6w5 | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

6w5

A question for Enneagram 6's...

Is there anything that makes you angrier than someone turning on you that you've given your loyalty to?

Yep, I'm big on loyalty and it's tough to live in a culture which scoffs at it. Relationships are temporal or short lived.

...One point I'd like to make would be that 6s...
....as improper as it is, swims in anxiety. In that aspect, I would say it's different compared to those with anxiety disorders; or paranoia (though they may as well overlap)

As in, take the anxiety off; and it will make the situation even more anxious. An empty room is scarier, that kind of psychological trick..?

Agree. Sometimes, telling myself to not feel anxious or worried makes me feel worse. Glad to know I'm not the only one who experiences this. Yeah, and empty room is scarier because your mind can fill it with so much fear and anticipation of what could or couldn't be in it. While a room with stuff (*not necessarily overloaded) is more calming and focused.

[MENTION=2172]Trifoilum[/MENTION]

Not sure if one is better than the other. Sometimes, I think it may be better to not know what's happening, that way I don't have to worry about it unless confronted with it directly. On the other hand, I don't want to feel as if I'm the only one who doesn't know what's happening. So, in that case, heartbreak is more difficult but it's better if someone is upfront. That way I don't have to guess at what's happening since the truth is out in the open.

Agree. Sometimes, telling myself to not feel anxious or worried makes me feel worse. Glad to know I'm not the only one who experiences this. Yeah, and empty room is scarier because your mind can fill it with so much fear and anticipation of what could or couldn't be in it. While a room with stuff (*not necessarily overloaded) is more calming and focused.
Sometimes staring that fear and anxiety RIGHT IN THE FACE can be really scary at times-- especially when you have something to protect. (I think this is related to 6's other traits; loyalty, and the foundations.)
Easier to suppress, to repress.
But.... there are something better.

I, myself, need to remind myself of that.

So, in that case, heartbreak is more difficult but it's better if someone is upfront. That way I don't have to guess at what's happening since the truth is out in the open.

Sometimes it just feels like THINKING about what may happen actually takes more headspace than actually DEALING with it, for me?
Like, tunnel-visioning over hypothesis and potentials.

Knowing that someone has open ill will may be more painful but for me it is...easier? Well, not that easier because now that I know they have malice I begin to wonder "OMG WHAT WILL THEY DO", but.

Indeed, not all Sixes go along with the “status quo”: their beliefs may be rebellious and anti-authoritarian, even revolutionary. In any case, they will typically fight for their beliefs more fiercely than they will fight for themselves, and they will defend their community or family more tenaciously than they will defend themselves.

I defend rebellious attitudes by fraternising with and sometimes defending those who seem to have those attitudes. But I don't manifest it in a fierce manner, usually.

Another question for 6w5s.

Do you prefer ignorance than heartbreak?
Basing this from my own experience, but there are times my clarity / anxiety brought me a painful heartbreak.
But the thing is, as much as it is painful, and in some ways unwanted, I wouldn't want to trade it for anything else. In some ways it's very, very precious.

But what about you?

Also,
how do you find faith?

I prefer heartbreak. If I followed my heart into a relationship, it must mean that my heart wanted to experience whatever potential aftermath.

Another question for 6w5s.

Do you prefer ignorance than heartbreak?
Basing this from my own experience, but there are times my clarity / anxiety brought me a painful heartbreak.
But the thing is, as much as it is painful, and in some ways unwanted, I wouldn't want to trade it for anything else. In some ways it's very, very precious.

But what about you?

Also,
how do you find faith?

I mean I guess it just depends. I often would prefer the truth over what I would like to believe, but there are some instances where I sort of knew what I thought was incorrect, but the fantasy or idea of it meant so much to me that I refused to face situations which would force me to fully realize the truth, if that makes sense? I can only think of one clear example of it:

I've had this crush on this guy since 5th grade. It was an irrational crush based on the fact that he was popular and funny and was nice to me during a time when a lot of other people weren't. Anyway, I had vivid dreams about him for years and had kind of turned him into my symbol of the ideal sort of partner I would like, but, to a certain extent also the ideal sort of person I'd like to be. In the 9th grade I had the opportunity to sit with him at lunch-- he walked up to me and invited me to sit with him because I was sitting all alone. I almost had a fucking heart attack. I thanked him for the invitation, but I didn't go sit with him, because I knew if I did I would be forced to face who he is really is as a person and the fantasy of him meant more to me than risking letting my hopes be let down. So it's sort of, for me, a form of protection.

Last time I test I was 5w6 or 6w5... I cant remember which. Im leaning 5w6 though.

I scored the 6w5 as my main type as well. Can totally relate to it. I can be very loyal and when I hear someone say they would rather save their own hide, rather to help some helpless innocents, I can become silently angry. I can also get really pissed at myself when I disappoint others while I willingly took the responsibility to make something happen. Love being important to others and attributing to their success. I'm a youth coach in field hockey and love to see my players develop and watching them grow from promising youth prospect into the first team. I'm a defender myself, which seems fitting I suppose:) I can be selfless and put my effort into making the team function better, in stead of being selfish and going for personal glory. Love the feeling I kept my team from losing by making important tackeles/interceptions.

As for this question: "Is there anything that makes you angrier than someone turning on you that you've given your loyalty to?"
The answer is yes, even though this can totally infuriate me. But in the end, animal cruelty and seeing others been bullied can make me even more angry.

I test as a 6w5 consistently. I don't think I am except when put under pressure. Any form of intense debate or argument, when it gets personal. This is when I become the rock to other people. It is a sad rock. This is also when I ask people for verification.

Is loyalty like chivalry and royalty in any way? Loyal to the Queen?
knight-3.jpg

Not talking of one's loyal pet.

Is loyalty like chivalry and royalty in any way? Loyal to the Queen?
knight-3.jpg

Not talking of one's loyal pet.
Not necessary, I think?

I scored the 6w5 as my main type as well. Can totally relate to it. I can be very loyal and when I hear someone say they would rather save their own hide, rather to help some helpless innocents, I can become silently angry. I can also get really pissed at myself when I disappoint others while I willingly took the responsibility to make something happen. Love being important to others and attributing to their success. I'm a youth coach in field hockey and love to see my players develop and watching them grow from promising youth prospect into the first team. I'm a defender myself, which seems fitting I suppose:) I can be selfless and put my effort into making the team function better, in stead of being selfish and going for personal glory. Love the feeling I kept my team from losing by making important tackeles/interceptions.

As for this question: "Is there anything that makes you angrier than someone turning on you that you've given your loyalty to?"
The answer is yes, even though this can totally infuriate me. But in the end, animal cruelty and seeing others been bullied can make me even more angry.

I see some of this in myself, I am a defender. I don't like seeing people being bullied. I don't believe in this "everyone is fair game" nonsense purely for someone's entertainment.

I test as a 6w5 consistently. I don't think I am except when put under pressure. Any form of intense debate or argument, when it gets personal. This is when I become the rock to other people. It is a sad rock. This is also when I ask people for verification.

Yes, I do ask for verification, but people tend to misunderstand this as a need for approval, so I try to avoid doing this too often. However, verification is my way to check that I am on the right track, not whether someone agrees with me.

Reactions: Tris
I always test 286. That's pretty much been consistent.

I'm a 2w1 then 8w7 and finally 6w5.