Barnabas

Time Lord
Oct 7, 2009
Florida man
MBTI
wiblywobly
Enneagram
timeywimey
I thought alot on this a decided to make this thread. I've come to the conclusion that abortion is rediculous 93% of the time.

The most common arguments I hear are :

It's the womens right to do what she wants with her body

What about birth complications?

Rape/Incest abortions due to mental strain.

I'm not ready to have a child.

all of these are almost entirley absurd, with the exception of brith complications.

First of the infant is not a part of the mothers body, it may be inside and attached to the mothe but is not a part of her body.

While i agree that if a doctor decides that it is overly dangerous for the mother to give birth, then she should have the right to abort if it's safer, aborting just because there is a chance of complications is insane due to the likely hood that the mother will be fine.

In the case of rape or incest, the child still has the right to live even if your bothered by the fact that you have to carry it, you don'y have to raise the child but it still deserves it's shot at life.

If the parent is not ready, simply give birth and adopt the child out of your care immediatley after birth. You can go back to school, Parents can have there child, and the child gets to live win, win, win.

The rape arguement is absurd. To act like it is the childs fault for the rape is redic.

Says you.
Get a little God in ya and you're perfectly right to tell women what is and what is not acceptable for them to do with their own bodies.

I think it's ridiculous for you to declare abortion absurd when clearly, you have very little understanding of the matter.

Last edited:
Women shouldnt have the right to leave the house without there husdbands permission, much less to have a aborton.

Reactions: Reon
The rape arguement is absurd. To act like it is the childs fault for the rape is redic.
I would abort a rapist's baby. I'd be hopping pissed if I had to carry that thing to term and tax my body like that after being assaulted.
Thanks but no thanks to that bridge to nowheres.

funny that your replies would have to do with my faith and not counter my arguments.

funny that your replies would have to do with my faith and not counter my arguments.
It is so painfully clear where you are coming from.
There's no point trying to counter your arguments. You didn't post this thread here to be countered.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ecton
From a place where children and infants have rights.
You are oh so righteous. Thanks for givin us women folk whatfor.

There's a big leap you've made there, a bunch of tissue in a womb being a child and having rights..

Last edited:
Says you.
Get a little God in ya and you're perfectly right to tell women what is and what is not acceptable for them to do with their own bodies.

I think it's ridiculous for you to declare abortion absurd when clearly, you have very little understanding of the matter.

I would tell women what to do, God or not.

Women shouldnt have the right to leave the house without there husdbands permission, much less to have a aborton.

This is stupid.
You declare them children and infants... Instead of blastocysts and fetuses.
You can call it whatever you want. I dont want women aborting a blastocyst or a fetus.

Last edited:
Keep this in mind guys. I realise that this is indeed a [PUG] thread, but everyone knows how heated the abortion topic can get. Just know where to drawl the line.

It's not that simple.

Edit: intended in response to the OP.

Last edited:
Keep this in mind guys. I realise that this is indeed a [PUG] thread, but everyone knows how heated the abortion topic can get. Just know where to drawl the line.

aye sir

You are oh so righteous. Thanks for givin us women folk whatfor.

There's a big leap you've made there, a bunch of tissue in a womb being a child and having rights..

let me guess it's just a group of cells right. Where nothing but a group of cells now, There different stages of development in te life of a person. what makes the difference between a child straight out of the womb and one month prior

Where should the line be drawn? PUG is an indicator that the thread is intended for war is it not? Did the proabortion side surrender?

Then elaborate on your declaration of absurdity for the reasons.

Barnabas, I'm not sure what your intent for this thread is?
To let us know that abortion is ridiculous according to him. How many abortion threads will be created until we all understand..

Where should the line be drawn? PUG is an indicator that the thread is intended for war is it not? Did the proabortion side surrender?

You know the drill. Keep it civil. No personal jabs, and nothing overtly inflamatory.

I thought alot on this a decided to make this thread. I've come to the conclusion that abortion is rediculous 93% of the time.

The most common arguments I hear are :

It's the womens right to do what she wants with her body

What about birth complications?

Rape/Incest abortions due to mental strain.

I'm not ready to have a child.

all of these are almost entirley absurd, with the exception of brith complications.

First of the infant is not a part of the mothers body, it may be inside and attached to the mothe but is not a part of her body.

While i agree that if a doctor decides that it is overly dangerous for the mother to give birth, then she should have the right to abort if it's safer, aborting just because there is a chance of complications is insane due to the likely hood that the mother will be fine.

In the case of rape or incest, the child still has the right to live even if your bothered by the fact that you have to carry it, you don'y have to raise the child but it still deserves it's shot at life.

If the parent is not ready, simply give birth and adopt the child out of your care immediatley after birth. You can go back to school, Parents can have there child, and the child gets to live win, win, win.

It seems that you don't understand the arguments as well as you think you do.

Nobody is advocating for abortion. Abortion is a horrible thing, and nobody out there is demanding the right to have abortions. What women are fighting for is the right to do what they will with their own body. Regardless of whether or not a fetus is a "part" of it's mother's body, it exists within it's mother's body, gets all its sustenance and eliminates all it's waste through its mother's body, breath's through it's mother's body, and cannot survive without it's mother's body. Women arguably have a right to do what they will with their own body, including aborting a fetus from it. Does that make it right? Does that make it reasonable? The reality is that it is none of your business. It is the mother who has to live with the decision. That is the reality if she seeks to do it with a licensed doctor, or by herself in a back alley with a coat hanger. The reality is that you can't control, even if you made illegal, what a woman does with her own body.

Of course, what you want to seem to do is give a fetus's life precedence over a mother's liberty. You want to call a mother a murderer if she chooses to abort a fetus. Maybe she is. And it is your right to judge her as such if you so choose. However, it is not your right to infringe on any woman's liberty. It is not your right to try to force your belief that the fetus's life takes precedence over the mother's right to choose what she will do with her own body. Nor in reality can you infringe on that right, unless you want to create laws whereby women are thrown in prison for having abortions.

Instead of trying to force your views on women, you should seek to work with them so that they don't want to get abortions. Providing sexual education and contraceptives so that they avoid getting pregnant to begin with and working to improve upon alternative options to abortion. Instead of being an adversary to women's right to choose, become an advocate for a women's right to give birth to a child. Become an advocate for sexual education. Become an advocate for adoption.

What is ridiculous is thinking that you can get people to change by condemning them for their choices. Remove the plank from your own eye before trying to remove the speck from your brother's eye.