A Life Without Dating | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

A Life Without Dating

I can easily see this, because I don't relate at all to the idea of getting something 'more' from relationships that I value, which I don't from friendship. Nor do I really see a strict boundary.

There are people who pursue relationships in ways that don't irritate me and where I'm happy for them, but quite honestly by and large, I find my judgments to be quite negative. It's this silly situation where many seem to not just excuse jealous, petty feelings...but actually semi-glorify them.... I can deal with having mercy on someone for such things, but not the glorifying part

Sometimes I think so, but that's some twisted compartmentalization I reckon.

If it ever came to it, I would be perfectly content being single. I won’t lie; I do and would have my moment of loneliness, but that easily goes away once I start doing something that makes me content and satisfied in my life—my writing, reading, cooking a nice meal or dessert, helping others and my loved ones/friends, meditating, university, going out, etc.

Having a significant other is great, but so is being single. Happiness lies within yourself, not in others.

So, I don’t think I would be too different despite being in a relationship or not. :)

I want a life-long monogamous relationship. I don't want to live in an empty house with just myself. However, I don't have time for the "chase."

I don't often put myself out there romantically. When I do, I try to keep it short and to the point.

Last edited:
Reactions: Will and Vicarious
Could you ever see yourself living the rest of your life being permanently single? No flings or anything. Sure, some friends of the opposite sex, but nothing intimate. Why or why not? If you did live your life this way, how do you think you would be different?

I truly don’t want to, but it’s already leaning towards it. If I do, then I’d probably be content on certain aspects, but ultimately feel lonely of not having to share any great moments in life with someone else.