11.11 | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

• Thread starter Deleted member 16771
  • Start date
OK INFJs.com, we're going to settle this once and for all.

Yesterday was 11.11 (11th November), and that number supposedly has ominous meaning among New Age folk.

So I wonder: did any of you experience any spiritual confluences or encounters with the uncanny yesterday? If so, please tell us - if not, feel free to murder our naive, hopeful dreams with brutal logic and hard cynicism :)
7s seem more important. 11s are too complex. In binary, 7 is 111, but 11 is 1011 - see what I mean. No contest!

I like all of the different approaches here.
Numorology is one of those things that can have great personal significance and meaning.
To me it's kind of a chicken and egg thing. We place significance upon numbers, thereby giving them actual power.
Our observation of their power further propels their meaning. The universe is math. Math is hard.

I like all of the different approaches here.
Numorology is one of those things that can have great personal significance and meaning.
To me it's kind of a chicken and egg thing. We place significance upon numbers, thereby giving them actual power.
Our observation of their power further propels their meaning. The universe is math. Math is hard.
Agreed :)

In octal, only the digits 0 to 7 are used.
0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 20, 21...

We still represent the same numbers with it, but by using less digits, less symbols.
So if 9 means something in decimal numerology, does it still mean the same thing when written as 11 in an octal representation?
What then if we use a very high base system, a system where you can represent 7118451 with just one digit?
I do not know that numerology is based on anything other than the whole numbers of 0-9. You see 11, 22, and 33 are not reduced to a single digit as they are labeled Master Numbers and hold different meaning than say 1, 2, 3.

So my questions to your question is
why did the creator of the system remove 8 and 9?
(I see a 16, but no 18 why is that?)
Was it to prove a math theory? And why multiply by the power 8?

This reads because the binary system of a computer cannot read octal numbers, yet a mini computer can? To prove theory and get it to work?

https://circuitglobe.com/octal-number-system.html
Another reason I stick to whole numbers 0-9 and use fractions of pie to slice it ip to my undestanhdings ;)
giphy.gif

We place significance upon numbers, thereby giving them actual power.

Well yeah, math is a language used to make sense of the the universe, life, beauty (heh), and "everything" but that is for Fibonacci, the Golden Ratio, Calculus, etc. Numerology is a stretch.

Well yeah, math is a language used to make sense of the the universe, life, beauty (heh), and "everything" but that is for Fibonacci, the Golden Ratio, Calculus, etc. Numerology is a stretch.

I don't think so really. Some numbers are highly important and have great significance on the structure of our universe.
Our understanding and comprehension of these things is just limited, currently.
Numerology in its current state is pitiful, because our understanding of how the universe is constructed is also pitiful.

Yes you did!

I mean, numbers are the foundation of everything so they are pretty damn important in one sense.
But life, existence, meaning... these things are all sort of uncertain and tenuous and transcendent of the foundations, imo.

I mean, numbers are the foundation of everything so they are pretty damn important in one sense.
But life, existence, meaning... these things are all sort of uncertain and tenuous and transcendent of the foundations, imo.
Oh, I was just being a douche. :neutral:

But Numerology is some major woo woo pseudoscience shit. (Says the person on an MBTI board.)

So my questions to your question is
why did the creator of the system remove 8 and 9?

There are various reasons to come up with the octal system.
It existed in certain cultures. The universal decimal system we're used to nowadays is arbitrary and could have been otherwise.
It also was used by some computers who handled and stored data in a format that wasn't a multiple of 2.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octal#Usage

(I see a 16, but no 18 why is that?)

18 contains the digit '8', which doesn't exist in octal. :D
If you add 1 to 17, the rightmost digit (7) hits the maximum. It rolls back to 0, and you add 1 to the leftmost digit (1), so you get 20.

There are various reasons to come up with the octal system.
It existed in certain cultures. The universal decimal system we're used to nowadays is arbitrary and could have been otherwise.
It also was used by some computers who handled and stored data in a format that wasn't a multiple of 2.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octal#Usage

18 contains the digit '8', which doesn't exist in octal. :D
If you add 1 to 17, the rightmost digit (7) hits the maximum. It rolls back to 0, and you add 1 to the leftmost digit (1), so you get 20.
Nice, thank you for explaining for me. :)