Apostelytizer's challenge | INFJ Forum

Apostelytizer's challenge

Stu

Town Drunkard
Donor
Oct 30, 2009
MBTI
Enneagram
My avatar is awesome, I put it together after being on the forum for a few weeks and used it briefly in my "illegal" incarnation as "Rezityletsopa"

Would anyone care to gnosticacte upon its mystical meanings?

extra point, what too concepts am I ramming together in my user name? (hint, are contrary to each other)

Last edited:
My avatar is awesome, I put it together after being on the forum for a few weeks and used it briefly in my "illegal" incarnation as "Rezityletsopa"

Would anyone care to gnosticacte upon its mystical meanings?

extra point, what too concepts am I ramming together in my user name?

You have too much time on your hands?

It's about the balance between religion and logic/science

It's about the balance between religion and logic/science

Kinda of yes, that is what the monk is all about but what is in the back round and how does that relate to the balance?

Kinda of yes, that is what the monk is all about but what is in the back round and how does that relate to the balance?
The back looks kind of like brocaded fabric - the kind that ecclesiastical vestments are made from. However, it features geometric patterns. So it is woven with technical skill and used for religious purposes.

?

The back looks kind of like brocaded fabric - the kind that ecclesiastical vestments are made from. However, it features geometric patterns. So it is woven with technical skill and used for religious purposes.

?

It is not a fabric.

A monk seriously questioning his faith. He is torn between the logical and the mystical world. He is doubting creationism at the altar of evolution. He is standing inside the church of evolution with cave drawings as holy scripture, which is testing his faith.

That's what I see in your avatar.

A monk seriously questioning his faith. He is torn between the logical and the mystical world. He is doubting creationism at the altar of evolution. He is standing inside the church of evolution with cave drawings as holy scripture, which is testing his faith.

You beat me to it. Thats pretty much what I was going to say.

What do we win?

The monk is thinking rationally about revolutions. "cave drawings as holy scripture" this is close. The markings do appear underground at a "holy place" and are associated with "revolutions".

Apostate and Proselytise

One is to convert people to your opinion the other is to lose your own religion

Is the carving from Royston cave? Is it St.Catherine's wheel? If so the legend goes that she was to be broken on the wheel but like all christian stuff it shouldn't be read literally...the wheel probably represents the 4 seasons of the year shown in 8 festivals.

The monk feels his thoughts stem more from the gnostic tradition than from his original roman catholic beliefs.

He is thinking rationally about the cycles of the seasons and the planet.....heresy under the catholic church

Last edited:
Apostate and Proselytise

One is to convert people to your opinion the other is to lose your own religion

Is the carving from Royston cave? Is it St.Catherine's wheel? If so the legend goes that she was to be broken on the wheel but like all christian stuff it shouldn't be read literally...the wheel probably represents the 4 seasons of the year shown in 8 festivals.

The monk feels his thoughts stem more from the gnostic tradition than from his original roman catholic beliefs.

He is thinking rationally about the cycles of the seasons and the planet.....heresy under the catholic church

It is the back stone at New Grange with the solstice sunlight on it. Excellent Muir! I am impressed.