Atheists Unfit for Public Office | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Atheists Unfit for Public Office

Ugh... Christian nationalism.... it makes Christ look so great to the world :m133:
Things I keep mum about because they make me :m140:

Things I keep mum about because they make me :m140:

Same here. It makes me sick with disgust - sullying the name of Christ with their temporary agendas. Christ talked about people like that. I think he ended his warning against those people with, "Depart from me, I never knew you". They'd do well to spend more time looking at the person and work of Christ.

Same here. It makes me sick with disgust - sullying the name of Christ with their temporary agendas. Christ talked about people like that. I think he ended his warning against those people with, "Depart from me, I never knew you". They'd do well to spend more time looking at the person and work of Christ.

And further where His Kingdom actually is and that it's already established. It pisses me off mostly because they think they, a human being, are required to do something for God to succeed. It's nonsense to think that Christ would declare "It is finished" and not have actually finished.

PS: Theonomists....

Last edited:
And further where His Kingdom actually is and that it's already established. It pisses me off mostly because they think they, a human being, are required to do something for God to succeed. It's nonsense to think that Christ would declare "It is finished" and not have actually finished.

PS: Theonomists....

Right? Scripture is very clear that God places who he wills in leadership/government. People getting all upset who's in leadership and what they might do equates to questioning the will of God and a complete lack of trust in him and his sovereignty.

Like your sig says:

"Honor everyone. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the emperor." 1 Peter 2:17

If one defines religion as being an individual's view on the creation and governance of the universe then a comment such as, " Atheists are unfit for public office" is conspicuous infringement of an individual's religious rights.

This is terrible. This is so terrible. This is how we become a Theocracy! This is BAD for everyone especially gay men!

This is how we become? Then where the hell did we start? Unless I'm remembering my U.S. history wrong, our nation started out with a heavy slant towards religion that has only recently started to become uplifted. Half way Covenants were practically needed to JUST get into office if you weren't off the right religion. I'm also somewhat disappointed, does anyone purpose to start any action to remove the laws (they are just mostly there for old times sake, just need the initiative to move 'em so people can't abuse 'em) it IS bad. Just complaining it doesn't help though. In order words, I agree with Afrelen.

Last edited:
Well, it makes a great news story...doesn't it? The legal issues seem quite clear. It's simply politics...a floolish ploy. Old, outdated laws are on the books in many states...nothing will come of it.

Right? Scripture is very clear that God places who he wills in leadership/government. People getting all upset who's in leadership and what they might do equates to questioning the will of God and a complete lack of trust in him and his sovereignty.

Like your sig says:

Precisely. And yes, that's why my sig is what it is.

This is how we become? Then where the hell did we start? Unless I'm remembering my U.S. history wrong, our nation started out with a heavy slant towards religion that has only recently started to become uplifted. Half way Covenants were practically needed to JUST get into office if you weren't off the right religion. I'm also somewhat disappointed, does anyone purpose to start any action to remove the laws (they are just mostly there for old times sake, just need the initiative to move 'em so people can't abuse 'em) it IS bad. Just complaining it doesn't help though. In order words, I agree with Afrelen.

There was a separation towards church and state. I agree that Christianity has been embedded. I think that talking about it is a start. This is how people get riled. Through talking about it we clarify our ideas, find like minded people, this is how movements become organize and people become educated.

Idle talk does have a purpose.

Silence is how people loose even more power. I think we must be careful not to stop talking about this.

Get mad! Get REALLY REALLY mad! This is the fuel for change!

Get mad but it needs to be a constructive anger. Not anger that blinds the person so they are not able to be effective. There is a difference.

I am not surprised that seven states have this in their constitutions. There are ridiculous laws still on the books from hundreds of years ago that haven't been removed due to the time, effort and money it would take to do it. What shocks me is that someone actually thought to use that against someone. As if this man was the first person in the state of North Carolina to choose a "solemn affirmation". It's absurd, really and they most likely won't be able to remove him from his seat. However, like it was stated in the video, it will likely get caught up in litigation for quite some time. All of this time, money, and effort could have easily been avoided if the state of North Carolina had bothered to remove and unconstitutional law from their books... one that I would assume was not being enforced until some religious fanatic decided to stir up a little trouble by cracking open a book.

Really? I know SJs, or at least ISTJs, tend to uphold tradition, but of the ones that I know very few are actually religious and most would be just as appalled by this as the next atheist. I have actually found that the NFs I know are more likely to have faith than the SJs. I know it's off topic, but I really don't think you can push this off on the SJ majority. In fact, you cant pin it on a majority at all. If you could this would be happening every day in all of the seven states that were mentioned, and it's not.

Then you don't know many SJ's. If they are religious they are extreme in nature.

Yes none Religious SJs look also down on people for being Atheist / Agnostic . And yes I'm speaking from experience here.

Shouldn't thesists be banned as well then? And possible agnostics as they can't make up their minds anyway ;)
(Being agnostic is fun though, it makes so many people angry)

True Dat.lol

I find all this worry of something like god and someones faith or no faith being an issues to be so moronic.

And we get the best of both worlds. We make both sides angry while we avoid the stupid all together.
Well politicians are all liars and Atheists are generally assholes so I would rather have a liar than a lying asshole in charge of things.

I won't deny there are asses on both sides. But I would take an atheist over a religious person any day.

Whats funny is that some are so scared of someone not being like them that they pull stuff like this.

Last edited:
Atheists are hated way, way more than gay men are.

A barely relevant note on this: I find the atheist-hatred much less bothersome than homophobia. The former is just hatred for an opinion, and if the atheist "found Jesus," he'd be welcomed as a brother. Not so for a gay man. He cannot change his orientation, and regardless of his beliefs, he will be shunned. It has nothing to do with rational arguments, only visceral repulsion hiding behind scriptural interpretation.

LOL Rachel Maddow what a dreadful awful terrible show.:m049:

Why do you say that?

Luckily, I'm not an Atheist, I'm a Satanist.

Are those mutually exclusive?

Well politicians are all liars and Atheists are generally assholes so I would rather have a liar than a lying asshole in charge of things.

Why do you think that atheists are "generally assholes"?

Then you don't know many SJ's. If they are religious they are extreme in nature.

Yes none Religious SJs look also down on people for being Atheist / Agnostic . And yes I'm speaking from experience here.
So was DevilDoll. What makes your experience representative of the majority, while hers can be disregarded?

A barely relevant note on this: I find the atheist-hatred much less bothersome than homophobia. The former is just hatred for an opinion, and if the atheist "found Jesus," he'd be welcomed as a brother. Not so for a gay man. He cannot change his orientation, and regardless of his beliefs, he will be shunned. It has nothing to do with rational arguments, only visceral repulsion hiding behind scriptural interpretation.

Why do you say that?

Are those mutually exclusive?

Why do you think that atheists are "generally assholes"?

So was DevilDoll. What makes your experience representative of the majority, while hers can be disregarded?

She is free of course to think whatever she thinks to be true.

But knowing enough SJ's I can say that SJ's tend to have this problem.

She is free of course to think whatever she thinks to be true.

But knowing enough SJ's I can say that SJ's tend to have this problem.

I agree that SJs tend to be more dogmatic. You claimed considerably more than that, however, while DevilDoll was careful to limit her statements according to her experience. I don't know why you consider your experience sufficient to conclude that all religious SJs are extremists, or that those nonreligious SJs still look down upon atheists and agnostics.

Dogmatism aside, I don't think SJs as a group should be blamed for a centuries-old constitutional article, nor should they be blamed for the fact that a few nutjobs in North Carolina are trying to use said article to prevent an atheist from serving.

On the topic of athiests....I've have athiests attempt to tell me that Buddhism isn't a religion and they are a Buddhist, yet still an athiest. They denied that buddhism believes in multiple gods, this atheist didn't make sense. So it's possibly for the best.

I agree that SJs tend to be more dogmatic. You claimed considerably more than that, however, while DevilDoll was careful to limit her statements according to her experience. I don't know why you consider your experience sufficient to conclude that all religious SJs are extremists, or that those nonreligious SJs still look down upon atheists and agnostics.

Dogmatism aside, I don't think SJs as a group should be blamed for a centuries-old constitutional article, nor should they be blamed for the fact that a few nutjobs in North Carolina are trying to use said article to prevent an atheist from serving.

if you feel I claimed more then fine I still agree with what I said.

@slant that I think comes from a misunderstanding of buddhism.

On the topic of athiests....I've have athiests attempt to tell me that Buddhism isn't a religion and they are a Buddhist, yet still an athiest. They denied that buddhism believes in multiple gods, this atheist didn't make sense. So it's possibly for the best.

Buddha is not a god. Buddha's are people. Siddartha Gutama was a man who became enlightened. Meaning he reached the highest level of wisdom and was able to see things clearly without illusion.

If they wanted to say a Buddhist is an atheist. If they define an athiest as someone that does not believe in God. They could, theoretically, say that buddhists could not run for office.

Buddhism is non-theistic, meaning as a Buddhist, you can be monotheistic, polytheist, pantheist, panentheist, atheistic, agnostic, whatever you want. A lot of people would disagree with what I just said, but I don't care. Show me an authoritative Buddhist text that says "You must believe in X god/gods", and then prove that it is accepted as an authoritative text by all Buddhists. It can't be done. In Buddhism, how can you know the nature of divinity while you are still unenlightened, and what do we do when all these so-called "enlightened" people disagree about the nature of divinity? See why it is a stupid issue?

Atheists are the least trusted religious group in the country, with probably Mormonism or Scientology as 2nd.

I like to think of the distrust of atheists as parallel to the distrust of sober people by someone tripping on acid, lsd, cocaine, etc... sure, the sober person might say that those scorpions aren't crawling all over your arm or that the pizza isn't trying to eat you, BUT WHAT DO THEY KNOW?

Oh, and homosexuals are by definition godless unless they pray to the Lord to cure them of their disease.

Last, there are groups of people out there that want to overthrow the Constitution and establish a theocracy. Don't think that we are much better than Iran people; we only have more fortunate conditions.