Anyone a fan of True Blood (HBO series)? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Anyone a fan of True Blood (HBO series)?

Yayyyyyyy, True Blood! Can't wait for Season 3 to start tomorrow! I've read a few of the books, but not all of them yet. I didn't want to get too far ahead of the shows!

I don't have a crush on any of the dudes.... I liked Rene the best until...well, you know. *shrug....*

bump

I find this entertainingly appropriate.

Attachments

• blood.jpg
    blood.jpg
    261.7 KB · Views: 8
Web comics don't lie.

Actually, it's the fact that the things women are attracted to in men can be exaggerated in vampires... strength of personality, power, detachment, dangerous, elusiveness, uniqueness, the drive to meet their needs by taking from women, dominance, direction, etc.

The analogy for vampires feeding relates to how men feed their sexual needs from the hearts of the women who give it to them. It's an act of giving from the deepest innermost part of their being.

Vampire fiction can be a perfect exaggeration of how to fulfill female sexual / emotional needs. In other words, pay attention, son.

Actually, it's the fact that the things women are attracted to in men can be exaggerated in vampires... strength of personality, power, detachment, dangerous, elusiveness, uniqueness, the drive to meet their needs by taking from women, dominance, direction, etc.

The analogy for vampires feeding relates to how men feed their sexual needs from the hearts of the women who give it to them. It's an act of giving from the deepest innermost part of their being.

Vampire fiction can be a perfect exaggeration of how to fulfill female sexual / emotional needs. In other words, pay attention, son.

No, it's easy to exaggerate any male role to fit the desires of women. super heroes, fire fighters, rouges and knights have held the same position as vampires do now. strength, bravery, cunning and chivalry have played part not in any one of these but in all of them.

While the comic was entirely in jest on my part and aimed at the mostly female audience, I still disagree. The truth of vampires and the history they hold are far from what holywood has made them, sex appeal to the masses.

Yes I love it.

Jason, Sam, Eric, Jessica, Lafayette they have some great characters.

Last edited:
Reactions: dneecey
So what did people think of the season 3 premier?? (Just watched it!!)

So what did people think of the season 3 premier?? (Just watched it!!)

Sorry, didn't respond to this. I think it could've been better but now we see that it was a build up to some interesting storylines.

Luv, luv, luuuv Russel. :D

I cannot even tell you how much I LOVE this show.

I cannot even tell you how much I LOVE this show.

agreed. I wish they'd bring alcide (the hot werewolf) back because.. well.. he was hotttt

agreed. I wish they'd bring alcide (the hot werewolf) back because.. well.. he was hotttt

You better believe he was.

I am going to be pissed right off if Eric dies.

True Blood is on tonight.

Perhaps, I should give this show a go....

Reactions: Gaze
Love the show, read all of the books. Y'all can have Eric (though he is drool-worthy), I personally like Jason and Bill.

Devildoll is right, the books aren't terribly well written but they are good nonetheless. I think Charlene Harris' writing gets better as the series goes on. I say don't be afraid to read them, thinking that it's going to spoil the show. It's loosely based on the books, and I mean very loosely. I found myself somewhat disappointed that the show doesn't follow the books very closely, yet I am somewhat glad because this way there is some surprise in store for me on the show.

Reactions: Gaze
Since, you are a fan, Vicarious. Could you explain the appeal of vampires because I don't get it?

my favorite cap has "Fangtasia" across the front. .
I love the book series. . the HBO series is ok, but pale compared to the books

Reactions: Vicarious
I adore the show but haven't read the books. I'd like to. I always like to read the books if I see a movie or show that's based off of them.

[MENTION=3710]kiu[/MENTION]

I honestly don't know. I wonder if it's just the awesomeness of the idea of being immortal, of being able to wield so much power over humans, or something like that. I even found myself attracted to Dracula (Keanu Reeves was awful in that movie, just saying, lol) and Gary Oldman isn't exactly what most would consider hot.

One thing I love about this series is that it offers not only vampires but a whole realm of supernatural beings; werewolves, shifters, witches, etc. Really anything supernatural interests me.

Reactions: not sure