beautiful short sayings of BIBLE | INFJ Forum

beautiful short sayings of BIBLE

Roger

Oct 7, 2009
MBTI
ENFP
Enneagram
-
I am not christian man. I don't mind reading articles or stuff related to christ.
I was reading joseph murphy's article and found this thing. In fact, there was some parts of bible.

A classical instance of Bible technique is recorded in MATTHEW 9:28-30. And when he was come into the house, the blind men came to him: and Jesus saith unto them, Believe ye that I am able to do this? They said unto him, Yea, Lord. Then touched he their eyes, saying, according to your faith be it unto you. And their eyes were opened; and Jesus straitly charged them, saying, see that no man know it.

I love this and its message. :)

You must need faith in yourself for anything you want to generate in your life.

In easy way, Believe you can do that. You can get success for anything you desired. :) God is always is there to help you.

Faith is everything.

You must need faith in yourself for anything you want to generate in your life.

In easy way, Believe you can do that. You can get success for anything you desired. :) God is always is there to help you.

Faith is everything.

I believe that too

but a religious person would say that it means you need to have faith in Jezus and God and live your life according to the church rules to succeed in life...

what would you say to that?

Sorry i forgot to add that. Yes, i agree with it. One has to believe in infinite intelligence which is recognized as god or jesus.

I believe in my god and loving to him. :D

Here's an interesting saying from Ecclesiastes 5

Do not be quick with your mouth,
do not be hasty in your heart
to utter anything before God.
God is in heaven
and you are on earth,
so let your words be few.

that verse from Ecc reminds me of a practice ironicaly from the Pharisees, when they prayed they would bow their heads open their arms and take three steps forward, finish their prayer and take three steps back. They felt that when you pray you should adress God as if you were adressing a King. Not neccesary but intresting.
Of course they didn't follow Ecc 5.

AS for matt 9 there are actully two mesages you can take away from, one spirtual and the other is intelectual.

The first being that for Jesus to help people they had to believe in him, and so we should believe in him if we seek his aid.

The second come from Jesus telling the no longer blind men not to spread his name.
That one is a little more interesting.

Last edited:
I believe that too

but a religious person would say that it means you need to have faith in Jezus and God and live your life according to the church rules to succeed in life...

what would you say to that?

A christian would say that you need to believe in Christ, if you believe in him the rest flows naturally, with few exceptions.

I like this saying of Jesus:

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

I like this saying of Jesus:

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

For some christians this is the hardest of Jesus commandments to follow. Especially for the INFJ

Last edited:
Especially for the INFJ
I find...and this is true with many types of wisdom literature...that a saying or experience will illuminate a point of light. Then this connects to another, and another, and another, over and over....almost like a giant connect-the-dots puzzle. As some point there is that amazing moment when, without connecting each and every dot, you become instantly aware of the composite picture from the connections you do have. There may be billions of dots from various perspectives....and I see may see only a subset from one perspective, but it is enough for the bigger picture to emerge. That we do not see them all is likely part of finiteness, but that we see any of them at all is a grace. At least we know something is there.

Last edited:
"A classical instance of Bible technique is recorded in MATTHEW 9:28-30. And when he was come into the house, the blind men came to him: and Jesus saith unto them, Believe ye that I am able to do this? They said unto him, Yea, Lord. Then touched he their eyes, saying, according to your faith be it unto you. And their eyes were opened; and Jesus straitly charged them, saying, see that no man know it."

"Ecclesiastes 5

Do not be quick with your mouth,
do not be hasty in your heart
to utter anything before God.
God is in heaven
and you are on earth,
so let your words be few."

These are great verses, you guys.

Last edited:
"If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a direct result, he must be punished, but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the slave is his property." - Exodus 21:20-21

This ought to be applicable elsewhere in life...

Reactions: NeverAmI
I feel it is only rational to lay out my favorite verse.

Romans 8:37ff

No, in all things we are more then conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels, nor rulers, nor thigs present or things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor antything in all creation, will be able to seperate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord

Proverbs 3:13-18
Blessed is the man who finds wisdom,
the man who gains understanding,

for she is more profitable than silver
and yields better returns than gold.
She is more precious than rubies;
nothing you desire can compare with her.
Long life is in her right hand;
in her left hand are riches and honor. Her ways are pleasant ways,
and all her paths are peace.
She is a tree of life to those who embrace her;
those who lay hold of her will be blessed.

Proverbs 24:26
An honest answer
is like a kiss on the lips.

And now for an amusing short saying
Proverbs 25:16
If you find honey, eat just enough—
too much of it, and you will vomit.

I find this part strikes me
Can we talk about it a bit? ^^

A classical instance of Bible technique is recorded in MATTHEW 9:28-30. And when he was come into the house, the blind men came to him: and Jesus saith unto them, Believe ye that I am able to do this? They said unto him, Yea, Lord. Then touched he their eyes, saying, according to your faith be it unto you. And their eyes were opened; and Jesus straitly charged them, saying, see that no man know it.
(in bold)

It was not the given time for Him to be known as Himself yet.

I also like, "A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver."