Book on molesting children. | INFJ Forum

Book on molesting children.

whut

okay; legal, maybe. But....

Last edited:
Okay, now I really feel sick to my stomach..

This is what's interesting though; in the right hands, written by the right people, this could be a guide for parents to teach their children to avoid becoming a statistic. Oprah had something like this on her show - not the book, but she interviewed four or five child molesters and they gave up their secrets.

I hate the idea of this book getting into the wrong hands. But I would celebrate another book written by a children's protection foundation to make parents aware of the dangers. Both books would probably provide the same information, just presented for a different audience.

Are you friggin' kidding me?

I hate the idea of this book getting into the wrong hands.

This is what's making me uneasy. It's a double-edged sword.

This is what's making me uneasy. It's a double-edged sword.

Absolutely. It's sad that it is, too - because seriously? Anything that we use to teach parents how to protect their kids could be used to destroy them as well. Warn parents about certain drugs and what they do, and suddenly certain drugs become popular again. Warn parents about homemade bombs, and voila, some teen is trying it.

There has to be a balance, though. There really does. I wish the world wasn't as twisted as it is.

I wish that I had the stomach to read it so as to protect my/others kids, but I don't. So like some of you mentioned hopefully profesional criminologists will parse it for us so we can defend against.

Meh, I'm not sure if this will really tell us new things.
I think there have been quite a lot of casestudies on sexual predators.

This will just confirm what kind of methods the writer chose.

Books like these are not new. Might help catch "the mule" though.

Honestly...I'm just not sure what the point of this book. I don't think many people who are considering child molestation would be hunting for this book or any books on the subject. If anything, it'd make them more obvious. So...I can only hope this book was made in a effort to help parents and others see the process and the symptoms. Most people don't really understand the process really.

As for the First amendment thing. Hmm. I don't think I see anything making it particularly illegal. I will research though.

If you want a good book on sex abusers, both how to protect your children from them and, more importantly, how to stop your children from becoming them, try There Is No Sex Fairy by Jan Hindman (who was surely an NFJ). One of the remarkable facts in the book is that one of the favorite targets of child molesters is the child from the so-called "perfect" family, the one where everybody does just what they're supposed to and nobody ever talks about sex. Those are the families where the children will be least likely to tell their parents when something bad happens. Its good not to be perfect.

If you want a good book on sex abusers, both how to protect your children from them and, more importantly, how to stop your children from becoming them, try There Is No Sex Fairy by Jan Hindman (who was surely an NFJ). One of the remarkable facts in the book is that one of the favorite targets of child molesters is the child from the so-called "perfect" family, the one where everybody does just what they're supposed to and nobody ever talks about sex. Those are the families where the children will be least likely to tell their parents when something bad happens. Its good not to be perfect.

or at least it's not good to have a skewed idea of perfection

Reminds of me some comedian who was talking about how if molesting children was nto thought of as so bad then there would be less children killed after the molester realized he did a horrible thing. The comedian then commented on how he did not know how to reconcile that info - he didnt want to like molesters but he also didnt want so many children killed.

[MENTION=731]corndogman[/MENTION] May I add you on facebook?

He banned himself for 6 months.

I know. I was just hoping I would get to him before he actually left, you know?
I should have asked earlier in the day when he said something about it.
Oh well.
Six months isn't that long.

yikes.

I didn't feel anything. I just kinda analyzed the situation. Odd.