[PAX] - ACTUAL Presidential Candidate Discussion 2016 | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

[PAX] ACTUAL Presidential Candidate Discussion 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sure wish you guys would do something about global warming right about now ...

I sure wish you guys would do something about global warming right about now ...

No shit right?!
But instead we have yahoos calling for drone strikes along the US Mexico border.
Then when pressed if he advocated for the blowing up of illegal immigrants…he side-steps and says something about blowing up the underground drug tunnels.
This is the kind of stupid rhetoric that is front page news here because people are creating problems where they don’t really exist.
Yes…we have immigration problems…does it warrant drone strikes along the border? Hell no.
That’s just fucking stupid.
This is from the mouth of the Neurosurgeon candidate…I’m dead serious when I say that some of the most idiotic people I have met have been Surgeons…they have devoted their entire life to one specialty…they are socially retarded and have little common sense in many cases I have seen.

You gotta get behind Bernie Sanders if you want the US to really address climate change.
Everyone else is in the pockets of the energy/oil/coal companies.

11924906_10154181110577908_2468400777572495783_n.png

[video=youtube;R817OCVfHVE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R817OCVfHVE[/video]

[video=youtube;R817OCVfHVE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R817OCVfHVE[/video]

And yet, when you try to make a factual case, with statistical data, it gets ignored, or the site you pulled it from cannot be trusted, or any number of other reasons why it continues on.
Ben Carson wants to use drones to bomb the border…I mean, that’s just cuckoo-bananas.
The Republicans are once again, shooting themselves in the foot by alienating the Hispanic vote…guess what, you could really use their vote, not to mention that whites in this country will soon be the minority race (which has some people shitting their pants as we speak).
It’s counter-intuitive and counter-productive to deport 11 million people…not to mention that according the Congressional Budget Office it would cost more than the undocumented supposedly take and would also take something like 40 years…how stupid.

Wanna know why immigration is all of the sudden so important?
Follow the money...

[video=youtube;q47UUad6f20]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=q47UUad6f20[/video]

Here’s the full version for you too - [video=youtube;0_OLeCmxANA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=0_OLeCmxANA[/video]​

Quantum Political Scientists Hypothesize Country Headed In Both Right And Wrong Directions Simultaneously

800.jpg

And yet, when you try to make a factual case, with statistical data, it gets ignored, or the site you pulled it from cannot be trusted, or any number of other reasons why it continues on.
Ben Carson wants to use drones to bomb the border…I mean, that’s just cuckoo-bananas.
The Republicans are once again, shooting themselves in the foot by alienating the Hispanic vote…guess what, you could really use their vote, not to mention that whites in this country will soon be the minority race (which has some people shitting their pants as we speak).
It’s counter-intuitive and counter-productive to deport 11 million people…not to mention that according the Congressional Budget Office it would cost more than the undocumented supposedly take and would also take something like 40 years…how stupid.

Yeah, it's the USA which is gonna suffer the consequences mainly with that foreign policy. The hispanic population is way too big, and it will just turn into a retarded shit storm internally from both sides. Same thing with foreign countries, many political "leaders" who want more power and influence will point the finger at someone as politically inept as Trump to justificate their moves.

Yeah, it's the USA which is gonna suffer the consequences mainly with that foreign policy. The hispanic population is way too big, and it will just turn into a retarded shit storm internally from both sides. Same thing with foreign countries, many political "leaders" who want more power and influence will point the finger at someone as politically inept as Trump to justificate their moves.

It’s already begun…immigration was at the bottom of the barrel so to speak in terms of issues that the candidates wanted to make the prime points of addressing.
But since Trump has shifted the rhetoric, now all of the sudden, people are trying to “one up Trump” in sounding even more bonkers because it gets them ratings in the polls.
If the Republicans don’t watch themselves they won’t win another election until they make peace with the Hispanic population.

It’s already begun…immigration was at the bottom of the barrel so to speak in terms of issues that the candidates wanted to make the prime points of addressing.
But since Trump has shifted the rhetoric, now all of the sudden, people are trying to “one up Trump” in sounding even more bonkers because it gets them ratings in the polls.
If the Republicans don’t watch themselves they won’t win another election until they make peace with the Hispanic population.

You hit the nail right on the head. It's worth noting that the hispanic vote re-elected Barack Obama in 2012, and unless that demographic can get behind a republican candidate, there's no hope for a "Red White House".

That's one of the reasons why I think that Jeb Bush will be picked as the republican candidate. He speaks Spanish and is married to a hispanic woman. That might not seem like a big deal, but it sends a strong message to the hispanic community. If he can convey some kind of moderate approach to immigration and hispanic values, he might just be one step closer to the White House.

There's no question that Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton will have a harder time with minorities than Obama has had. They both come across as white, privileged upper-class candidates, somewhat out of touch with the average working class minority. They have their work cut out for them to convince the working class that they're going to work for them, and not just the middle class and upwards. If Jeb Bush can pull over just a small number of the hispanic, black and youth vote, he might just win the election.

... Oh, and if anyone is out of touch with minorities it's Donald Trump. His rich-guy arrogance might speak to the hardcore Ayn Rand supporters, but it certainly doesn't translate to the Average Joe that doesn't follow politics until the last 3 weeks before the election. I fear that if it's Hillary vs. Trump, a large amount of voters will stay at home because they don't feel like they have a real choice for the future of the country. If it's Hillary vs. Bush, it might be better for the American democracy.

You hit the nail right on the head. It's worth noting that the hispanic vote re-elected Barack Obama in 2012, and unless that demographic can get behind a republican candidate, there's no hope for a "Red White House".

That's one of the reasons why I think that Jeb Bush will be picked as the republican candidate. He speaks Spanish and is married to a hispanic woman. That might not seem like a big deal, but it sends a strong message to the hispanic community. If he can convey some kind of moderate approach to immigration and hispanic values, he might just be one step closer to the White House.

There's no question that Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton will have a harder time with minorities than Obama has had. They both come across as white, privileged upper-class candidates, somewhat out of touch with the average working class minority. They have their work cut out for them to convince the working class that they're going to work for them, and not just the middle class and upwards. If Jeb Bush can pull over just a small number of the hispanic, black and youth vote, he might just win the election.

... Oh, and if anyone is out of touch with minorities it's Donald Trump. His rich-guy arrogance might speak to the hardcore Ayn Rand supporters, but it certainly doesn't translate to the Average Joe that doesn't follow politics until the last 3 weeks before the election. I fear that if it's Hillary vs. Trump, a large amount of voters will stay at home because they don't feel like they have a real choice for the future of the country. If it's Hillary vs. Bush, it might be better for the American democracy.

I don’t think Bernie Sanders comes across as rich white privileged, if anyone Hilary portrays that too well.
Anyway…it’s going to be a real struggle for them to distance themselves from their angry, racist, commentary when the real debates begin.
They may have already lost with Trump snubbing that Hispanic reported yesterday.

11896217_10154181113562908_2572869445811057737_n.png

I don’t think Bernie Sanders comes across as rich white privileged, if anyone Hilary portrays that too well.

He might not right now, but the Jeb Bush campaign will do everything that they can to make that stick to his image. "He's out of touch with the average American" and "He's been in Washington for so long that he's lost touch with reality" are effective sound-bites.

Anyway…it’s going to be a real struggle for them to distance themselves from their angry, racist, commentary when the real debates begin.
They may have already lost with Trump snubbing that Hispanic reported yesterday.

Nothing's determined at this point. Most Americans don't care about the presidential election until the last few weeks of the campaign, and then they only listen to what the candidates say at that point. Most people don't care what the candidates said to get elected, sadly

And it would destroy our housing and agriculture sectors since those sectors rely so heavily on immigrants. Even today, most of the people deported are men who return anyway because they have families here. We're talking about deporting like 5% of the U.S. workforce and 7% of schoolchildren. It isn't feasible.

If all the people that lived here were allowed to vote, the political landscape of the U.S. southwest would be very different. Texas would probably become democratic. Maybe Arizona too. New Mexico would definitely cease to be a swing state.

I really think we just need to have sane immigration reform. Having immigrants being treated how they are creates a lot of really horrible situations. For instance, if there is an emergency, they might be afraid to go to shelters or wherever because they might be targeted by anti-immigration authorities. And it is horrible that so many people are dying crossing the border. In spite of increasing border security over the years, more people have come. And that is partially a result of our businesses attracting them with jobs and partially a result of us destroying the agriculture sectors of other countries (esp. Mexico) by dumping our surplus food onto them.

He might not right now, but the Jeb Bush campaign will do everything that they can to make that stick to his image. "He's out of touch with the average American" and "He's been in Washington for so long that he's lost touch with reality" are effective sound-bites.

Nothing's determined at this point. Most Americans don't care about the presidential election until the last few weeks of the campaign, and then they only listen to what the candidates say at that point. Most people don't care what the candidates said to get elected, sadly

Of course it’s all just speculation my friend…we will see what actually happens.
I just worry about the Citizen’s United decision that unleashed the floodgates of corporate (some even foreign because you don’t have to disclose the donors) money into the election cycle…it’s seems all very perverted to me.
I don’t think I’m the only one who feels strongly that way either though, so hopefully things will change.

And it would destroy our housing and agriculture sectors since those sectors rely so heavily on immigrants. Even today, most of the people deported are men who return anyway because they have families here. We're talking about deporting like 5% of the U.S. workforce and 7% of schoolchildren. It isn't feasible.

If all the people that lived here were allowed to vote, the political landscape of the U.S. southwest would be very different. Texas would probably become democratic. Maybe Arizona too. New Mexico would definitely cease to be a swing state.

I really think we just need to have sane immigration reform. Having immigrants being treated how they are creates a lot of really horrible situations. For instance, if there is an emergency, they might be afraid to go to shelters or wherever because they might be targeted by anti-immigration authorities. And it is horrible that so many people are dying crossing the border. In spite of increasing border security over the years, more people have come. And that is partially a result of our businesses attracting them with jobs and partially a result of us destroying the agriculture sectors of other countries (esp. Mexico) by dumping our surplus food onto them.

And actually…the news doesn’t really broadcast this, but the illegal immigration numbers have been stabilizing and falling - http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2015/07/24/5-facts-about-illegal-immigration-in-the-u-s/

But I agree with everything you wrote!

I actually thought that illegal immigration was linked to the actual ability of the economy to create actual jobs

Hasn't US immigration been close to zero these last 8 years? How is it even an issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.