Anyone a fan of True Blood (HBO series)? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Anyone a fan of True Blood (HBO series)?

Oh its on! :m194:

I'm sorry, were you saying something . . .

Eric+Northman2.jpg

couldn't hear you, was a bit distracted . . .

I don't share! but i do like to show off...so here have a look :p

alexander_skarsgard1.jpg

alexander-skarsgard-6.jpg

Well, I wouldn't kick him out of bed but... not my type :) This is Eric?

While Erik on the show is definitely hot, I think the Erik in my head from the books is hotter. Always seems to work out that way, doesn't it? =/

Godric > Eric, sorry.

allan-hyde-shirtless-godric-true-blood-02.jpg

godric_03_800.jpg

I have to admit, I'd choose Godric over Eric in a heartbeat.

godric_02_800.jpg

What a back. :mf:

He must be a show only character. The show is soooo different from the books. I'm not caught up on the show enough to know who he is. He looks short, though. And I'm tall. That wouldn't work. =/ Is it weird that I still consider height even though he's just a dude on tv??

He must be a show only character. The show is soooo different from the books. I'm not caught up on the show enough to know who he is. He looks short, though. And I'm tall. That wouldn't work. =/ Is it weird that I still consider height even though he's just a dude on tv??

Hahah.. No. It's not weird. It's cute.

And I haven't read the books. I should though. ><

I believe he's known as Godfrey in the books except the character on the show isn't a pedophile.

Vampire fiction is something of a guilty pleasure of mine. I had somewhat high hopes for this show when I started watching it (I thought it might be more mature than the rest of the garbage aimed at horny teenagers), but I was instantly repelled by the first episode.

1. What's up with everyone having that gross redneck accent?! *shudder*
2. GAH, too much sex scenes being showed into my face, it's the very first ep ffs!
3. Lastly, the female lead. I thought she was kinda badass when she literally whipped those guys with a chain, but then enter Mr.Vampire, and she's literally reduced to spending the rest of the episode ogling him with a semi psychotic, semi retarded facial expression like some piece of meat. I half expected actual saliva starting to trickle down her chin.

Vampire fiction is something of a guilty pleasure of mine. I had somewhat high hopes for this show when I started watching it (I thought it might be more mature than the rest of the garbage aimed at horny teenagers), but I was instantly repelled by the first episode.

2. GAH, too much sex scenes being showed into my face, it's the very first ep ffs!
3. Lastly, the female lead. I thought she was kinda badass when she literally whipped those guys with a chain, but then enter Mr.Vampire, and she's literally reduced to spending the rest of the episode ogling him with a semi psychotic, semi retarded facial expression like some piece of meat. I half expected actual saliva starting to trickle down her chin.

This is from Wikipedia

True Blood is an American television drama series created and produced by Alan Ball. It is based on the The Southern Vampire Mysteries series of novels by Charlaine Harris, and details the co-existence of vampires and humans in Bon Temps, a fictional small Louisiana town.

The performers do an adequate job with their accents. I no longer expect perfect southern accents when I watch a movie or television show. Either you get 1860's southern or generic terribad redneck southern most of the time, True Blood is allright. One of my good friends is a coonass, his accent gets thicker and tougher to understand the drunker he gets. I can't think of any true coonass accents in True Blood. I think Justified does a pretty good job with accents, although a Kentucky native would have a better ear for authenticity.

1. That's how we talk down here, and to be honest this is one of the first shows I've seen where the accents are correct on most of the actors (exempting the female lead who does sound terrible).
2. The sex scenes in the first episode were to hook viewers. There have been a few more, but nothing like the first episode.
3. I think the writer didn't really understand the main character until she got deeper into the story, because aside from that one incident, she's never really done anything involving that much martial prowess again. And yes, the series does seem to center around the main character drooling over vampires.

Give it a few more episodes. Season 2 was better than season 1, and season 3 promises to be better than both. We're getting werewolves. Rarr.

[youtube]D1FGBheLutA[/youtube]

[youtube]y3F2v3yrmi0[/youtube]

I love you for posting this. I am confused as to how I haven't seen it before, but who cares. *sets off to find it bigger*

Oh, by the way, I'm also a True Blood fanatic! The show, not the books. I tried to start the first book and I just couldn't read it. I didn't find it well written.

Never seen it, only heard of it recently. But apparently I have the first season on a harddrive.

I felt this way about True Blood when I first started watching it and stopped early in the 1st season. Fortunately, I went back to it, and have really grown to appreciate it. It gets much better as the characters and the plot develops. After being EXTREMELY disappointed with the Twilight series, True Blood is refreshing and it really pushes the limits with good/evil, sexuality, and religion (among other things).

While Erik on the show is definitely hot, I think the Erik in my head from the books is hotter. Always seems to work out that way, doesn't it? =/

Oh yes...my Eric is...soooo much better...

Godric is in the books book 2 he is the one who was a pedophile yes, and definately not Erics maker. Godfrey is some one else...icant remember who off the top of my head.

Reminder:

Premiere tomorrow (Sunday) at 9:00 pm with a 15 minute pre-show at 8:45 pm.

Reminder:

Premiere tomorrow (Sunday) at 9:00 pm with a 15 minute pre-show at 8:45 pm.

OH!!! I wish I had HBO! I wish I had HBO!!!! Why am I so cheap that I never got premium cable!??!!!???

Sorry, about the rant...just mad with myself.