Are you addicted to social networks? | INFJ Forum

Are you addicted to social networks?

How much time do you spend on social networks?

• Not much, a couple hours a week at most

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Somewhat less than hour a day

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • 1-2 hours a day

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • 3-5 hours a day

• More than 5 hours a day

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • I don't use social networks

• Total voters

IrenaShav

Regular Poster
Jan 3, 2011
MBTI
INFP
Enneagram
Type 6
Are you a social networks addict? Do you use them every day? Could you imagine your life without them?
Do you spend your time just hanging on social networks, not doing anything in particular?
Which social network do you spend the most time on?

would this forum be considered a social network? >_>

In all honesty, I would consider this forum a social network.

Not really. Maybe it is a kind of a social network in a broader sense of word, but I meant the biggest and most popular ones like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and so on, where connecting with other people is the most important thing. The forums don't count in the strict sense, because they're more about discussing subjects and less about finding and using contacts, and they're not yet officialy considered social networks.

I don't use them and I think they are a plague upon the internet.

Not really. Maybe it is a kind of a social network in a broader sense of word, but I meant the biggest and most popular ones like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and so on, where connecting with other people is the most important thing. The forums don't count in the strict sense, because they're more about discussing subjects and less about finding and using contacts, and they're not yet officialy considered social networks.

In that case, I don't really use them much. However I do use this site more as a social network to connect with friends of mine here than I do as a discussion board.

I use facebook for academic reasons/convenience/keeping in touch with people not in my area or country, but besides that I am on a massive deleting spree. I have Google+, which I barely use. Other than that...Don't use them much

Well, I was about to give into facebook, but because I didn't give them my phone number they locked my account. Then they said I could still reactivate it if I gave them a picture of my photo ID. I think it's pretty annoying and invasive to have to do that, so I have yet to give in.

Well, I was about to give into facebook, but because I didn't give them my phone number they locked my account.

Really? That's the first time I hear something like that hapenned with facebook, quite an abomination, but I can't say it surprises me. I never filled the info on my phone number and never gave it to facebook in any other way, but they did no such crap to me.

Really? That's the first time I hear something like that hapenned with facebook, quite an abomination, but I can't say it surprises me. I never filled the info on my phone number and never gave it to facebook in any other way, but they did no such crap to me.

Yeah, well here's how it went. I had an account that I barely ever used. I only signed up to keep in touch with a friend who had dropped off the face of the planet, and that was the only means to establish contact. So barely ever used it. One time when logging in I got a prompt to give them my phone number in order to "make my experience more secure" but there was no way to log in without doing so. So I let that rest for a while and later on decided to go ahead and do that (or buy a cheap burner phone just for that purpose). Lo and behold I found out that the account was disabled, and the only option I was given via email was to give them a copy of my ID.

My boyfriend says I'm addicted to facebook. You know what I say?!...

Maaaaybe.

Yeah, well here's how it went. I had an account that I barely ever used. I only signed up to keep in touch with a friend who had dropped off the face of the planet, and that was the only means to establish contact. So barely ever used it. One time when logging in I got a prompt to give them my phone number in order to "make my experience more secure" but there was no way to log in without doing so. So I let that rest for a while and later on decided to go ahead and do that (or buy a cheap burner phone just for that purpose). Lo and behold I found out that the account was disabled, and the only option I was given via email was to give them a copy of my ID.

Hahaha... it looks like you were actively jeopardizing the safety of facebook by refusing to give them your phone number and ID. You had to be punished. :m146:

Is Tumblr a social network? I love my tumblr because I can collect art on it. That's the only use I see from it, tbh.

Are you a social networks addict?
absolutely not

Do you use them every day?
no. i have a facebook account but i don't play games or interact with people there. occasionally i will pop in to see what's happening, or get in touch with someone for something specific

Could you imagine your life without them?
yeah no problem

Do you spend your time just hanging on social networks, not doing anything in particular?
no

Which social network do you spend the most time on?
as i said i only have a facebook account, and don't really use it.

i would consider discussion forums such as this one to be social networking in a way too. even though there's more structured discussion it's still a place to hang out and have a laugh or conversation with others.
i really enjoy coming in here when i've got time to spend, but if i found i could no longer do that i'd just find some other way to spend my time.

Well, I was about to give into facebook, but because I didn't give them my phone number they locked my account. Then they said I could still reactivate it if I gave them a picture of my photo ID. I think it's pretty annoying and invasive to have to do that, so I have yet to give in.

i never had to give any of that info to get a facebook account.

Reactions: Peppermint
I use Facebook a lot for keeping touch with people, but I wouldn't say I'm addicted. I think I post once a week.

I just like using FB, mostly because of games. Secondarily to talk shit.

[MENTION=2434]Black Sheep[/MENTION]

Your stalemate situation is impressive. Your hold-out is typical of many Sensors. :D