Ask an Aussie | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Ask an Aussie

Is that in USD or magic?

Hahah lol. Somewhere in between. AUS dollar is moderately low at the moment ($0.75) and has been for a while, it has been ($1.20) but typically it does float somewhere between ($0.72-0.80). At the $0.75 exchange rate, that equals $911 US dollars per week for the average blue collar.

Very important question. What would it take for me to end up with a cool hot Aussie girlfriend? Do I have to be able to wrestle crocs and handle venomous snakes? Or does being friendly matter? What do Aussie girls seem to find attractive and appealing? What are their general turn ons and turn offs? Do they like facial hair? If not, I am screwed. Plus, can you give me Margot Robbie's phone number?

Very important question. What would it take for me to end up with a cool hot Aussie girlfriend? Do I have to be able to wrestle crocs and handle venomous snakes? Or does being friendly matter? What do Aussie girls seem to find attractive and appealing? What are their general turn ons and turn offs? Do they like facial hair? If not, I am screwed. Plus, can you give me Margot Robbie's phone number?

To end up with a swish Aussie girlfriend there are 3 paths one must be walking down in order for the possibility of such a thing occurring:

1) Be a jock. Be fit, healthy, into sport, working out at the gym (not too much, but not too little), and have yourself a steady job and a car.
2) Be fairly intelligent, rounded in knowledge, semi-clean in presentation, dress moderately well and swave (a little dash of hipster), have a job (anything, even part-time), a car, a degree or be studying at uni, and be assertive and generous with offering to pay.
3) Be a tradesman who has his own car, is fairly good with saving money, knows how to be a gentleman and to spoil a girl, and who doesn't have a drinking problem or smoke regularly (yet social smokers are in vogue).

Good humour and being a nice guy (good bloke) are top winning traits, although the jock can get away with being less of a nice guy. One doesn't have to be very good looking, but decent looking to have a chance in the game. I've met quite a few young fellas who complained about not finding a gf, and in all honesty all they really needed to do was to put a little effort into their appearance instead of putting no effort in - mainly in regards to facial hair, and clothing.

Living outside of one's parents home is a big plus.

The quiet guy that the INFJ can be, often looses out in a particularly extroverted culture; but some confidence and assertiveness goes a long way, and some are charmed by such mysteriousness.

Beards are welcome attractions for many, but ideally if it's a tamed beard. One has to choose: beard or clean shaven. Too much stubble is a no-go (well that's universal pretty much). The slob appearance isn't in. One also has to have their life together (or at least the facade of such), and to be socially apt. Without the latter one's odds go down a lot, a lot, but there's still socially inept ladies waiting for a man.

Edit: A non-social weirdo with money will draw any woman. Although, that doesn't make for a deep connection no doubt lol

Last edited:
To end up with a swish Aussie girlfriend there are two paths one must be walking down in order for the possibility of such a thing occurring:

1) Be a jock. Be fit, healthy, into sport, working out at the gym (not too much, but not too little), and have yourself a steady job and a car.
2) Be fairly intelligent, rounded in knowledge, semi-clean in presentation, dress moderately well and swave (a little dash of hipster), have a job (anything, even part-time), a car, a degree or be studying at uni, and be assertive and generous with offering to pay.
3) Be a tradesman who has his own car, is fairly good with saving money, knows how to be a gentleman and to spoil a girl, and who doesn't have a drinking problem or smoke regularly (yet social smokers are in vogue).

Good humour and being a nice guy (good bloke) are top winning traits, although the jock can get away with being less of a nice guy. One doesn't have to be very good looking, but decent looking to have a chance in the game. I've met quite a few young fellas who complained about not finding a gf, and in all honesty all they really needed to do was to put a little effort into their appearance instead of putting no effort in - mainly in regards to facial hair, and clothing.

Living outside of one's parents home is a big plus.

The quiet guy that the INFJ can be, often looses out in a particularly extroverted culture; but some confidence and assertiveness goes a long way, and some are charmed by such mysteriousness.

Beards are welcome attractions for many, but ideally if it's a tamed beard. One has to choose: beard or clean shaven. Too much stubble is a no-go (well that's universal pretty much). The slob appearance isn't in. One also has to have their life together (or at least the facade of such), and to be socially apt. Without the latter one's odds go down a lot, a lot, but there's still socially inept ladies waiting for a man.

Great answer. I better go to the barbershop then. What about the phone number?

Great answer. I better go to the barbershop then. What about the phone number?

Sorry. I only have Margot's old number, as she changed it on me when we had a falling out. Literally, I pushed her off the Sydney Harbour bridge after jumping myself.

Sorry. I only have Margot's old number, as she changed it on me when we had a falling out. Literally, I pushed her off the Sydney Harbour bridge after jumping myself.

Just hooked up with Margot last night. She is surprisingly kinky.

Just hooked up with Margot last night. She is surprisingly kinky.

Margot does enjoy handline fishing with a kirby hook and such a hook does indeed have a kink in it, as that enables a sure catch. Fishing on the jetty at night is a popular Aussie custom.

Reactions: Milktoast Bandit
[MENTION=14664]dang[/MENTION]

[video=youtube;ddINJgaYsaQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddINJgaYsaQ[/video]

Terrible song though.

Edit: I'm not one for filthy language but some of the comments under this video are a window into certain Aussies... lolz made me laugh hard.

[MENTION=14664]dang[/MENTION]

[video=youtube;ddINJgaYsaQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddINJgaYsaQ[/video]

Terrible song though.

Edit: I'm not one for filthy language but some of the comments under this video are a window into certain Aussies... lolz made me laugh hard.

You must hate me.

Aussie love looks like hate.

Funny coincidence. This evening I met a trio of Aussie girls outside a bar in my neighborhood. They said their favorite place in LA is where I live in Santa Monica. They said it reminds them of their home of Perth. They also claimed that Perth is basically preferable to Sydney or Melbourne. They said they wanted to hang out before they leave town in a few days. One mentioned she met the Hemsworth brothers when they were on tv together as teens. They seem cool. Any advice for an American guy? One of them is definitely my type. Too bad she doesn't live here. I refuse to move to Australia for love. It is way too damn far away. Plus I wouldn't be able to sleep with all of the venomous snakes lurking. If I see them again, it should be interesting.

Funny coincidence. This evening I met a trio of Aussie girls outside a bar in my neighborhood. They said their favorite place in LA is where I live in Santa Monica. They said it reminds them of their home of Perth. They also claimed that Perth is basically preferable to Sydney or Melbourne. They said they wanted to hang out before they leave town in a few days. One mentioned she met the Hemsworth brothers when they were on tv together as teens. They seem cool. Any advice for an American guy? One of them is definitely my type. Too bad she doesn't live here. I refuse to move to Australia for love. It is way too damn far away. Plus I wouldn't be able to sleep with all of the venomous snakes lurking. If I see them again, it should be interesting.

I don't live in Perth but I agree with their opinion. Of course others would strongly disagree. Any advice? The usual, be yourself kind of advice, don't come on too strongly, keep things light and funny, be generous with paying and a gentlemen (in a subtle, not over-the-top way), which you'd already know; but perhaps a heads up that Australian humour often makes fun of someone at their expense, and good friends often bag out on each other to each other's faces (but women do this MUCH less). If an Australian says "we should hang out" they're not just sprouting platitudes but mean it, otherwise they'd say nothing (well 99% of the time). You refuse to move for love? That strikes a gazillion dames off the list already!

I don't live in Perth but I agree with their opinion. Of course others would strongly disagree. Any advice? The usual, be yourself kind of advice, don't come on too strongly, keep things light and funny, be generous with paying and a gentlemen (in a subtle, not over-the-top way), which you'd already know; but perhaps a heads up that Australian humour often makes fun of someone at their expense, and good friends often bag out on each other to each other's faces (but women do this MUCH less). If an Australian says "we should hang out" they're not just sprouting platitudes but mean it, otherwise they'd say nothing (well 99% of the time). You refuse to move for love? That strikes a gazillion dames off the list already!

Thanks. They seemed sincere so I actually think there is a pretty good chance I will see them again. Aussies seem to be very direct, honest, and straightforward. Is that fair? I am that way, and I prefer being around people who are that way also. I am from Boston, and I am an infj, so I guess this is pretty predictable.

Thanks. They seemed sincere so I actually think there is a pretty good chance I will see them again. Aussies seem to be very direct, honest, and straightforward. Is that fair? I am that way, and I prefer being around people who are that way also. I am from Boston, and I am an infj, so I guess this is pretty predictable.

So Bostonites are generally direct ey. Australians are certainly direct, fairly honest, and straight forward - hardly any Aussie will say "let's hang out" unless they want to. Our form of politeness doesn't consist of statements that are mere flattery. You'll generally know where you stand in an Aussie's eyes pretty quickly.

So Bostonites are generally direct ey. Australians are certainly direct, fairly honest, and straight forward - hardly any Aussie will say "let's hang out" unless they want to. Our form of politeness doesn't consist of statements that are mere flattery. You'll generally know where you stand in an Aussie's eyes pretty quickly.

It's Bostonians by the way. Bostonites sounds like a type of rock. People from Boston and Australia have much in common. They are both influenced by Brits and indigenous peoples. They are both very straight forward (unlike people in LA). And they even have similar accents. I went to high school with kids with thick Boston accents who almost sounded Aussie. "Park the car in Harvard yard" sounds similar with both accents. Both places tend to be very big sports fans, albeit with different sports. It's a small world after all. I want an Aussie girlfriend really badly now. Maybe I will get lucky one day. Is Margot Robbie single?

It's Bostonians by the way. Bostonites sounds like a type of rock. People from Boston and Australia have much in common. They are both influenced by Brits and indigenous peoples. They are both very straight forward (unlike people in LA). And they even have similar accents. I went to high school with kids with thick Boston accents who almost sounded Aussie. "Park the car in Harvard yard" sounds similar with both accents. Both places tend to be very big sports fans, albeit with different sports. It's a small world after all. I want an Aussie girlfriend really badly now. Maybe I will get lucky one day. Is Margot Robbie single?

Lol. It does sound like a type of rock. Interesting to here such a comparison. I've met a couple of individuals from Boston, but can hardly remember those encounters. I know there's at least one current Bostonian on here (PB). I don't think Margot's single.

Lol. It does sound like a type of rock. Interesting to here such a comparison. I've met a couple of individuals from Boston, but can hardly remember those encounters. I know there's at least one current Bostonian on here (PB). I don't think Margot's single.

How do Aussies feel about stalking?