beautiful short sayings of BIBLE | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

beautiful short sayings of BIBLE

Interesting...

My impression was that he wanted it to be kept a secret.

You're right. Many people thinks and takes it as secret or cheating from GOD. But you can see it is something else different. Clean your insight and watch carefully GOD is already there and ready to guide you whenever you need. Have faith and patience. Two tool to understand GOD's language. :)

Oh I see... You mean that it was not important that Jesus was there. It would happen whether or not Jesus was there. Based on faith

To every thing there is a season, and a time for every purpose under the sun.....

Oh I see... You mean that it was not important that Jesus was there. It would happen whether or not Jesus was there. Based on faith

You got my meaning. Thanks. Important is you, your faith. Without faith you can't achieve any success. :)

"Fear thou not: for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness."

Here's one from the Psalms:

He changes a wilderness into a pool of water and a dry land into springs of water.

I confess I have seen this in my own life.

Luke 6:38 (NIV):
Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

1 Corinthians 13 (NIV):
If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

And of course, I might have once or twice mentioned Psalm 139. I love the Psalms and Proverbs.

Great collection of quote from youhemmein, TDHT and randomsomeone :) Thnk you

not to interupt your thought, but this has little to do with what Jesus was trying to do by hiding his identity.

It has to do with the age he lived in. Jews under the rule of a Roman Emperor are not ones to sit still and be quiet, they were looking for the son of David, a warrior King who would dethrone Ceaser and free the Jews. The term in Messiah or Christ in that day had very militaristic connotations. Not only that but there had already been more then a few who had claimed to be the Messiah in the past, and many even in Jesus' day who claimed to be Messiah, but they always rallied a military solution their captivity.

simply Jesus did not want to be associated with this kind of Messiah, in fact it's one reason he rarely uses the term instead appealing to a lesser known title "the Son of Man"(which is whole nother lesson in itself).

Another time you see Jesus stop people from talking about him is from the Demon possesed. This mainly comes from the terribly bad publicity of having the "Father of all lies" announce your comming. also it follows the rules of the first.

To back this up you'll notice Jesus is fine when Gentiles spread his name as Messiah, because the gentile don't have any preconcieved notions as to what the Messiah would do, but when Jesus heads back to the jews he tells those who have been healed, to be silent.

that is the second lesson in Mtt 9

Last edited: