Attraction | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Attraction

That's from Sir Mix A Lot, fool.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. That totally got me offguard. Haven't heard that song in forever! And I'm more on the modern side anyways!

Do you think we're subconsciously attracted to people who look like us?
I think so, yeah. I remember reading once that men and women tend to look for facial features from the nose down, especially jaw shape and chins. Do a google image search of famous couples and many seem to have really similar face shapes. I haven't been guilty of this yet, though that might just be because I always thought about it during attraction...

Is an attractive personality more important than an attractive body?
I've always tended to gravitate to strong personalities and weird, unique minds over a perfect physique. I'd sooner be rapt and enamored by someone's essence than just have the perfect sexual ideal every night. Balance is the biggest turn on for me

Do you think we're attracted to people wrong for us, in efforts of bettering ourselves into knowing what's wrong for us?
No, I don't think that's intentional; that's just inexperience, youthful curiosity, and sex drive talking. Briefly dated an ESFP once, and I can definitely say it was inexperience. On a primal level, men and women are attracted to physical phenotypes different from their own

Do you think you're attracted to people with a closer height to you?
Yes, almost always.

Are you attracted to deviant personalities?
Just admiration from afar.

What would you say are some characteristics you are attracted to/dislike in others? (Physically/mentally/socially).
Emotional availability and some form of intellectual curiosity take the forefront for me. Even if she was an hour-glassed sculpture of perfection, being cold and incurious freezes all attraction

Are you really aware of the attraction you have in others? Or does your subconscious gets the best of you?
I'd like to think I'm mostly aware of my impulses, though I've been surprised from time to time.