Any New Year's Resolutions? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Any New Year's Resolutions?

This New Year's, I resolve to become better organized. And by "better organized", I mean 'hire an assistant.'

I also resolve to drink more. And by "drink more", I mean 'alcohol'. I don't drink much and I believe it's time for a change.

Create more art
Smoke less pot
Continue working on raising my energetic vibrations
Be still and enjoy the small things

Move from my city
Quit ciggarrettes.

Ok, first let me say I think forming a new year's resolution is just ridiculous and is only setting yourself to fail. Here's why: if you declare that you need to make a change, then you should be able to do it at any time without using the idea of "new year new possibilities" as an excuse. If you think that some arbitrary point in time has some deep profound meaning of change simply because your calendar gets replaced by a new number, then you probably need to detatch from your cling to "tradition" and realize that days are only different than other days based upon the choices you make. Secondly, the best way, in my opinion, to correct a problematic behaviour you possess, is to realIze that your behavior/habit is detrimental to yourself or others and to actively make changes to prevent your continued destruction of self. Let's say you vow to quit smoking; honestly, you'll find that on the last couple of days before new year's day you smoke as much as you can and think something along the lines of "well, I had better enjoy this while it lasts and get it out of my system, then I'll be ready to quit." Bullshit. The same goes for dieting, "being a better person", going to church more often, etc. Preparing for your new year's resolution only excuses you to persist in your habits and weaknesses, which makes it harder to leave them behind come new years. It's a fact that most people abandon their resolutions within the first couple of months into the new year. I'm not going to give a number and prove it, I'm not a TJ, but this is common knowledge so research for yourselves like I have. In conclusion, it is to my understanding that if you want to make a change, stop making excuses and relying on the social convention of a new year's resolution to better yourselves and just do it. If you're not ready, then that's fine. Make the change when you're ready. Just don't lie to yourselves and set yourselves up for disappointment. Have the power to leave behind your faults when you decide, not when it's the most common tinge to do so.
By the way, I'm not exhibiting any rage or anger here, nor am I being judgmental and pissy. This is just something to think about to encourage others to become better. I do not claim to be perfect or better than any one else and I know that this is just a fun post for people to participate in a fun topic. I'm participating in my silly INFP way. Have a happy New year and always try to be a better "you" every day. Fin

To work hard and provide for my family! To travel and enjoy life as it comes. Uhm. To take more chances, I suppose..

yeah a whole bunch >.<

1. Pass all my classes
  2. Conquer this crazy burnout
  3. Make friends
  4. Stop being invisible

Mine are pretty similar to past years, I think my 2014 list is still up on the 43things.com website, username Lark1, although I tried to make more precise ones with time scales to say they are done or to accept they are failed and to revise the goal.

Sort of like instead of "eat healthy" or "lose weight" I've decided "no chips in month of january", "no fried food february", you know?