Are NFPs too much work to deal with? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Are NFPs too much work to deal with?

I'm not sure about going into details, I can't speak for anyone except myself.

I think I can be emotionally overbearing sometimes.

I'm not quite sure about the scrutinizing aspect of INFPs, although I'm sure some have it. (Maybe that person is just a jerk, lol jk. :p)

That being said, I've met a lot of other INFPs that I think are sweet and are really enjoyed.

Reactions: hush and Gaze
How does Fi appear to you?
What are some tell-tale signs you've picked up on?
It appears like someone holding himself back from saying something. Usually it is when I see someone and they just stare at me with bewilderment. They may be more or less talkative depending on their life experience, but that direct silent gaze is very tell-tale. There's that very distinct stare. (These are self-reported INFPs I'm referring to, at the moment.) I would say that Fi shows up whenever someone who seems like they are about to share some emotion but does not and prefers to hold it in without much effort.

This would explain the stone face on INTJs as well. :)

One typologist says that Fi's tend to smile with just the mouth.

I think I can be emotionally overbearing sometimes.

I'm not quite sure about the scrutinizing aspect of INFPs, although I'm sure some have it. (Maybe that person is just a jerk, lol jk. :p)

That being said, I've met a lot of other INFPs that I think are sweet and are really enjoyed.
They can be overbearing when they're anxious about something in their own thoughts and feelings, apparently. Is this true? And maybe when they're scrutinizing, they're really just preoccupied with their own feelings (Fi).

But they can definitely be sweet. That's incontrovertible. Some of them.

If you knew how to deal with it, maybe it wouldn't be a problem.
That reminds me. I've figured out a suitable "translation" for Ne statements. Here's my translation process:

1. Listen to Ne statement.
2. Cringe silently.
3. Appear bewildered and startled (which is the "honest" response that Fi's are used to seeing).
4. Smile and acknowledge briefly.
5. Continue with internal Ni/Fi thoughts.

inna catch phrase "Fond of using emotions to manipluate", and erme.....they give of this aura like they invisible to the nakeed eye, which to me, is laughable
Thank you. Finally... someone who understands!

So, you have a problem with Fi and Ne? Does that mean that in conversation you also have issues with INTPs and ENTPs? And also ISFPs and ESFPs?

It's interesting, what you have claimed to be "too much work to deal with" are your top two functions, just the introversion/extroversion flipped. I wonder if you simply don't like what you can't understand.
I have known a few persons who tested INFP, one tested ENFP, and two INTP. (ISFPs and ESFPs are a different animal, since Ne is inferior.) In most cases, it seems they have a way of throwing statements (judgments) out there that attempt to summarize a situation without taking much patience to explain their motives or where they're coming from.

There is apparently a world of difference between Fi and Fe, or Ni and Ne. But interestingly I have few qualms about my ENTP friend.

They can be overbearing when they're anxious about something in their own thoughts and feelings, apparently. Is this true? And maybe when they're scrutinizing, they're really just preoccupied with their own feelings (Fi).

But they can definitely be sweet. That's incontrovertible. Some of them.

Yes, that's berry berry true.

Now that I think about it, I may have come off that way in a similar situation (thinking about feelings).

Not some of them.

ALL OF THEM GRrrrrrRRRrr

:mwaa:

Psych. :p

Truthfully, I have been extremely annoyed by an INFP and ENFP before. I wonder if that's because we were so alike, or if it was that one quality that stood out that was so different.

"Pattern Surfing: Ne involves interpreting situations and relationships, and picking up meanings and interconnections, seeing patterns emerging. Ne is useful in getting the gist of a situation very quickly. It has an uncanny instinct for spotting trends and possible future developments, often before others are even mildly aware of them.

Brainstorming: Ne involves entertaining a wealth of possible interpretations from just one idea. Using this process, we can juggle many different ideas, thoughts, beliefs, and meanings in our mind at once with the possibility that they are all true. By using this process one can really appreciate brainstorming and trust what emerges, enjoying imaginative play with scenarios and combining possibilities, using a kind of cross-contextual thinking.

Essence Reading: Fi is considering importance and worth. It allows one to decide if something is of significance and worth standing up for. It serves as a filter for information that matches what is valued, wanted, or worth believing in. There can be a continual weighing of the situational worth or importance of everything and patient balancing of the core issues of peace and conflict in life

Im sorry, but the whole OP sounds surreal.

Reactions: acd
I feel really uncomfortable saying that ALL xNFPs are unbearable or complicated or *insert stress related adjective here*.

I think it depends more to do with the person, their understand of emotional intelligence, and their ability to accept other people's boundaries and mental spaces.

Engaged to an NFP for nearly 5 years... would I do it again? Probably not.

Engaged to an NFP for nearly 5 years... would I do it again? Probably not.

Mind if I ask, what happened or what about your ex being an INFP that didn't work for your relationship?

Mind if I ask, what happened or what about your ex being an INFP that didn't work for your relationship?

Obsessively tried to look after me, and was constantly needing stimulation from me that I have not encountered with others since. He also shut down all opinions or ideas that did not correlate with his ethical outlook.

There was no personal space with him, zero.

Also, totally uninterested in being physically intimate with me. He was always too busy in his mind searching 'higher plains of consciousness'

Obsessively tried to look after me, and was constantly needing stimulation from me that I have not encountered with others since. He also shut down all opinions or ideas that did not correlate with his ethical outlook.

Also, totally uninterested in being physically intimate with me. He was always too busy in his mind searching 'higher plains of consciousness'

Ah, hmm. So, you think he was an INFP or ENFP?

What do you mean? Was he too clingy?

Sounds abnormal for an INFP...

Reactions: Gaze
Now that I think about it, one of the supervisors I've had might have been INFP or ENFP as well. She was always literally at my emotional throat trying to read me and blurting out what she thought I was feeling. She was always digging to turn me into one of her pet projects, while all the other coworkers aren't manipulatable by her, because they obviously don't "read" as much as I do. I wanted harmony but she manipulated this so that she could be emotionally enmeshed with me. (She was a divorced mother. No husband in the house. Go figure.)
I hate people like that... I was almost in a similar situation, but with an INTJ (!)

Reactions: knight in battle
Ah, hmm. So, you think he was an INFP or ENFP?

I think he has more Fi dominant than Ne, despite him thinking he's an ENFP.

Clingy wouldn't quite be the word... He was full on superglued to my side ALL day. He'd come into my work and do his homework/studies there because he couldn't spare the thought of being away from me.

He wasn't a healthy INFP.

Reactions: mochi

Clingy wouldn't quite be the word... He was full on superglued to my side ALL day. He'd come into my work and do his homework/studies there because he couldn't spare the thought of being away from me.

He wasn't a healthy INFP.

So, he wanted to be with you all day but he didn't want to be physically intimate?

So, he wanted to be with you all day but he didn't want to be physically intimate?

The idea of sex was abhorrent to him.