passing through the equinoxes, the vernal equinox being Easter, at which time it is then resurrected.

In addition, all over the world are sites where this "god" or that allegedly was born, walked, suffered, died, etc., a common occurrence that is not monopolized by, and did not originate with, Christianity. An early Christian Syrian writer (quoted in Credner's "De Natalitorium Christi Origine") wrote the following concerning the December 25 hoax: "The reason why the Church fathers transferred the celebration from January 6 to December 25, was that it was the custom of the pagans to celebrate on the same December 25 the birthday of the sun, at which time they lit lights in token of festivity, and in these rites and festivals the Christians also took part. Accordingly, when the doctors of the Church perceived that the Christians had a liking for this festival, they resolved that the true nativity should be commemorated on that day."

A History of the worship of Mithras
Mithras is the Roman name for the Indo-Iranian deity Mitra or Mithra, and it is by that name that he was known the Persians. Mithra was one of the minor deities under Ahura-Mazda in the Zoroastrian pantheon, from 1,500 BCE onward. Since the beginning, Mithra, or Mithras has been associated with the Light of the Sun, Truthfulness, and Mediation.
1) Hundreds of years before Jesus, three Wise Men of Persia came to visit the baby savior-god Mithra, bring him gifts of gold, myrrh and frankincense.
2) Mithra was born on December 25 as told in the “Great Religions of the World”, page 330; “…it was the winter solstice celebrated by ancients as the birthday of Mithraism’s sun god”.
3) According to Mithraism, before Mithra died on a cross, he celebrated a “Last Supper with his twelve disciples, who represented the twelve signs of the zodiac.
4) After the death of Mithra, his body was laid to rest in a rock tomb.
5) Mithra had a celibate priesthood.
6) Mithra ascended into heaven during the spring (Passover) equinox (the time when the sun crosses the equator making night and day of equal length).

“Suns of God” in other cultures:

KRISHNA - INDIA: Krishna was born while his foster-father Nanda was in the city to pay his tax to the king. His nativity heralded by a star, Krishna was born of the virgin Devaki in a cave, which at the time of his birth was miraculously illuminated. The cow-herds adored his birth. King Kansa sought the life of the Indian Christ by ordering the massacre of all male children born during the same night at He. Krishna traveled widely, performing miracles -- raising the dead, healing lepers, the deaf and the blind. The crucified Krishna is pictured on the cross with arms extended. Pierced by an arrow while hanging on the cross, Krishna died, but descended into Hell from which He rose again on the third day and ascended into Heaven. (The Gospel of Nicodemus tell of Jesus' descent into Hell.) He will return on the last day to judge the quick and the dead. Krishna is the second person of the Hindu trinity.

ATTIS - Phrygia: Born of the virgin Nana on December 25. He was both the Father and the Divine Son. He was a savior crucified on a tree for the salvation of mankind. He was buried but on the third day the priests found the tomb empty -- He had arisen from the dead (on March 25th). He followers were baptized in blood, thereby washing away their sins -- after which they declared themselves "born again." His followers ate a sacred meal of bread, which they believed became the body of the savoir.

BUDDAH – INDIA: Born of the Virgin Maya on December 25th. He was announced by a star and attended by wise men presenting costly gifts. At birth angles sing heavenly songs. He taught in temple at age 12. Tempted by Mara, the Evil One, while fasting. He was baptized in water with the Spirit of God present. Buddiah healed the sick and fed 500 from a small basket of cakes and even walked on water. He came to fulfill the law and preached the establishment of a kingdom of righteousness and obliged followers to poverty and to renounce the world. He transfigured on a mount. Died (on a cross, in some traditions), buried but arose again after tomb opened by supernatural powers. Ascended into heaven (Nirvana). Will return in later days to judge the dead. Buddiah was called: "Good Shepherd," "Carpenter," "Alpha and Omega," "Sin Bearer," "Master," "Light of the World," "Redeemer," etc.

DIONYSUS - GREECE: Born of a Virgin on December 25th, placed in a manger. He was a traveling teacher who performed many miracles. Turned water into wine. Followers ate sacred meal that became the body of the god. He rose from the dead March 25th. Identified with the ram and lamb's and was called "King of Kings," "Only Begotten Son," "Savior," "Redeemer," "Sin bearer," "Anointed One," the "Alpha and Omega."

HERACLES – GREECE: Born at the winter equinox of a virgin who refrained from sex with her until her god-begotten child was born and was sacrificed at the spring equinox. He too, was called "Savior," "Only begotten," "Prince of Peace," "Son of Righteousness."

OSIRIS – EGYPT: He came to fulfill the law. Called "KRST," the "Anointed One." Born of the virgin Isis-Meri on December 25th in a cave / manger, with his birth announced by a star and attended by three wise men. Earthly father named "Seb" (translates to "Joseph.") At age 12 he was a child teacher in the Temple and at 30 he was baptized, having disappeared for 18 years. Osiris was baptized in the river Iarutana -- the river Jordan -- by "Anup the Baptizer," who was beheaded. (Anup translates to John.) He performed miracles, exorcised demons, raised El-Osiris from the dead. Walked on water and was betrayed by Typhon, crucified between two thieves on the 17th day of the month of Athyr. Buried in a tomb from which he arose on the third day (19th Athyr) and was resurrected. His suffering, death, and resurrection celebrated each year by His disciples on the Vernal Equinox -- Easter. Called "The Way, the Truth, the Light," "Messiah," "god's Anointed Son,' the "Son of Man," the "Word made Flesh," the "word of truth." Expected to reign a thousand years.
Tammuz – Ancienct Babylonian God - "the child", "the heroic lord", "the sentinel", "the healer", and the patriarch who reigned over the early Babylonians for a considerable period. "Tammuz of the Abyss", by legend, reigned in Babylonia for 36,000 years. When he died, he departed to Hades or the Abyss.

If a person actually does any kind of comparative religion, study, it will be found that many myths are universal among cultures. It seems that the Abrahamic religions are the only ones who say there can’t be any other belief system, or you’re doomed. A mind only works if it’s open. Abrahamic religions have such a fear-lock on people that they are afraid to even study other religions.

copycats

The posts I’ve shared in this thread are ideas and writings that have resonated with me as I’ve gotten past the fear and judgmental nature fostered by western christendom. The idea that more than half of humanity will be punished by a loving god never resonated with me. I provided examples of virgin birth stories that pre-date the Jesus story by 3000 years or more in some cases, as well as pre-christ dying-and-rising god myths. I respect anyone's disagreement with what I've posted.

All I'm saying is that your examples are factually wrong. You do a disservice tho your self and to those that talk to you by presenting this information.

So what?
It doesn’t make it less true.
At least there is factual information there for you to go check for yourself if you believe it NOT to be factual.
All you do is comment on how wrong everything (and everyone) here is, but you aren’t actually helping anyone, you don’t understand the concept of constructive criticism …you aren’t spreading information that would help people see your side of things…you are only offering your opinions.

You’re just like these guys basically -
Waldorf_und_statler_4.jpg

Reactions: AJ_
pollution of the Word.

The posts I’ve shared in this thread are ideas and writings that have resonated with me as I’ve gotten past the fear and judgmental nature fostered by western christendom. The idea that more than half of humanity will be punished by a loving god never resonated with me. I provided examples of virgin birth stories that pre-date the Jesus story by 3000 years or more in some cases, as well as pre-christ dying-and-rising god myths. I respect anyone's disagreement with what I've posted.

Galatians 1:9-10 "As we said before, so say I now again: If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that which ye have received, let him be accursed! 10 For do I now persuade men, or God? Or do I seek to please men? For if I yet sought to please men, I should not be the servant of Christ."

2 Timothy 4:3-5 "For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; 4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables."

[MENTION=5807]AJ_[/MENTION] Anyone who "teaches" has a huge responsibility to themselves and others to ensure they handle the Word accurately - that's certainly the angle I'm coming from. Also having a “healthy level of fear” is a positive thing — see below:

Proverbs 9:10 "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding."

Reactions: just me
That's exactly the kind of thing that some of us want to get away from though.

Anyone who "teaches" has a huge responsibility to themselves and others to ensure they handle the Word accurately - that's certainly the angle I'm coming from. Also having a “healthy level of fear” is a positive thing — see below:

Proverbs 9:10 "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding."

I’m not preaching. I’m writing things that resonate with me on a public forum.
Respect for others and reverence for life is the beginning of wisdom for me. I choose not to be fearful anymore.

Here's another perspective:
Fearlessness, purity of heart, perseverance in acquiring wisdom and in practicing yoga, charity, subjugation of the senses, performance of right action, study of the Vedas, self-discipline, straightforwardness; Noninjury, truthfulness, freedom from wrath, renunciation, peacefulness, nonslanderousness, compassion for all creatures, absence of greed, gentleness, modesty, lack of restlessness; Radiance of character, forgiveness, patience, cleanness, freedom from hate, absence of conceit–these qualities are the wealth of a divinely inclined person.-Bhagavad Gita, Ch 16.1-3

"Peace comes within the souls of men when they realize their oneness with the Universe and of its powers, and when they realize that the center of the Universe is really everywhere, it is within each of us.” Black Elk, Oglala Lakota

He who loves his fellow-man has fulfilled the law. The commandments…are summed up in this one rule: “Love your neighbor as yourself”.Rom 13.8-9

Anyone who "teaches" has a huge responsibility to themselves and others to ensure they handle the Word accurately
[/B]

You’re right — that’s why I need to study the Upanishads more before I talk much more about it.

Vedanta and the Ideas of Quantum Physics, Einstein and Tesla
http://www.krishnapath.org/quantum-...inger-einstein-and-tesla-were-all-vedantists/

The famous Danish physicist and Nobel Prize winner, Laureate Niels Bohr (1885-1962) was a follower of Vedanta. He said, “I go into the Upanishads to ask questions.” Both Bohr and Schrödinger, the founders of quantum physics, were avid readers of the Vedic texts and observed that their experiments in quantum physics were consistent with what they had read in the Vedas.

Niels Bohr got the ball rolling around 1900 by explaining why atoms emit and absorb electromagnetic radiation only at certain frequencies.
Then, in the 1920’s Erwin Schrödinger (1887-1961), an Austrian-Irish physicist, who won the Nobel prize, came up with his famous wave equation that predicts how the Quantum Mechanical wave function changes with time. Wave functions are used in Quantum Mechanics to determine how particles move and interact with time.

In the 1920’s Werner Heisenberg (1901-1976) (pictured Left) formulated his famous uncertainty principal, which states when a physicist attempts to observe a subatomic particle, the experimental apparatus inevitably alters the subatomic particle’s trajectory. This is because they are trying to observe something that is of the same scale as the photons they are using to observe it.

Bohr, Heisenberg and Schrödinger regularly read Vedic texts. Heisenberg stated, “Quantum theory will not look ridiculous to people who have read Vedanta.”

Schrodinger wrote in his book Meine Weltansicht:
“This life of yours which you are living is not merely a piece of this entire existence, but in a certain sense the whole; only this whole is not so constituted that it can be surveyed in one single glance. This, as we know, is what the Brahmins [wise men or priests in the Vedic tradition] express in that sacred, mystic formula which is yet really so simple and so clear; tat tvam asi, this is you. Or, again, in such words as “I am in the east and the west, I am above and below, I am this entire world.”

This is a reference to the Mundaka Upanishad mantra (above) in which the Vedic understanding of the connectivity of living entities is put forward to help the Bhakta (practitioner of yoga) to understand the difference between the body and the living entity. How the real nature of the living entity is realized only in union with the source, the supreme being (Brahman/Krishna) through a platform of transcendental divine loving service.

Schrödinger, in speaking of a universe in which particles are represented by wave functions, said, “The unity and continuity of Vedanta are reflected in the unity and continuity of wave mechanics. This is entirely consistent with the Vedanta concept of All in One.”

“The multiplicity is only apparent. This is the doctrine of the Upanishads. And not of the Upanishads only. The mystical experience of the union with God regularly leads to this view, unless strong prejudices stand in the West.” (Erwin Schrödinger, What is Life?, p. 129, Cambridge University Press)

In his biography on Schrödinger, Moore wrote: “His system — or that of the Upanishads — is delightful and consistent: the self and the world are one and they are all… He rejected traditional western religious beliefs (Jewish, Christian, and Islamic) not on the basis of any reasoned argument, nor even with an expression of emotional antipathy, for he loved to use religious expressions and metaphors, but simply by saying that they are naive.

Vedanta and gnosticism are beliefs likely to appeal to a mathematical physicist, a brilliant only child, tempted on occasion by intellectual pride. Such factors may help to explain why Schrödinger became a believer in Vedanta, but they do not detract from the importance of his belief as a foundation for his life and work. It would be simplistic to suggest that there is a direct causal link between his religious beliefs and his discoveries in theoretical physics, yet the unity and continuity of Vedanta are reflected in the unity and continuity of wave mechanics. In 1925, the world view of physics was a model of the universe as a great machine composed of separable interacting material particles, During the next few years, Schrödinger and Heisenberg and their followers created a universe based on superimposed inseparable waves of probability amplitudes. This new view would be entirely consistent with the vedantic concept of the All in One.” (Schrödinger: Life and Thought (Meine Weltansicht), p. 173)

According to Moore on page 125 of his biographical work, A Life of Erwin Schrödinger, Schrödinger found “Vedanta teaches that consciousness is singular, all happenings are played out in one universal consciousness and there is no multiplicity of selves… The stages of human development are to strive for Possession (Artha), Knowledge (Dharma), Ability (Kama), Being (Moksha)… Nirvana is a state of pure blissful knowledge. It has nothing to do with individual. The ego or its separation is an illusion. The goal of man is to preserve his Karma and to develop it further — when man dies his karma lives and creates for itself another carrier.”

The above quote clearly demonstrates Schrödinger’s firm belief in reincarnation.

KA1_013.jpg

Schrödinger wrote in his book My View of the World: “In all the world, there is no kind of framework within which we can find consciousness in the plural; this is simply something we construct because of the temporal plurality of individuals, but it is a false construction….The only solution to this conflict in so far as any is available to us at all lies in the ancient wisdom of the Upanishad” (p. 31).

The Vedas teach that we are more than physical bodies operating according to the laws of physics and chemistry. We, the eternal conscious self (Atma), are inherently connected to the greater whole (ParamAtma), and this eternal inherent connection is totally transcendental to matter. All living entities (Atmas), having free will, are able to ignore this connection or recognize it. The Vedas teach us how to do both. When we act as scientists and look for facts and accept them and then go on to use and act according to our new realizations we can make great progress. Similarly, as living entities, we must scientifically study the great work of the evidential books of the Vedas in order to help us realize the facts of this universe and beyond, and our natural position in it.

einstein-big-idea-merl.jpg

Einstein states in his letter from to Max Born, 3 March 1947, “Es gibt keine spukhafte Fernwirkung” which translates to “There is no spooky action at a distance.” He did not believe in magic. He believed in science and would regularly read the Bhagavad-gita. Einstein’s famous quote on the Bhagavad-gita is: “When I read the Bhagavad-gita and reflect about how God created this universe everything else seems so superfluous.”

N.Tesla_-229x300.jpg

Another genius scientist was Nikola Tesla, a super genius Serbian. Tesla, along with the others mentioned above, knew that the ancient Indian Brahmans (wise men), well equipped with knowledge from the Vedas, had understandings of the intricate laws, mathematical formulas and subtle workings of the universe that far surpass anything we can even imagine today.

Arthur-Schopenhauer.jpg

Although not a physicist, the German philosopher Arthur Schopenhauer (1788 — 1860) I feel also deserves a place in this article due the fact that he read a Latin translation of the Vedic texts and also glorified the Upanishads in his main work, The World as Will and Representation (1819), as well as in his Parerga and Paralipomena(1851). He found his own philosophy was in accord with the Vedic ideas.

He states: “That I encounter in the Vedas deep original lofty thoughts, suffused with a high and holy seriousness”
and
“If the reader has also received the benefit of the Vedas, the access to which by means of the Upanishads is in my eyes the greatest privilege which this still young century (1818) may claim before all previous centuries, if then the reader, I say, has received his initiation in primeval Indian wisdom, and received it with an open heart, he will be prepared in the very best way for hearing what I have to tell him. It will not sound to him strange, as to many others, much less disagreeable; for I might, if it did not sound conceited, contend that every one of the detached statements which consttute the Upanishads, may be deduced as a necessary result from the fundamental thoughts which I have to enunciate, though those deductions themselves are by no means to be found there.”

Attachments

• N.Tesla_-229x300.jpg
    N.Tesla_-229x300.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Concerning Einstein and science, itself:

You might think that, because the cosmological constant does turn out to exist, and be non-zero, and because there is an intrinsic energy to space itself, that perhaps Einstein didn’t make a mistake after all.
Nothing could be further from the truth. In physics, we propose novel theoretical mechanisms to both explain observed phenomena and to predict new, hitherto unobserved phenomena. That’s what theoretical physics is all about.
And I hate to break it to you, but Einstein’s cosmological constant utterly failed on both of those counts.

Not only did he not successfully explain why the stars in our galaxy remain in a roughly stable configuration — because they’re in quasi-stable orbits around the galaxy — but he also failed to predict the phenomena of the expanding Universe.
Had he gone with the expanding Universe solution instead of the cosmological constant solution to the problem of a Universe that hadn’t yet collapsed into a black hole, that would’ve been correct.
Image credit: retrieved from http://izquotes.com/.

Einstein, to his great credit, was smart enough to admit to himself, and to the world, that his solution was not the right one.
Even today, looking back and recognizing that there is, in fact, a cosmological constant / dark energy component to the Universe, Einstein was still wrong!
It isn’t enough to get the right answer in physics, or in science in general. You need to get the right answer for the right reasons, otherwise you are doomed to lead yourself astray.

The cosmological constant may have come back, but it has nothing to do with the reasons Einstein proposed for its existence, nor is it of anywhere near the same magnitude that Einstein suggested. Sometimes old ideas come back in new forms to solve new puzzles.
Why do I tell you this? Because it’s tempting to revise history, to make our heroes even more heroic and to give them credit for discoveries that they themselves did not make. It’s also all too easy to fool ourselves, and to discount our own actual mistakes because there was a somewhat-related success down the road.
Image credit: European Space Agency.

It’s okay to be wrong; being wrong is evidence that you were trying, and also evidence that you were honest with yourself. The important thing is to get it right in the end. We’re going to be wrong about an awful lot of things going forward; of that I’m certain.
What will separate those of us who are good scientists about it will be our willingness to let go of ideas that no longer agree with the data, admit we were wrong, and embrace the theoretical ideas that are in accord with what we observe. We may even wind up reviving old ideas and finding new ways that they apply to our Universe as we learn more about it. (It doesn’t mean the old ideas were right all along, though!)

copied http://scienceblogs.com/startswithabang/2013/05/17/einsteins-greatest-blunder-was-really-a-blunder/

Judging the term "breaking out of", I somehow get the feeling this entire thread is here to denounce Christianity: "Western Christianity's Belief Control".

I further surmise there to be a suggestion Christianity has a control over people's minds.

The purpose of the thread's name is to try and change the way people believe concerning Christianity, by placing things in their minds they will not see and will not believe.

"Belief" just doesn't cover a personal connection with a deity. I see this as disrespectful. It is but another attack on Christianity. I rebuke it.

Well what do you call it when any attempt to break away is either somehow offensive or wrong?

I mean that's kind of the whole point right there. In the end we want to get away because Christianity would rather we didn't.