6w5 | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

6w5

A question for Enneagram 6's...

Is there anything that makes you angrier than someone turning on you that you've given your loyalty to?

Angry at first, later terribly hurt.
But, sometimes one act is consider as betryl by one side, but other does not sees it that way.
That's what I learnt. One have to be wise to tell what is what. If something hurts me, it does not mean that other side do it to hurt. What is more important, maybe other side sees is as something neutral.

Are there any extraverted 6w5s on this board?

me
sx/sp/so last i checked but i m not sure
phobic
I've been diagnosed with 5w6 then 6w5 so it's somewhere there.
love teamwork (also Fe?), want to be safe, favor thinking and stay on the side of events to observe truths(Ti), curious, loyal, funny, undecided, that's me.
some fact that came to mind about this: a 4w5 said 6s defect is they change loyalty towards the winner, thus being cowards. i wouldn't know, maybe there's a practical side to it. but since a 6 is supposedly the most loyal, i wouldn't worry about that accusation. it only bothers me because it attacks a 6's most prized characteristic :m173:

Is there anything that makes you angrier than someone turning on you that you've given your loyalty to?

guess not, maybe murder?

Last edited:

Yes, knowing they had a reason to. Or in some ways, not had a reason to. Either way could work.

Yes, Being excluded from something I want to be a part of makes me angrier and always has. I always find it unfair if my abilities are judged before I get a sufficient chance to show them, or to try. In retrospect though perhaps this is for the best as it has driven me to do some great things without this anger I may not have found the drive to build my own business, or brake into the audio business, or get third in a 26 mile rollerblade marathon. Sometimes it's good to have that angry "I'll show them all" drive.

I think competence is more of a hot button issue for me than loyalty, really. I can usually see changes in relationships coming long before they happen, so they don't throw me for a loop.

6w5 so/sp/sx

A lot of information to process on this anneagram stuff.

For me being a 6 makes a lot of sense... I have "struggled" with anxiety most of my life. Time to look for the bright side of this.

...One point I'd like to make would be that 6s...
....as improper as it is, swims in anxiety. In that aspect, I would say it's different compared to those with anxiety disorders; or paranoia (though they may as well overlap)

As in, take the anxiety off; and it will make the situation even more anxious. An empty room is scarier, that kind of psychological trick..?

Even the Holy Idea (faith) and the virtue (courage) both, in idea, takes note of the anxiety. They don't aim to dismiss, nor make the fear and doubt and concern disappear.
They face it directly.

..That's what I thought. Do CMIIW?

Reactions: Gaze
Any more 6w5s in da house? :m075:

How do you relate to the 6w5 description?

6w5 here. I stay loyal long past most would in many situations. I have fortunately matured in the late fifties and see much of my worries and anxieties in the past.

As for anger, it takes a lot to make me angry. I have been turned on so many times I am confused about loyalty and often wonder if it is a human characteristic; maybe a goal some do not reach. Maybe loyalty is multifaceted and other types may bounce back and forth with it like the early 6w5 bounces around with many things. Even when I do get angry, I have learned to control it at my expense.

Defender? I relate to this part more than most any other part or description. Anxiety? Sounds better than the paranoia some of those I know think I have when I do not.

Wanted to touch on rebellious. Was I rebellious when I trained for something specific and was told to do something else at the last minute at a track meet as a younger man? I refused to participate. Why? I saw it as unfair, felt lied to, was told to sit on the bench if I couldn't do what the coach wanted me to do, etc. Told him I would do it if I could do what I had trained for, too. He wouldn't have that: humiliated me in front of the team.

Fact is it looked rebellious to him. I stood up for what I thought was fair. Looking back, I lost the opportunity and should have done what he asked of me. I missed out, and there were many situations similar.

In deep with security, which promotes the paranoid accusations. I need inner security on this earth.

Last edited:
bump!

Can 6s relate to this video?

[video=youtube;eAQCEA7tJus]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAQCEA7tJus[/video]

Great video! I used to be a 6 and may still be. I project my feelings onto certain others, but not all the time. I use exercise to get out of my head as well. :(

I "give" my absolute loyalty to few people. If someone were to turn on me as such, I would first feel confused. After all, my mind knows who to accept and who to reject mostly after taking so much time and so many precautions first. Maybe I made a mistake. Maybe I read someone wrong. Maybe my feelings were confused somehow by something else thrown into the mix. I would, of course, try to blame myself at first.

After analyzing all I could find, I would next turn to the one that turned on me. Rather than question intentions, I would most likely try to find them an excuse to place in my mind. I might even try to find myself an excuse for being so hard on myself. Guess this is when reality would set in.

Must be a third party involved. Maybe there is a reason somewhere for the greater good I cannot see yet. Like the song says, "If my eyes don't deceive me there's something going on around here." It could be above my comprehension. Does someone sense denial? Best think about it further....

I have to admit there is a person in my life that can walk up to me and just tell it like it is sometimes. For this I am thankful. They know me well enough to help me go through my "checklist", if I may call it that, one jot or tittle at a time. They know by now it is not paranoia. They know of the deciphering mind. They know of my intuition....nuff said about that. They know me and my mind well enough to help me see whatever reason my mind is searching for a bit more clearly, though the possibility exists to still be on the wrong track. I cannot get angry if I have let someone in any longer. Decades ago, maybe. Now? It just doesn't seem to happen of anyone I don't expect it could happen with.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gaze
Guess I need to stop lurking and actually contribute ;)

For the longest time I thought I was 4w5 with a strong 6w5 and 1w9. 4 is a tough pill to swallow due to its plethora of negative characteristics. But at the same time with a decent rating at 1, I thought maybe I was improving along the path of growth. But after months of research, I think 6 works better for me. I wouldn't say I have anxiety attacks or anything, but there is an underlying current of dread when it comes to certain things. But that underlying current is also kept at bay to some degree by the 5 wing. For example if a boss yells at me, I get a knot in my stomach, then I detach emotionally and basically look at their temper tantrum and say: "right . . . so what's the solution? Because I'm only interested in the solution and not in your misguided attempt to raise your own blood temperature." Other thing that made me think I was more a 6 rather than a 4 was I do kind of have a "council" that I seek guidance from, drawn from trusted friends. I will note, however, that at the end I usually tend to reject the advice of the council and go with my gut.

Just another thought - but I wonder if Type 4 INFJs have a greater capacity for empathy than Type 6 INFJs. I find myself at times to be lacking in that area, the Fe will make sure that I comfort and acknowledge the pain, but a part of me just kind of sits there and observes or starts thinking what other stuff I need to handle. Then again this may be specific to the workplace where people have to keep a certain distance with coworkers.

This is one of the biggest things that piss me off. When I work for someone, I expect them to be great leaders. I want them to lead by example, to not make irrational decisions and do their share of the work. When I see them slack off (e.g. never be at work) or make short-term irrational decisions, I become angry at their foolishness. I lose trust in them and begin seeking a way out. At the same time, my 6 keeps me working, but perhaps not as feverishly as before. I'll take it for the team, but not for someone who is a superior only by title and not by strength of character.

Last edited:
This is one of the biggest things that piss me off. When I work for someone, I expect them to be great leaders. I want them to lead by example, to not make irrational decisions and do their share of the work. When I see them slack off (e.g. never be at work) or make short-term irrational decisions, I become angry at their foolishness. I lose trust in them and begin seeking a way out. At the same time, my 6 keeps me working, but perhaps not as feverishly as before. I'll take it for the team, but not for someone who is a superior only by title and not by strength of character.

Amen to that.

Any new 6w5s in the house? :)

me! me!

(UM.)

Another question for 6w5s.

Do you prefer ignorance than heartbreak?
Basing this from my own experience, but there are times my clarity / anxiety brought me a painful heartbreak.
But the thing is, as much as it is painful, and in some ways unwanted, I wouldn't want to trade it for anything else. In some ways it's very, very precious.

But what about you?

Also,
how do you find faith?