• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bs98r3kjf

Feb 27, 2009
MBTI
none
Enneagram
none
I was wondering about the stats for this. Please vote in the poll. And also, feel free to talk about what its like to have ADD/ADHD. How do you know if you have ADD/ADHD? You can tell sometimes if someone has it but can you tell if you have it? If so, how?

Last edited:
Inattention symptoms

In adults, symptoms of inattention, especially those of concentration and organization, often become more dominant than in children.
  • Concentration. Adults with ADD/ADHD have trouble with concentration to an extreme degree. You might have trouble following conversations,

I think I have minor characteristics of 90% of the symptoms, but not enough to get me classified as true ADD. Not entirely sure on that though.

hum is there a cure i wonder?

i had a huge suspicion someone in my old class had it
an incredible trouble-maker
ruined quite a bit of my school experience

nobody would believe me though.

one of the reasons was this part
Inattention symptoms

In adults, symptoms of inattention, especially those of concentration and organization, often become more dominant than in children.
  • Concentration. Adults with ADD/ADHD have trouble with concentration to an extreme degree. You might have trouble following conversations,

I wondered if ADD had anything to do with personality type. I am a teacher. I have a masters degree in education. I have had ADD since childhood. I bounced up and down and rocked back and forth in the car. I was called motor mouth. I am also a victim of trauma and have PTSD. PTSD can muddy the waters because it can mimic ADD. I had ADD first. I take medication. Executive functions of organization are a terrible struggle for me. Dr. Daniel Amen had a great quote. He said for people that have ADD it is like when you are driving a car and when you press the gas the car moves slower. This has been my experience. I will post more later because I think this is a very interesting question.

Inattention symptoms

You should also specify that ADD symptoms must have been present in childhood/or have appeared after head trauma. ADD/ADHD does not arbitrarily show up in adults. Often, mild depression can look like ADD.

Thanks for the insight, I am not knowledgeable on ADD, I just pasted that from a website. Your explanation makes me pretty damn sure I don't have it.

INFJ's and attention disorders don't mix in my eyes. That isn't to say it isn't possible (it certainly is), although it is not common.

While Ni often has a lot of tangential thought patterns, that can seen disorganized, there is often some kind of order to it. Ni is actually pretty organized, just in its own right. Also, because our Ni is filtered through Fe, which is a judging function, it helps solidify Ni into something that can be held and possibly categorized. Fe likes to connect with people, and lots of people, but in an orderly fashion, while still adhearing to a set of "social rules". INFJ's often are prone to having intrusive thoughts, which can cause the mind to drift, but this doesn't really relate to an attention decefict. We often want to focus on something when we need to, but our mind blocks us out from doing so, which is not attention decefict.

The most prone types to attention disorders are the EP's, the least are IJ's.

I am a J by only a few points and the same is also true for my I although the older I get the more I, I become so to speak. It probably depends on where you land on the scale. I have two ADD parents. 1 who is a very strong ADD. Hereditory really plays a strong role in all of this. It really depends on the person and their history rather than blanket assumptions about type. This is what I think.

Yes I do have it. It's genetic and I do take medication.

Last edited:
Like NeverAmI, I have minor characteristics of ADD. Like I tend to have many projects happening at once, though I do usually finish them all. I multi-task alot and do a heap of things at once. I defnitely do not have a full-blown disorder as it doesn't interfere with my life. I was diagnosed with the illness a few years back based on a few symptoms I had and my school reports. The doctor also told me I was gifted. I went on medication for two weeks but eventually quit. It impeded on my natural thought process.

Never been diagnosed nor do i think i have it but can relate to a few of the symptoms mentioned including difficulty completing tasks and underestimating how much time a task takes.

INFJ's and attention disorders don't mix in my eyes. That isn't to say it isn't possible (it certainly is), although it is not common.

While Ni often has a lot of tangential thought patterns, that can seen disorganized, there is often some kind of order to it. Ni is actually pretty organized, just in its own right. Also, because our Ni is filtered through Fe, which is a judging function, it helps solidify Ni into something that can be held and possibly categorized. Fe likes to connect with people, and lots of people, but in an orderly fashion, while still adhearing to a set of "social rules". INFJ's often are prone to having intrusive thoughts, which can cause the mind to drift, but this doesn't really relate to an attention decefict. We often want to focus on something when we need to, but our mind blocks us out from doing so, which is not attention decefict.

The most prone types to attention disorders are the EP's, the least are IJ's.

I agree with IndigoSensor on this point.

actually, while i marked that i don't have ADD.. I think I do.. but it's overattentive ADD.

So basically when I focus on something I block everything else out.

That's what I thought was mostly wrong with me before finding out about infj... Being add-pi i probably from my mother and dad. I even just recently got on stimulant medication for it which has helped a little..

I display not much patience at times and I talk fast but I don't have a problem with it and I can concentrate very well. My mind moves fast.

Last edited:
ADD yes, INFJ yes, meds yes. Diagnosed as an adult to which family and friends muttered "duh".

I know because I've been diagnosed and because
- I lose stuff all the time
- I often forget or am unaware that I'm supposed to be somewhere or do something
- I forget little things all the time-- such as taking money with me when I'm going to the grocery store, taking my key with me when I leave home, returning my library loans, getting on the bus when it comes...
- my room is usually messy despite my efforts to keep it tidy

It wasn't diagnosed until a few years ago. After all, I've always done well at school because I've been able to concentrate on things that are important to me and make sense to me.

Last edited: