• No

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Kinda

Votes: 13 35.1%

• Total voters
Everyone is going to say yes.

Everyone is going to say yes.

Haha!

I try fairly hard to be, but of course fine sand slips through cracks in the ground.

I've become aware recently of the idea that efforts to be morally upright render a person sad. I think there's a good deal of truth in it. I spend a lot of my time reflecting on my actions and actions-to-be and I focus a lot on my underlying motives and whether they're pure or not; it's sufficient to drive a person mad.

Actually no. I find it very hard at times to reconcile my emotions with what is morally right/wrong.

How are you people differentiating "kinda" moral from "yes" moral? Are you saying that the only people that could be definitely considered moral are moral perfectionists? Because I wouldn't agree with that notion.

I'm moral. I'm not perfect, I slip up at times but I always know when I do and my conscience always hears about it. It doesn't let me get away with anything! :p

I'm not sure. I don't believe in a objective morality system which I suppose means I'm a moral relativist. That should make me amoral yet there are still things I believe to be right and wrong. I'm not sure if these beliefs were brought about by societal influence or if they're part of my genetic make-up.

I have morals which I usually abide by and so that implies I'm a moral person. I don't know if that makes me a good person though.

No, not fully. I do get myself into trouble sometimes. I try to be "good" but it can be difficult.

What would you all consider the difference between Ethics and Morals?

No, I'm more concerned with being ethical than moral. I don't have a robust way of differentiating the two, but in general I see ethics as being pragmatic and utilitarian while morality is like some magical force that permeates the universe.

No. I just do whatever seems right at the time. Any moral code I'd come up with I'd be able to rationalize away anyway so why bother ya know? I just have a few general principles but I often act against them for my own benefit/pleasure.

Reactions: SpecialEdition
How are you people differentiating "kinda" moral from "yes" moral? Are you saying that the only people that could be definitely considered moral are moral perfectionists? Because I wouldn't agree with that notion.

I voted "kinda." When I say/do something I don't often consider how it's going to affect anyone else. I do what comes naturally to me regardless of social consequences. It seems that what is socially acceptable ties into what is "moral" and "ethical" in some cases. Sometimes what comes naturally to me falls in line with that and sometimes it doesn't.

I don't really have my own set morals and ethics. At least nothing I'd be willing to set in stone just in case those beliefs inconvenience me at some point. I just do whatever.

Reactions: the
Morality = principles concerning the distinction between right and wrong or good and bad behavior. The question has to be answered through the lens of ones own definition of right/wrong or good/bad. Thus, what is moral to one may not be to another. What would happen if there were universal principles of morality and there were no grey areas to debate. For starters, the legal system would have to be completely renovated :becky:

I follow my own morals. Sometimes they are in alignment with others and sometimes they are not. Sometimes my perspective is challenged by people with a completely different set of morals then my own. Sometimes this is positive, sometimes it's negative.

How's that for a completely vague, non-commital answer :becky:.

Reactions: Lemonworld
I voted "kinda." When I say/do something I don't often consider how it's going to affect anyone else. I do what comes naturally to me regardless of social consequences. It seems that what is socially acceptable ties into what is "moral" and "ethical" in some cases. Sometimes what comes naturally to me falls in line with that and sometimes it doesn't.

I don't really have my own set morals and ethics. At least nothing I'd be willing to set in stone just in case those beliefs inconvenience me at some point. I just do whatever.

So basically, you voted "kinda" because you do whatevs but sometimes that happens to align with someone's moral code. Ic. I'm sure different posters have different reasons for it. Via your method, I would always be moral lol.

So basically, you voted "kinda" because you do whatevs but sometimes that happens to align with someone's moral code. Ic. I'm sure different posters have different reasons for it. Via your method, I would always be moral lol.

You got it!

'Amoral' is a more decisive choice. Not that I am.

I follow the basic rules.

i try hard to be moral, and when i realize i havent been moral, i feel guilty for a long time, until i either apologize or make amends somehow. i am flawed so i know ill slip up, but i def try.

i believe i am moral, i'm trying to stay that way but i slip from time to time....fortunately i pick myself up and try to learn from my mistakes so that they don't happen again or at least not often

Yes. It is not a forced function, but I'm an example to others (my kids.) Moral behavior takes on new meaning when others are influenced by your actions.