Beautiful movie quotes | INFJ Forum

Beautiful movie quotes

S

Shai Gar

Blind Female Technician: "If there's anything I hate more than pity, it's fake pity from a walking hard-on like Ralph"
Francis Dolorhyde: "I have no pity"
Blind Female Technician: *Smiles*

I like this one because finally in his life he meets a woman who cannot see his ugliness, and she meets a man who will not pity her blindness. The moment is touching.

Pride and Prejudice

Mr Darcy: ``There is, I believe, in every disposition a tendency to some particular evil, a natural defect, which not even the best education can overcome.''
Elizabeth: ``And your defect is a propensity to hate every body.''
Mr Darcy: ``And yours,'' he replied with a smile, ``is wilfully to misunderstand them.''

Jane Eyre

"Do you doubt me, Jane?"
"Entirely."
"You have no faith in me?"
"Not a whit." -- Jane & Rochester

I like both of these for the same reason-willful defiance of one another with a hidden, but mutual, understanding of their attraction. These are more suspenseful for me than something like "die hard"

Not a heart-melting quote, but nonetheless...

An exchange between a young, idealistic East German communist (Otto), a Soviet politician (Peripetchikoff), and an American Coca-Cola executive stationed in West Berlin (McNamara, played by James Cagney in one of his last roles),from Billy Wilder's woefully-underappreciated Cold War comedy "One, Two, Three."

Otto: Is everybody in this world corrupt?
Peripetchikoff: I don't know everybody.
C.R. MacNamara: Listen, any world that can produce the Taj Mahal, William Shakespeare, and striped toothpaste can't be all bad.

the ever tender ... "you had me at hello"

and Topol pondering ... "on the other hand ..."

Narrator: Nino is late. Amelie can only see two explanations. 1 - he didn't get the photo. 2 - before he could assemble it, a gang of bank robbers took him hostage. The cops gave chase. They got away... but he caused a crash. When he came to, he'd lost his memory. An ex-con picked him up, mistook him for a fugitive, and shipped him to Istanbul. There he met some Afghan raiders who took him to steal some Russian warheads. But their truck hit a mine in Tajikistan. He survived, took to the hills, and became a Mujaheddin. Amelie refuses to get upset for a guy who'll eat borscht all his life in a hat like a tea cozy.

Reactions: dneecey
"I’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. C-beams glittering in the dark by the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time...to...die."- Roy Batty, Blade Runner

"Have you ever danced with the Devil in the pale moonlight?"- Joker, Batman

Jin: Mei?
Jin: Every girl here is named after a flower. Why is yours so plain?
Mei: I don't want to compete with those others girls. The flowers here can hardly be called flowers. Real flowers bloom in the wilderness. -The House of Flying Daggers

"My darling. I'm waiting for you. How long is the day in the dark? Or a week? The fire is gone, and I'm horribly cold. I really should drag myself outside but then there'd be the sun. I'm afraid I waste the light on the paintings, not writing these words. We die. We die rich with lovers and tribes, tastes we have swallowed, bodies we've entered and swum up like rivers. Fears we've hidden in - like this wretched cave. I want all this marked on my body. Where the real countries are. Not boundaries drawn on mapswith the names of powerful men. I know you'll come carry me out to the Palace of Winds. That's what I've wanted: to walk in such a place with you. With friends, on an earth without maps. The lamp has gone out and I'm writing in the darkness." -Katherine Cliffton, The English Patient

"It seems strange that my life should end in such a terrible place, but for three years I had roses and apologized to no one. I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must NEVER let them take it from us." Valerie- V for Vendetta

"Our integrity sells for so little, but it is all we really have. It is the very last inch of us. But within that inch we are free."-Valerie- V for Vendetta

"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof." - V, V for Vendetta

actually, almost ANYTHING from V for Vendetta!

"Many, many years ago in a sad, faraway land, there was an enormous mountain made of rough, black stone. At sunset, on top of that mountain, a magic rose blossomed every night that made whoever plucked it immortal. But no one dared go near it because its thorns were full of poison. Men talked amongst themselves about their fear of death, and pain, but never about the promise of eternal life. And every day, the rose wilted, unable to bequeath its gift to anyone... forgotten and lost at the top of that cold, dark mountain, forever alone, until the end of time."-Ofelia, Pan's Labyrinth

you are a fat whale because you are carrying our beautiful child. They are skinny because they are coked out whores.

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot!
The world forgetting, by the world forgot.
Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind!
Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd ...

From the movie "Eternal sunshine on a spotless mind"
written by:
Alexander Pope
- 1717- Eloisa to Abelard (line 207 - 210)

Last edited:
Why is it human or divine? Can't human be divine?

- Robert Langdon in Dan Brown's Da Vinci Code.

Friefly - Train Job

<Zoe> Sir, is there maybe some information we may be lacking as to why there is an entire fed squad sitting on this train?
<Malcolm> Doesn't concern us
<Zoe> It kinda concerns me
<Malcolm> I mean, they're not protecting the goods. If they were they wouldn't be letting people past.
<Zoe> You don't think this changes the situation a bit?
<Malcolm> I surely do. Makes it more fun.
<Zoe> Sir, I think you have a problem with your brain being missing.

Simon: So, what are we doing?
Kaylee: [looks up] Oh, crime.
Simon: Crime! Good! Okay! Crime.
Kaylee: It's a train heist. See we fly over the train car, the captain and Zoë sneak in, we lower Jayne onto the car, and they bundle up the booty, and we haul 'em all back up. Easy as lyin'.
Simon: So you've done this before?
Kaylee: [laughs] Oh, hell no.
[serious]
Kaylee: But I think it's gonna work.

Jayne: You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here.

<River Tam> You're afraid. You're afraid that we're all going to die gasping.
<River Tam> But we won't. That's not going to happen. We'll freeze to death first.

Damn I love that girl. I've a real fascination with INTP girls. It'll get me killed one day.

Damn I love that girl. I've a real fascination with INTP girls. It'll get me killed one day.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Both from Garden State:

Sam
: If you can't laugh at yourself, life's gonna seem a whole lot longer than you like.
Andrew Largeman: All right, so what are we laughing at you about?
Sam: I lied again... I have epilepsy.
Andrew Largeman: Which part are we laughing about?
Sam: had a seizure at the law office where I work, and they told me their insurance wouldn't cover me unless I wore preventative covering.
Andrew Largeman: What's preventative covering?
Sam: The helmet I was wearing... Oh come on, that's funny. That's really funny, I mean I'm the only person who wears a helmet to work who isn't putting out fires or racing for NASCAR. But what do you do, I can't quit... their insurance is amazing, what do you do? You laugh. I'm not saying I don't cry but in between I laugh and I realize how silly it is to take anything too seriously. Plus, I look forward to a good cry. It feels pretty good.

Andrew Largeman: You know that point in your life when you realize the house you grew up in isn't really your home anymore? All of a sudden even though you have some place where you put your shit, that idea of home is gone.
Sam: I still feel at home in my house.
Andrew Largeman: You'll see one day when you move out it just sort of happens one day and it's gone. You feel like you can never get it back. It's like you feel homesick for a place that doesn't even exist. Maybe it's like this rite of passage, you know. You won't ever have this feeling again until you create a new idea of home for yourself, you know, for your kids, for the family you start, it's like a cycle or something. I don't know, but I miss the idea of it, you know. Maybe that's all family really is. A group of people that miss the same imaginary place.

My signature.

It's from The Prestige for those that hadn't guessed.

Stardust

Yvaine: You know when I said I knew little about love? That wasn't true. I know a lot about love. I've seen it. I've seen centuries and centuries of it, and it was the only thing that made watching your world bearable. All those wars. Pain and lies. Hate... It made me want to turn away and never look down again. But to see the way that mankind loves... You could search to the furthest reaches of the universe and never find anything more beautiful.

Drop Dead Fred

Fred: I am a loner, a crazy wide eyed loner on a doomed mission to Venus to battle with the 3 headed mega beast but on the way I caught cornflakes disease.

My favorite is the scene from Shoot 'Em Up when he's jacked the car and the a-hole in the Benz is driving like a douche. Here's a link to the scene.

When I watched this movie and got to this part, I nearly cried from laughing. He sounds just like me when I'm driving. It's the exact same shit I always say.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ov4JvTiQWUU

Walter: This is what happens when you fuck a stranger in the ass! (The Big Lebowski)

Dwayne: No, you're *not* my family! I don't wanna *be* your family! I hate you fucking people! Divorce? Bankrupt? Suicide? You're fucking losers, you're losers! No, please just leave me here, Mom. Please, please, please. Please... just leave me here. ( Little Miss Sunshine)

Albert: Motherfucking cocksucker motherfucking shit fucker what am I doing? What am I doing? I don't know what I'm doing. I'm doing the best that I can. I know that's all I can ask of myself. Is that good enough? Is my work doing any good? Is anybody paying attention? Is it hopeless to try and change things? The African guy is a sign, right? Because if he isn't, than nothing in this world makes any sense to me. I'm fucked! Maybe I should quit. Don't quit! Maybe I should just fucking quit. Don't fucking quit! I don't know what the fuck I'm supposed to fucking do anymore! Fucker! Fuck shit! ( I heart huckabees)

Don: Hold on a second. Wait. I know you think that I'm your father, don't you?
Kid: What?
Don: Just tell me. You can talk to me, chief.
Kid: Man, you're fucked up!
( Broken Flowers)