Are NFPs too much work to deal with? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Are NFPs too much work to deal with?

Don't think it necessarily has to do with honesty... more with wanting to protect your inner thoughts/feelings - when someone else is constantly prying them out.

And I quote:
I get the sense that she's constantly parsing my feelings to check whether I am being honest, dishonest, favorable, or fake.

The more I think about it the I think you could be right and the OP is just such a horrible communicator that Ne (or whatever super mind reading powers INFPs have) is the only way to communicate effectively with him.

Last edited:
Reactions: hush and Gaze
What I am getting is that you have a problem being honest. Secondly, someone who can tell when you are/are not being honest is someone you dont want to interact with. I find that disturbing.
There are different levels of honesty. For example, I don't find it necessary to communicate my internal emotional state to someone or communicate how I feel about someone. In other words, I don't see the need to tell someone that I don't like them.

If you're referring to honesty on matters of fact, then I tend to be honest and I have no qualms telling someone. I would have a problem lying about those facts.

I think they can be a lot of fun.

I am not really interested in reading other people or discerning their secrets.
In fact, I could mostly care less. It just so happens that people open up to me and tell me these things anyway. Which is ok..

I give everyone the benefit of the doubt and accept them at face value until they do something to make me suspicious. I don't go looking for things. I think you got this all the wrong way, guy. Are you sure you are talking about INFPs or that you are able to identify types?

INFPs are usually the aloof ones trying to hide their feelings. If you've managed to meet an INFP who does take the time to focus on your emotional state instead of the zillion other things going on around them and inside their own head, I'd say it sounds like that INFP must like you a whole lot to give you all that attention..

Most of my friends are INFPs and ENFPs.. and I live with an ENFP. They just kind of go with the flow and are more concerned with telling jokes than getting inside anyone's head.

Last edited:
INFPs are usually the aloof ones trying to hide their feelings.
Ok, you got me there. I have a classmate who might be INFP, then. He's very much trying to hide his feelings. (which I have no problem with in INFPs). :)

It might be the fact that this one officer/captain is a bit of an asshole (which can exist within any type), even when he's joking it feels like he's pulling out/quickly discerning - my inner thoughts/fears and making light of them (which I don't appreciate - even if it is a joke).

It might be the fact that this one officer/captain is a bit of an asshole (which can exist within any type), even when he's joking it feels like he's pulling out/quickly discerning - my inner thoughts/fears and making light of them (which I don't appreciate - even if it is a joke).

I wonder if you might use my method of waiting for and looking primarily for his Fi to appear, because that is probably the "real self" inside him that is really directing his Ne.

I wonder if you might use my method of waiting for and looking primarily for his Fi to appear, because that is probably the "real self" inside him that is really directing his Ne.

How does Fi appear to you?
What are some tell-tale signs you've picked up on?

Have you considered how much your fears and thoughts negatively effect your job? Perhaps you would like to grow as a human being. Probably not.

Reactions: the
Fi's can be real jerks, because they care more about their own feelings. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQ2QbS-EgrM&feature=related

You're saying some conflicting things. First, you describe NFPs almost like they're some super-empaths who have concerned themselves with your feelings, next they care more about their own feelings. If they were so wrapped up in their own emotions, I can't see them reaching out to yours.

So, you have a problem with Fi and Ne? Does that mean that in conversation you also have issues with INTPs and ENTPs? And also ISFPs and ESFPs?

It's interesting, what you have claimed to be "too much work to deal with" are your top two functions, just the introversion/extroversion flipped. I wonder if you simply don't like what you can't understand.

Also, are you even sure that the offending people are NFPs? Two of my siblings are confirmed NFPs, and my brother (a loving, caring ENFP who would never insist that someone is feeling a certain way) and sister (INFP) don't really display the superpowers you have described. They are also not too much work to deal with.

Or are you certain that what you're describing are traits that can be attributed to all NFPs? Is this only based on a couple experiences you have had with people who could possibly NFPs, as opposed to a large quantity of confirmed NFPs? If you had come across many, many, many people who were undeniably NFP and actually did what you said in the OP (and if you knew these people well, which would allow you to weed out other aspects of their personalities beyond the limited scope of MBTI that might explain their behavior, not simply a claim of Fi/Ne), this might have been more convincing.

Reactions: Gaze and endersgone
My inner world is much more developed than my emotional world, so people with a rich emotional world sometimes overwhelm me and bore me, if they talk too much about feelings. But in small amounts, I want them in my life. What I'm more interested in in ENFPs is they craazy Ne action. That's what I look for the most atleast. And then I want to meet Tes, because both of them have a stimulating inner world. And I'm looking for alot of what they have, to be stronger in myself. I want to be more stable emotionally, I want to be able to think and move forward more.

Oh, and the ENFP rant. Sometimes, they go on rants, they seem to lose contact of themselves, they look really crazy, like I can only see their eye whites, it's really funny and awesome to see.

Last edited:
During my incredibly limited exposure to that type[admitidlly i hardly knew.......erme....any of them...closely] I find that they tend to be...this....erme....idk.....how to-say-it.......Right, lemme cope with this as I write so bare you with me. I'd start again...and say, inna catch phrase "Fond of using emotions to manipluate", and erme.....they give of this aura like they invisible to the nakeed eye, which to me, is laughable, for that .....erme....reason.....or with that reasoning, and experince, I'd say .......going back to the subject....they can be a handful to deal with, but it's worth winning there trust in the long-term <3

Reactions: Kmal
During my incredibly limited exposure to that type[admitidlly i hardly knew.......erme....any of them...closely] I find that they tend to be...this....erme....idk.....how to-say-it.......Right, lemme cope with this as I write so bare you with me. I'd start again...and say, inna catch phrase "Fond of using emotions to manipluate", and erme.....they give of this aura like they invisible to the nakeed eye, which to me, is laughable, for that .....erme....reason.....or with that reasoning, and experince, I'd say .......going back to the subject....they can be a handful to deal with, but it's worth winning there trust in the long-term <3

I feel there is innuendo embedded everywhere in this but I am at a loss to interpret this horrible mess.

Reactions: acd and Gaze

lolwut?

I think I might have caught "emotionally manipulative," "handful to deal with," and "aura like they invisible to the naked eye" in there. Care to expand on that?