Abortion | Page 7 | INFJ Forum

Abortion

So, in other words, you say that the argument that everyone is a murderer weakens the argument against abortion because this murder we are referring to is as commonplace as what people do to eat a salad?

Yes, which has been my point. Murder is as normal as the air we breath, murder being another word for ending human life, thats why I am Pro Choice personally, the difference between my belief in pro choice and other peoples however is that its both a "necessary evil" and murder. I make no judgement calls on people as good or bad in that sense because humans aren't just good or just bad. They're always both, all life is made up of duality. Even in nature, lesser forms of intelligence which couldn't possible comprehend their own actions and simply interact with the coding that nature has given them kill and destroy other life to survive. I suppose the only non murderous living beings on the planet aside from a very few exceptions are plants, and then again even they have immune systems that "murder" bacteria.

I just wish people would stop trying to take the honesty out of what abortion is and living a fairy tale. We all kill to survive, we are all murderers.

Hmm, well maybe, but then the child is being force fed through his mothers umbilical chord.

The child still needs to be kept alive or it's a type of abortion. I think that makes sense.

I saw something on TV one time, a Christian Evangelist actually who made that point, with the way the corners of a banana fit perfectly into the folds of a human hand.

I think its just a coincidence though, if anything Bananas are probably older then humans or apes, so our hands would have had to evolve to fit the fruit, but then Bananas dont grow naturally in Africa do they? Or did they ever? I'm not sure.

Or do human hands fit the corners of the banana? If that's the case bananas have been crucial to our evolution as a species.

Reactions: bamf
Or do human hands fit the corners of the banana? If that's the case bananas have been crucial to our evolution as a species.

Only if we know if they grew in the African plains where man evolved originally, I know that they have roots in South East Asia originally but they do grow in parts of Africa, but do they grow in the parts where man evolved, also, man evolved from apes that ate meat as well as fruit, I dunno this is a good research issue for you Chazz, on with it!

The child still needs to be kept alive or it's a type of abortion. I think that makes sense.

Yeah, but the child has no choice in the matter, it cant even choose to digest the food thats autonomic, the mother decides if she feeds it or kills it.

I don't think it's the choosing that makes one a murderer or even innocent. Some folks who believe in an afterlife say we choose to be here. Essentially a child being born chooses to become a murderer.

I don't think it's the choosing that makes one a murderer or even innocent. Some folks who believe in an afterlife say we choose to be here. Essentially a child being born chooses to become a murderer.

Well only if you buy into that 1 particular notion of afterlife and religion, I personally dont. And I think it can be said that while that "could" be possible, it isnt definite and we should go on what we do know, which is that an unborn child has no choice, its mother makes its choices.

If it is true that the unborn have no choice, why continue the cycle?

Billy, what if a group within your community decided it was best for you to lose your testicles.

just in case you may have a child that may one day break the law.

If it was a majority decision, would it be acceptable and would you comply?

The unborn child will become a murderer if the pregnancy is not terminated. Why continue the cycle of murder and destruction? I think destruction is necessary in this world and in this dimension, but I also think there might be some place where it isn't.

Billy, what if a group within your community decided it was best for you to lose your testicles.

just in case you may have a child that may one day break the law.

If it was a majority decision, would it be acceptable and would you comply?

I suppose it would depend on the stakes, who was asking me, and if there was alternatives, like chemical castration.

If they could prove I was going to birth the spawn of satan for example or the next Hitler... who knows. If it was completely arbitrary, I am sure I might muster the courage to put up a fuss. I am not sure where youre going with this question, it seems fairly loaded though.

The unborn child will become a murderer if the pregnancy is not terminated. Why continue the cycle of murder and destruction? I think destruction is necessary in this world and in this dimension, but I also think there might be some place where it isn't.

Why continue it? why not continue it? I never said murder was able to be stemmed, and it seems rather silly to fight fire with fire. Besides, as I said, some murder is necessary.

Well, I can see why someone wouldn't want to continue a cycle of destruction (circle of life, my ass). The main reason I am pro-choice is because at some point I'm sure lots of people have felt, "This has to stop. I'm getting off this ride." I think it's why people commit suicide.

I suppose it would depend on the stakes, who was asking me, and if there was alternatives, like chemical castration.

If they could prove I was going to birth the spawn of satan for example or the next Hitler... who knows. If it was completely arbitrary, I am sure I might muster the courage to put up a fuss. I am not sure where youre going with this question, it seems fairly loaded though.

it is... it says that you are not being two faced, and for moral reasons, you would submit your body to the group.

I wanted to make sure of that.

thanks for answering

Well, I can see why someone wouldn't want to continue a cycle of destruction (circle of life, my ass). The main reason I am pro-choice is because at some point I'm sure lots of people have felt, "This has to stop. I'm getting off this ride." I think it's why people commit suicide.

Oh I wish thats why people had abortions, I could accept that, most people have abortions though because its inconvenient. I can see if it was a deep internal moral issue like that, but "its too hard" imo is really a pathetic reason to end a life.

it is... it says that you are not being two faced, and for moral reasons, you would submit your body to the group.

I wanted to make sure of that.

thanks for answering

You know I said I was pro choice right? I just want people who are also pro choice to have a grip on what that actually means.

Murder is never necessary, although killing might be. Murder is not just a another term for taking a human life. That would be Manslaughter. To qualify as murder, it must also have malicious intent.

Murder is never necessary, although killing might be. Murder is not just a another term for taking a human life. That would be Manslaughter. To qualify as murder, it must also have malicious intent.

Yeah if we were in a court of American law.

Calling abortion murder is just rhetoric.

I understand it is an emotional subject for some due to their own personal religious or philosophical beliefs... but not everyone shares those beliefs.. and as someone said above: What someone does with their own body is no one's business. If it can't live outside the womb on it's own, technically it's just a part of the mother's body and she can do what she sees fit.

It's funny. People want to defend the unborn, and then as soon as the child is born you forget... or just stop caring.

It's just self-righteousness. Do you care what happens to those children once they're grown? Are you donating money to homeless shelters and other charities to help support impoverished families or single mothers? Are you bitching about paying taxes that fund public aid? Are you interested in becoming a foster parent or adopting?

I have met a woman who was raped and still had her child. Do you know what happened? She ended up abusing that child and punishing that child for the father's actions. Are you, with such strong opinions about abortion--out there volunteering your time in programs to help mentor children? To help mentor single mothers???
Maybe you could have made some difference in a child's or a mother's life, shown some love and given some encouragement and support.

Get off your high horses. What good is your judgement if you are just going to sit there and do nothing to contribute to the society you find corrupt or so desperately want to preach against becoming more corrupt.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sithious and Bird