A Complaint about Complainers Who Complain About Complaining | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

A Complaint about Complainers Who Complain About Complaining

He is complaining about complains who complain about complainers, as if it is not alright to complain. Now you all have come in and started complaining about him complaining about complainers who complain about complaining. You've just made the cycle that much more vicious, way to go.

But in your defense, I am complaining about you complaining about Goatman complaining about complainers who complain about complaining. See where this is going?

No I am not really complaining. I dont see why I should be positive just cause someone is being negative either. Balance for the sake of balance is redic.

Exactly!!!!!! The best way to fix a problem with one's appearance is to look in the mirror.
I think she was referring to the "infinite image" effect that you see when you have two mirrors opposite each other.

No I am not really complaining. I dont see why I should be positive just cause someone is being negative either. Balance for the sake of balance is redic.

I think neutrality is the best bet. I'm not really buying the whole dichotomy of positive and negative.

I think she was referring to the "infinite image" effect that you see when you have two mirrors opposite each other.

I was thinking about a similar idea before. My fault, I didn't mean to imply she meant it like that, that was my way of putting it.

"I dont see why I should be positive just cause someone is being negative either. Balance for the sake of balance is redic."

Someone said it earlier "lead by example" If you don't want someone to be negative, you should be positive towards them, that's all I was saying.

Last edited:
Can I complain that this thread makes no sense? :m077:

And there is a difference between complaining and venting or ranting th e other to options are usually justified and people understand. Complaining is lacking in justification.

Can I complain that this thread makes no sense? :m077:

And there is a difference between complaining and venting or ranting th e other to options are usually justified and people understand. Complaining is lacking in justification.

Sure, and I will tell you that the intention here is to try and find the sense in someone's idea even if you think it is nonsense. You are right, some if it is contradictory and hard to grasp, but think of it as a fun challenge to make sense of my less than perfectly worded post (talk about a positive spin), to get the root idea out of what I said.

The issue is, I may feel I am ranting, but you may see it as complaining. I may think I am justified, you may not, who is right? That is why it is best we accept people for their thoughts, ideas, and feelings, and try to find the silver lining.

Last edited:
I think neutrality is the best bet. I'm not really buying the whole dichotomy of positive and negative.
I used to think so too. But then I read Macciavelli (sp?) and he said that it was a bad idea and then I thought about it for awhile and saw a few situations that confirmed it for me. Now I think people should choose sides. It is safer.

I used to think so too. But then I read Macciavelli (sp?) and he said that it was a bad idea and then I thought about it for awhile and saw a few situations that confirmed it for me. Now I think people should choose sides. It is safer.

Nah, it's the fencesitters who always have all the power.

...Wow...my head is spinning...

But if I complain about this thread I'm exasperating the problem...or, maybe I'm just being honest. :p

It's okay to be honest. Really, it is. I prefer it, actually, as long as it's honesty without a nasty and/or passive aggressive vibe.

But if I complain about this thread I'm exasperating the problem...or, maybe I'm just being honest. :p

It's okay to be honest. Really, it is. I prefer it, actually, as long as it's honesty without a nasty and/or passive aggressive vibe.

No, you can complain about this thread all you want, we should accept your view and help you see the merit of this thread, that's my idea at least.

I think I worded it kind of poorly in my initial post.

We have a complaint thread, though. Several, in fact. To complain about the art of complaining seems...redundant. Is there value in complaining? I think there is. It's a shared experience of frustration between two or more folks. Is it always valuable? Probably not, especially if nothing changes or the same complaints are voiced over and over again.

But that's the human experience. We *will* complain. We complain because we're uncomfortable, we're upset, we're angry, we're bored, we got the wrong thing and/or its broken, or we're ungrateful...etc. And sometimes we don't know things need to be changed unless a complaint is raised.

I don't think we always need to examine why a complaint is raised, though. We just need to figure out if it's something we can/should fix, or not.

We have a complaint thread, though. Several, in fact. To complain about the art of complaining seems...redundant. Is there value in complaining? I think there is. It's a shared experience of frustration between two or more folks. Is it always valuable? Probably not, especially if nothing changes or the same complaints are voiced over and over again.

But that's the human experience. We *will* complain. We complain because we're uncomfortable, we're upset, we're angry, we're bored, we got the wrong thing and/or its broken, or we're ungrateful...etc. And sometimes we don't know things need to be changed unless a complaint is raised.

I don't think we always need to examine why a complaint is raised, though. We just need to figure out if it's something we can/should fix, or not.

Well the complaining about complaining was a joke. The real purpose of this thread is to increase people's resistance to negativity. Some people, regardless of type, just can't handle complaints or negativity very well, and in doing so can make this worse ironically. This thread is designed to increase this resistance and help people understand that if you want people to be positive you have to show them the silver lining even in the face of negativity.

Hows this for negativity?

infjposter.jpg

Hows this for negativity?

infjposter.jpg

:m077: Uh, oh, expect a flame war after posting this.

Just kidding, that's a great picture.

I personally don't care if people complain or are negative, but I have noticed that some people are real sensitive to it to the point of getting extremely negative around negativity. I kind of feel this is a Dr. Jekll and Mr. Hyde situation of people repressing their own negativity until it explodes out on others in those situations.

If people learn how to handle it and become better people for it, there would be less violence and conflict in the world. Besides, the attitude of blaming other people for being negative is no solution. How are you going to be negative because you think someone else should be more positive, it just doesn't make any sense, and ends up making everyone feel worse, especially the person who is venting, or complaining feel even worse.

If we can accept each other's negativity and find workable solutions rather than judging them, everyone wins and everyone feels better.

I hate it when people assume everything someone says is a complaint.

Me too. Occasionally people will think I'm complaining when I'm just making a comment for discussion and I really couldn't care less either way.
Though, to be fair, I often squint or lower my brow, which probably makes me look angry or concerned to someone who doesn't know me well.

Last edited:
I work with a bunch of constant complainers and to make it worse, after they complain they say, "Don't say anything. I'll handle it." And then they never do. They just like to hear themselves complain for some reason. It really, really sucks.

I work with a bunch of constant complainers and to make it worse, after they complain they say, "Don't say anything. I'll handle it." And then they never do. They just like to hear themselves complain for some reason. It really, really sucks.

I've dealt with something similar. A woman where I work started out as a nice person when I first met her, then she started confiding in me about how much she hated the boss and whatever, and it became that every time I saw her that's all she ever wanted to talk about. Such negative vibes. About a year later she quit. All I can say is I'm glad that I can say it really, really suckED. Adios to her!:m179:

Last edited: