Ask a Canuck | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Ask a Canuck

which is higher in nutrition ketchup or maple syrup?

Maple Syrup is SACRED!!!!!!!

@brightmoon - Which grade of Maple Syrup do you prefer? And do you know the proper grades before they started calling everything "Grade A" as a sales tactic?
Do you eat "sugar on snow"(aka "sugar on ice")?
signed – a maple syrup addict.

I am not really that familiar with maple syrup grading @Asa

Judging from your posts you are living in the USA Northeast somewhere, I'd say somewhere in New England or upstate NY

I have been to numerous sugar bushes and yes I have eaten maple toffee.

Reactions: Sandie33 and Asa
Yes, I've lived in the NE US most of my life, various places. I have strong ties to Quebec.

Reactions: brightmoon
@James

(1) In word yes. Some parts of Canada are colder than others. The parts that are the most densely populated are the warmest parts, 90% Canadians live not more than 160km from the US border.

(2) Justin Trudeau, in contrast to his father, suffers from the perception that is he a light-weight intellectually and that he lacked the requisite experience to be an effective PM. The Tory candidate during the election also lacked any kind of executive experience when he started out, so I never bought into that narrative. The clip demonstrates this is not true, even though the Tories have claimed it was staged. I am a biased supporter of the Liberal Party -- full disclosure.

Justin has his hands full here negotiating our own free trade deal with the EU called Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA). Right now its not going so well, with the with the southern Belgian region of Wallonia holding out (apparently the deal needs unanimity to pass). Pretty soon the UK is going to need to negotiate its own deal. Good luck.

Thanks for the thumbs!!

How do you feel about Kathleen Wynne?

Reactions: sassafras
Hmm, Okay @SpecialEdition I guess you know something about Canadian politics.

The Liberals in Ontario have been in power for the past 11 years which is likely too long. I am not a huge fan of Ms. Wynne, she isn't the best communicator, but I do agree with the thrust of her policies. I don't trust Patrick Brown, the current Tory leader, who is what you would call "policy lite" , he isn't saying much about anything he would actually do if he gets power which is scary if you anything about Tories in Canada. The Tories in Ontario have had a series of weak leaders, but I have ever voted Tory and would not consider doing so in the future. The NDP has its own problems, but I do think Andrea Horwath would make a good Premier, its the people around her that are scary, Bob Rae has the same issues.

Hmm, Okay @SpecialEdition I guess you know something about Canadian politics.

The Liberals in Ontario have been in power for the past 11 years which is likely too long. I am not a huge fan of Ms. Wynne, she isn't the best communicator, but I do agree with the thrust of her policies. I don't trust Patrick Brown, the current Tory leader, who is what you would call "policy lite" , he isn't saying much about anything he would actually do if he gets power which is scary if you anything about Tories in Canada. The Tories in Ontario have had a series of weak leaders, but I have ever voted Tory and would not consider doing so in the future. The NDP has its own problems, but I do think Andrea Horwath would make a good Premier, its the people around her that are scary, Bob Rae has the same issues.

I won't get too deep into it, but Kathleen is... a nightmare. I have lived in Ontario most of my life and never realized how backwards things were in this province until I left it for six years. Moving back here while the country was ramping up for the joke that was our last election really opened my eyes to how much change is needed in this province. I don't hate it here necessarily but I do look at the direction this province is going and it kind of makes me sick knowing that there's almost no turning back.

Anyway. I don't want this to be a political discussion. I just haven't met anyone who looked upon her favourably so was curious what another Canadian thought.
+

Well @SpecialEdition the question is why do you think the alternatives are so much better? The string of Tory leaders, Tim Hudak, John Tory, and Patrick Brown would have made this province better off? Personally I don't think so. The joke that was our last election? Watching the Tories/Reform Party dismantle this country piece by piece for another 4 years? No thanks. Harper was a disaster and his vision for what this country is in no way matches up with mine.

I guess we'll just have agree to disagree.

@SpecialEdition Do you miss Vancouver? And would you go back?

I don't think I full appreciated living there because I was suffering from agoraphobia and had trouble leaving my house long enough to experience it. I think if I was to live there now in the same place I was in I would enjoy it much more. However, my life is much better now in Ontario than it ever was in BC. I can't say that I would live there again but I think I could stay there for a couple weeks and enjoy myself. Just not in the winter when it's constantly overcast and raining.

Reactions: ZcM4xzkjgzCjytBc
Well @SpecialEdition the question is why do you think the alternatives are so much better? The string of Tory leaders, Tim Hudak, John Tory, and Patrick Brown would have made this province better off? Personally I don't think so. The joke that was our last election? Watching the Tories/Reform Party dismantle this country piece by piece for another 4 years? No thanks. Harper was a disaster and his vision for what this country is in no way matches up with mine.

I guess we'll just have agree to disagree.

I wasn't old enough to have an appreciation or lack thereof for some of these people in the past so I can't say how they did or did not affect me. I seem to remember in the area that I was living that Tim Hudak was well liked for a time being but my age prevents me from having any real world experience under his leadership. Anyway, I see enough garbage about politics on Facebook that I don't really want to get into a debate about political beliefs. I just wondered if someone else saw Wynne the way most others seem to talk about her on the internet.

Agreed @SpecialEdition I have resolved to talk politics less anyway, though its a part of me and I never will get away from it. I remember more than you do of course, I am likely quite a bit older than you and I have lived in the Province of Ontario my whole life. This week I turn 50 so my age is on my mind.

What is an average Canadians day like?

Agreed @SpecialEdition I have resolved to talk politics less anyway, though its a part of me and I never will get away from it. I remember more than you do of course, I am likely quite a bit older than you and I have lived in the Province of Ontario my whole life. This week I turn 50 so my age is on my mind.
I am just barely in my 30's and spent 6 years of my earliest voting years in BC. So I am less familiar with Ontario politics outside of what we're currently dealing with.

What is an average Canadians day like?
Well the first thing I do is--

Talk to corporate (like a boss)
Approve memos (like a boss)
Lead a workshop (like a boss)
Remember birthdays (like a boss)
Direct work-flow (like a boss)
My own bathroom (like a boss)
Micro-manage (like a boss)
Promote synergy (like a boss)

Hit on Deborah (like a boss)
Get rejected (like a boss)
Swallow sadness (like a boss)
Send some faxes (like a boss)
Call a sex line (like a boss)
Cry deeply (like a boss)
Demand a refund (like a boss)
Eat a bagel (like a boss)

Harassment Lawsuit (like a boss)
No Promotion (like a boss)
5th of vodka (like a boss)
Shit on Deborah's desk (like a boss)
Buy a gun (like a boss)
In my mouth (like a boss)
Oh fuck man, I can't fucking do it, shit!

Pussy out (like a boss)
Puke on Deborah's desk (like a boss)
Jump out the windows (like a boss)
Suck a dude's dick (like a boss)
Score some coke (like a boss)
Crash my car (like a boss)
Suck my own dick (like a boss)
Eat some chicken strips (like a boss)

Chop my balls off (like a boss)
Black out in the sewer (like a boss)
Meet a giant fish (like a boss)
Fuck his brains out (like a boss)
Turn into a jet (like a boss)
Bomb the Russians (like a boss)
Crash into the Sun (like a boss)
Now I'm dead (like a boss)

Well BC is beautiful so I have been told, but its a hard place to live and stay. I have been meaning to visit there someday.

I would not have thought you were past 30 BTW.

Buy a gun (like a boss)

Did you forget you were Canada? You can't buy a gun one day, it takes weeks or even months! All the other stuff maybe you could accomplish but some it sounds rather impolite and not at all Canadian.

Reactions: Sandie33
Well the first thing I do is--

Talk to corporate (like a boss)
Approve memos (like a boss)
Lead a workshop (like a boss)
Remember birthdays (like a boss)
Direct work-flow (like a boss)
My own bathroom (like a boss)
Micro-manage (like a boss)
Promote synergy (like a boss)

Hit on Deborah (like a boss)
Get rejected (like a boss)
Swallow sadness (like a boss)
Send some faxes (like a boss)
Call a sex line (like a boss)
Cry deeply (like a boss)
Demand a refund (like a boss)
Eat a bagel (like a boss)

Harassment Lawsuit (like a boss)
No Promotion (like a boss)
5th of vodka (like a boss)
Shit on Deborah's desk (like a boss)
Buy a gun (like a boss)
In my mouth (like a boss)
Oh fuck man, I can't fucking do it, shit!

Pussy out (like a boss)
Puke on Deborah's desk (like a boss)
Jump out the windows (like a boss)
Suck a dude's dick (like a boss)
Score some coke (like a boss)
Crash my car (like a boss)
Suck my own dick (like a boss)
Eat some chicken strips (like a boss)

Chop my balls off (like a boss)
Black out in the sewer (like a boss)
Meet a giant fish (like a boss)
Fuck his brains out (like a boss)
Turn into a jet (like a boss)
Bomb the Russians (like a boss)
Crash into the Sun (like a boss)
Now I'm dead (like a boss)
So LIKE a boss but not a boss. Got it.

I officially declare a new nickname for the Canadian peoples (whether they like or not),
as Canuck is not the kind of word an Australian would use as a nickname.

Therefore, as of the 25th of October, 2016, in the region of time in which I dwell (not saying!),
Canadians shall henceforth be referred to by Australians (or at least one) as:

Cakaz (pronounced: ca, as in Caribbean; k, as in crab; az, as in Amazon)

or any of the following alternatives:

Naka (pronounced: na, as in nappy; and ka, as in car) or Caka (pronounced: ca, as in Caribbean; and ka, as in car).

Signed,

Lingistic Dictator of the Southern Isels

Mine may be a silly question but plausable just the same.
Since I live in the US...and here in Mohawk tradition if your mother is at least 1/4 Mohawk then you can declare Native American citizenship. Is this true also in Canada?

My Maternal Great-Grandmother was 1/2 French Canadian and 1/2 Mohawk Indian. Since we have this citizenship rule here...and I am partly decended from French-Canadian blood could I declare (or be adopted) for citizenship in Canada should our current election go bad? :p

Reactions: Littlelissa