Enneagram
4w5
While there have been several different threads on astrology recently, I haven

Attachments

• label-wheel.gif
    label-wheel.gif
    60.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
This is a copy of my natal chart, for those who may be interested. Any comments, insights or questions are welcome.

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_01_dream_echo_hp.12922.14482.gif
    astro_w2gw_01_dream_echo_hp.12922.14482.gif
    51.7 KB · Views: 17
A QUICK PRIMER ON THE BASICS OF ASTROLOGY

The sky surrounding the earth is divided into 12 equal parts, the 12 signs of the zodiac. Each sign takes up 30 degrees of the sky and only 6 signs can be seen in the sky at any one time. The other 6 are on the opposite side of the earth and are visible on the other side. This creates the 360 degrees of a circle, and roughly equates to an earth year. This forms the basis of one

What would be an ideal astrological match for someone with a Sun in Taurus/Moon in Libra?

[MENTION=2873]Serenity[/MENTION]

First of all, it depends on the nature of the relationship you desire.

Secondly, it is far better to find someone who who wish to interact with, then check out compatibility between the two of you. Going at it in reverse order is likely to do you more harm than good, and might weed out people with whom it would be beneficial for you to associate with.

Because of the combination of your sun and moon, I'd venture to say that love, beauty, romance, fashion, etc. are very important to you. You might have a special connection to sun sign Libras. Many of them just seem to understand how you feel. You might find yourself attracted to Aries or Scorpios. But with your combination of earth and air, any sign could potentially be compatible.

When it comes to the astrology of relationships, called synastry, it's more about the interplanetary aspects between the individuals than it is about just signs. Also important is the level you are at. It's similar to enneagrams in the sense that people operate on different levels of healthy vs. unhealthy. If you project the positive qualities of your signs, you are more likely to attract people who exhibit the positive qualities of their signs. The reverse is also true.

@Serenity

First of all, it depends on the nature of the relationship you desire.

Secondly, it is far better to find someone who who wish to interact with, then check out compatibility between the two of you. Going at it in reverse order is likely to do you more harm than good, and might weed out people with whom it would be beneficial for you to associate with.

Because of the combination of your sun and moon, I'd venture to say that love, beauty, romance, fashion, etc. are very important to you. You might have a special connection to sun sign Libras. Many of them just seem to understand how you feel. You might find yourself attracted to Aries or Scorpios. But with your combination of earth and air, any sign could potentially be compatible.

When it comes to the astrology of relationships, called synastry, it's more about the interplanetary aspects between the individuals than it is about just signs. Also important is the level you are at. It's similar to enneagrams in the sense that people operate on different levels of healthy vs. unhealthy. If you project the positive qualities of your signs, you are more likely to attract people who exhibit the positive qualities of their signs. The reverse is also true.
Would it be likely that I would be attracted to someone who shared a lot of signs with me, planetary-wise?

In general, I would say yes, because you would likely have traits in common. However, often times we are attracted to our polar opposites simply because they have traits that we lack. And again, it would depend on the nature of the relationship.

Speaking very simplistically, and from personal experience, we are more likely to have friendships with the people who are like us, and are attracted sexually to those that have opposing traits. But I find that a good mix of both qualities tend to be best. This way, we have common ground, but are still challenged to grow.

Ok, new question.

Explain cardinal, mutable, fixed?

Okay. There are 3 modalities in the astrology; cardinal, fixed and mutable.
In the zodiac 4 signs share the same modality; thus there are 4
cardinal signs, 4 fixed signs and 4 mutable signs. Each modality is
identified by specific characteristics and the signs that share the
same modality are said to be negative towards each other as they are
opposing aspects (180 degrees) or square aspects (90 degrees). The
modalities are the primary or basic states of activity. They are your
natural method of operation.

Here's a very simple breakdown.

Cardinal
Aries, Cancer, Libra and Capricorn

Cardinal is independent, impatient
and pioneering.
People with an emphasis
on cardinal energy tend to be initiators
of action and have leadership ability.

Fixed
Taurus, Leo, Scorpio and Aquarius

Fixed signs are stubborn, determined,
persistent and slow to change.
People
with an emphasis on fixed energy are
the perfectors and finishers.

Mutable

Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius and Pisces

Mutable signs are flexible and resourceful
but have a hard time making a decision.
People with an emphasis on mutable energy
are the adapters and idea generators.

Last edited:
AN EXPLANATION OF ASTROLOGICAL ELEMENTS

The signs of the Zodiac are grouped in four triplicities based on their element. The triplicities consist of fire signs (Aries, Leo, and Sagittarius), earth signs (Taurus, Virgo and Capricorn), air signs (Gemini, Libra, and Aquarius), and water signs (Cancer, Scorpio, and Pisces).

In general, fire and air signs desire freedom, while earth and water signs desire security.

FIRE

People with an emphasis in fire are active and enthusiastic. Fire is a combustible, unpredictable element, a chemical reaction that can go off easily and quickly go from a small flame to a raging fire. Fire astrology signs can ignite easily too; they are very temperamental, however if managed properly, they can be very beneficial. In fact, fire signs must be managed and under control in order to be of benefit. Fire signs can be emotionally volatile yet they are very passionate. Fire can change its course at an instant; those born under fire astrology signs are very dynamic and like the fire spreading, are the first to set out into the unknown and take initiative with adventurous enthusiasm. Fire is not a physical thing, it is quite mystical and fire astrology sign people apprehend the world through their intuition, they trust their gut instinct (or they should anyway) because it rarely ever leads them wrong. Fire people have a strong sense of self just like fire which has no regard over anything in its path, fire people can be quite self centered but they are moving so fast that they never get stuck on themselves, the fire needs to spread and explore. Fire people are impulsive and just like fire spreading, often leap before they look.

EARTH

People with an emphasis in earth are practical and stable. Earth is real, you can see it, hold it, smell it. Suitably so, earth signs are very "down to earth" and real. Earth is the foundation on which everything is built. Earth people are solid and stable and composed of many different parts; they are multi-faceted people, like the many mineral compounds that make the earth. There is nothing wishy-washy about these people. They do not have their head in the clouds, they are dependable, you know they will always be there and they are stable. Earth does not change. It stays there and allows whatever is growing to continue to grow and progress. Earth people are not fond of change, they like stability and regular life that can grow upon and develop. Why start something new if what is already there is fine? Earth people are the most materialistic and possessive of all astrology zodiac elements. Earth people are also concerned with what they see and never really dig deep to get to the bottom of it, they are happy with what's on the surface.

AIR

People with an emphasis in air are intellectual and communicative. Air is the element that you cannot touch or see, but it can be mysteriously contained, like blowing up a balloon. When it is contained in this way, it somehow escapes or gets stale. Air people are free and cannot be contained or this same thing will happen to them. Air is uncertain and unpredictable; it can spawn a horrendous thunderstorm with violent winds and the pressure drops and raises by the minute. Air sign people are elusive in this way, they are unpredictable and eccentric. Air is the most necessary element, being necessary to fire, earth and water. Air people live in their mind. They are caught up in their thoughts which take them high to new levels where no other element can reach, like the upper atmosphere. Here they can formulate theories, solve problems clearly and see the world below. Air people are said to be out of touch with reality, but they are also very advanced in thinking. They are mental oriented people having a knack for intelligence but also lacking emotional depth.

WATER

People with an emphasis in water are emotional and intuitive. Water can be refreshing, like a cool stream or it can be dark and mysterious like the depths of the ocean. Water that is contained is easy to deal with, like in a swimming pool, water that is un-contained and out of control can do great damage, like a flood. Water signs represent the intuition and emotional aspects because it flows and it's liquid or it could be solid like ice, it can evaporate into air and turn into clouds. Water is complex and a paradox. It is everywhere and can be almost anything. Water signs are the most emotional of all signs, they flow down deep and search out crevasses and cracks to explore, symbolic of the unknown emotions of the human psyche. Not only is water is essential to life and covers the whole globe, but water makes up the largest percentage of all living things. Since water is found in everything everywhere, water sign people have a knack for dealing with others, they can see into other people, they understand the motives and needs of other people; they are the most in-tune with others. This makes them empathetic, caring and helpful but they are over sensitive and can be easily hurt by others who do not acknowledge the sacrifices that have been made and how deeply involved they really are.

Last edited:
Good thread dream echo.

Just an editorial note I want to add about the elements. People often assume that your element is based off one sign alone. Everyone has some form of each element in their chart (unless you're like me where you have no fire signs at all, lol), and it ends up "adding up". You can have touches of some elements, some can be dominant, or it can be even and not one rules.

Good thread dream echo.

Just an editorial note I want to add about the elements. People often assume that your element is based off one sign alone. Everyone has some form of each element in their chart (unless you're like me where you have no fire signs at all, lol), and it ends up "adding up". You can have touches of some elements, some can be dominant, or it can be even and not one rules.

Thanks, Indy. :)

And I absolutely agree. While sun signs get the most attention, the other planet's positions need to be taken into account. An Aries individual may have more water in their chart, which would definitely modify their personality. The same concept applies to modalities and dualities.

Cool thread.

What signs would you consider the "biggest enemies".

What's the biggest enemy for a leo? Aka me. :D

The most frequently asked question in astrology concerns compatibility. People want to know if they are likely to get along with someone, or wonder why they don’t connect with someone else.

Here’s a breakdown about how signs relate to one another. Please remember that this does not just involve your sun sign. The location of your Moon, Ascendant and Mercury are crucial in determining how you interact with anyone, and that's before you add love or sex into the mix.

Signs that are the same duality form trines, sextiles or conjunctions to one another. These are generally called positive aspects (although the conjunction could technically go either way, depending on the type of relationship). If they are the same sign, that is a conjunction. If it’s of the same element it’s a trine; otherwise it’s a sextile (fire and air or earth and water). Conjunctions are intense and those who share them are much alike. Trines make for easy, comfortable relationships. Sextiles show appreciation and collaboration.

Signs that are of the same modality form squares or an opposition to one another. These are typically considered negative aspects. The sign across from you is the opposite…fascinating, frustrating and intriguing all at once. Squares signs tend to clash, making for challenging, but exciting relationships.

While there are other minor aspects, these are the major and most powerful aspects used for astrology.

The chart wheels below show trine aspects on the left and square aspects on the right. Every other sign from yours is a sextile unless it is of the same element; then it’s a trine. Oppositions are opposite your sign, and conjunctions are in the same sign.

Attachments

• triplicities-quadruplicities-wheels.jpg
    triplicities-quadruplicities-wheels.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
@donkeybals

What signs would you consider the "biggest enemies".

While there are definitely signs that will be more difficult for you to get along with, no signs need to be enemies. All relationships require adjustments; some more so than others. That said, people with whom you have difficult aspects with, such as squares, oppositions and occasionally conjunctions might be easier to make an enemy of, if one of you chooses to do so.

What's the biggest enemy for a leo? Aka me. :D
You are most likely to have issues with other fixed sign people. However, if one of your planets is in a sign that makes a positive aspect to something in their chart, this is less likely to happen. This explains why you might get along with some Aquarians, Taureans or Scorpios, but not others.

Last edited:
I was wondering if someone wouldn't mind to read my chart and explain it in PM.

One thing I have noticed is that depending on who you talk to, the orbs vary on what is considered an aspect or not. Personally I set my cut off's as follows:

Conjunct: