12 Signs You're a Real..... | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

12 Signs You're a Real.....

- You're an INTP if you ponder whether or not you should feel bad about ENTPs feeling bad about making the kind INFJs feel bad about accidentally leaving them out.
Yes. You should! ;) :cornerhug:

Much of this is true for me, and potentially most INTPs, as well. I've bolded the only ones that are definitely not true for me.
Interesting! So what is different for you in these cases?

You've bolded the impatience case.
I do believe INTPs are impatient as well. See how you guys react when something doesn't work the way it should. Or when a stupid person doesn't get to the point, or worse, makes no valid points at all. ;)

-INFJ
  1. You don't know how to navigate furniture without injuring yourself
  2. You lose your writing utensil because you're holding it
  3. You cry at the most awkward and inconvenient points in your life
  4. You don't cry when you really probably should be crying, but instead you kind of want to laugh
  5. You tell jokes that you immediately regret sometimes
  6. You start a lot of things but only finish two thirds of them
  7. You get in people's business to a point of your own detriment
  8. You only speak up when it's reached critical mass

Last edited:
-INFJ
  1. You don't know how to navigate furniture without injuring yourself
  2. You lose your writing utensil because you're holding it
  3. You cry at the most awkward and inconvenient points in your life
  4. You don't cry when you really probably should be crying, but instead you kind of want to laugh
  5. You tell jokes that you immediately regret sometimes
  6. You start a lot of things but only finish two thirds of them
  7. You get in people's business to a point of your own detriment
  8. You only speak up when it's reached critical mass

Bwhahahahahahaha! Where's my pen? Oh, behind my ear.
Crying and laughing - YUP.

Signs Your'e A Real INFJ:

- At first your ideas sound deeply thought out and make sense, but then you fall off the deep end.
- You cut people out of your life and act unforgiving, while also claiming to be empathetic.
- You care about humanity, but hate people? What does that even mean?
- If someone else is crying you cry. If someone else is laughing, you laugh.
- You have no idea how you feel.
- You crave authenticity in others, but have an irresistible urge to go along with the crowd, which sounds inauthentic.
- Life of the party one moment, hermit recluse who won't answer the phone the next.

These are all so me! I will also add:

- you’re totally organized, yet still a mess
- you go out wearing your clother inside out...again
- you research esoteric subjects for a week and promptly lose interest when you realize “devil vampire hellcat” is not an appropriate search subject at work, neither is “what is the ESTP thinking”

- you research esoteric subjects for a week and promptly lose interest when you realize “devil vampire hellcat” is not an appropriate search subject at work, neither is “what is the ESTP thinking”

Sounds INFP. :p

I almost wrote this instead of the pencil thing, actually right after the pencil thing too but then I spaced out and forgot

I often space out after pencils too

Oh and I wear stuff inside out pretty frequently haha. Used to think that made me a P.

Interesting! So what is different for you in these cases?
  • You overthink your overthinking.

I definitely "overthink" (at least to others), but I don't overthink regarding my overthinking.
  • You are very impatient.
    You've bolded the impatience case.
    I do believe INTPs are impatient as well. See how you guys react when something doesn't work the way it should. Or when a stupid person doesn't get to the point, or worse, makes no valid points at all. ;)

I do know some impatient INTPs, but I consider myself (and have been told as such) that I am a very patient person. It may just be that I generally conceal my frustrations, though...
  • You are interested in nearly everything.

There are definitely many things I'm not interested in. I gravitate towards activities that are challenging and/or thought-provoking. I am probably interested in more subjects/activities than most, though.
  • You are supposedly funny, but don't really see that in yourself.

Sometimes I'm the only one who thinks I'm funny!
  • You forget to eat, sleep, do the laundry and clean the house.

I am pretty regular-ish about this kind of stuff. If I don't do them, it's usually on purpose or because I'm doing something more interesting.
  • You can focus for hours... or not at all.

I was actually diagnosed with ADHD years ago, though I've since learned that many dominant and auxiliary Ne types are. However, after my Si developed over time, I just got into the "rhythm" of things and I found that by reducing the number of items to focus on, it was much easier to focus. Routine is pretty automatic for me nowadays.
  • You care too much... or not at all.

I'm not exactly sure how to describe my level of "caring", but this description doesn't seem to fit me, I don't think...
  • You love humanity untill you interact with humans too much and then you hate people.

I definitely don't love humanity, haha. I love some of what humanity has created, but there's an equal amount that I dislike.

• You overthink your overthinking.

I definitely "overthink" (at least to others), but I don't overthink regarding my overthinking.
  • You are very impatient.

I do know some impatient INTPs, but I consider myself (and have been told as such) that I am a very patient person. It may just be that I generally conceal my frustrations, though...
  • You are interested in nearly everything.

There are definitely many things I'm not interested in. I gravitate towards activities that are challenging and/or thought-provoking. I am probably interested in more subjects/activities than most, though.
  • You are supposedly funny, but don't really see that in yourself.

Sometimes I'm the only one who thinks I'm funny!
  • You forget to eat, sleep, do the laundry and clean the house.

I am pretty regular-ish about this kind of stuff. If I don't do them, it's usually on purpose or because I'm doing something more interesting.
  • You can focus for hours... or not at all.

I was actually diagnosed with ADHD years ago, though I've since learned that many dominant and auxiliary Ne types are. However, after my Si developed over time, I just got into the "rhythm" of things and I found that by reducing the number of items to focus on, it was much easier to focus. Routine is pretty automatic for me nowadays.
  • You care too much... or not at all.

I'm not exactly sure how to describe my level of "caring", but this description doesn't seem to fit me, I don't think...
  • You love humanity untill you interact with humans too much and then you hate people.

I definitely don't love humanity, haha. I love some of what humanity has created, but there's an equal amount that I dislike.

Oh my god that is so me :p

Last edited: