Are you addicted to social networks? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Are you addicted to social networks?

How much time do you spend on social networks?

• Not much, a couple hours a week at most

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Somewhat less than hour a day

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • 1-2 hours a day

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • 3-5 hours a day

• More than 5 hours a day

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • I don't use social networks

• Total voters
[MENTION=3557]IrenaShav[/MENTION]

First of all, INFJs Forums is a "social network," in my opinion. There is testimony to show that this is a significant, vital social community for many users.

Are you a social networks addict?

Yes. I was and I am... but usually just to post a few status messages and to write comments.

I use Facebook for the slow rapport-building that I do with relatively new friends (whom I've met in the past three years). Online friends are no replacement for real-life friends, to be sure, but they are a crucial option for those like me who need this support.

Do you use them every day?

I can update my status using my phone, but I don't use even this function everyday.

Could you imagine your life without them?

Yes. Social networking is a very small part of my actual mental processing time. Much of my life is spent writing things down on paper, reading, interacting with a small set of friends, going to classes, and watching movies.

Do you spend your time just hanging on social networks, not doing anything in particular?

I spend most of the time creating interesting long conversations via "comments" and, eventually, producing opportunities hang out with the people I find most interesting.

Which social network do you spend the most time on?

Facebook and INFJs Forums. By far.

@IrenaShav

First of all, INFJs Forums is a "social network," in my opinion. There is testimony to show that this is a significant, vital social community for many users.

I agree that this forum is a social community, but there's a difference between a social community and social network. This is according to Wikipedia:
"A social networking service is an online service, platform, or site that focuses on building and reflecting of social networks or social relations among people, who, for example, share interests and/or activities. A social network service consists of a representation of each user (often a profile), his/her social links, and a variety of additional services. Most social network services are web-based and provide means for users to interact over the Internet, such as e-mail and instant messaging. Online community services are sometimes considered as a social network service, though in a broader sense, social network service usually means an individual-centered service whereas online community services are group-centered. Social networking sites allow users to share ideas, activities, events, and interests within their individual networks."

So, forums can be considered social networks, but strictly speaking, they aren't yet officially recognized as such. But everyone is entitled to their opinion.

[MENTION=3557]IrenaShav[/MENTION]

Good call.

Perhaps the group-centered nature of these forums is what I like about them. They seem more supportive than an individual-centered network for those who would like to stick with it for a while. The facebook network is very flashy and seem too competitive. On there, I want to hide my information more than share it. The opposite is true here.